Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Fangs for the Memories

All I Can Give You.

by chem_x 2 reviews

Life goes on, even if Jared and Valerie don't. A final part to complete their life's tale.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-08-19 - Updated: 2010-08-19 - 2707 words

0Unrated
Some stories don't always end, they just change characters.
Rate and Review please, very different to the first part. :)



He had watched everything, he had seen the slayers bound and tie his brother but the rules of his clan forbade him to interfere with a traitor and his brother was one of the highest degree- loving a slayer, ha! It was insane for a vampire to stoop that low.
He looked over the piles of degrading bodies, the stink was strong, but he didn’t take notice on it. He walked over to where his brother and his lover lay dead, each with a blade through their head but he could only now see the love in their eyes, the slayer his brother had fallen in love with had taken her own life after losing a child and a lover, it was heart-shattering.
Shannon crouched down to examine the tiny ball of mush that was to be his niece or nephew, he scooped it up in his hands and looked at it curiously, something was strange about the foetus.
“Ack!” I voice screamed behind him, he turned suddenly and growled, expecting a kinsman or another slayer. “What happened?!” The petite woman cried; she had a bright badge clipped to her shirt, Shannon new a lot about human police forces; he wouldn’t have to kill this woman.
Shannon turned and shook her hand casually; blood from the baby was covering his hand and he held hers loosely. “Agent Leto, who are?” He said, décor lacing his voice.
“Agent Sherman.” The small woman choked, looking around her in horror at the dead bodies and then to Shannon’s hand, “What happened here Leto?”
Shannon looked around knowingly, “It seems that this woman’s gang wanted to kill her and her family, as you can see they ripped the foetus from the woman, killed her husband and after all the slay- gang members were dead, she killed herself in his arms.”
Sherman was almost in tears, sniffling silently to herself she paced around the corpses, “That’s awful.” She sobbed, “All dead?”
Shannon shook his head, lifting his hand towards the small agent, “The foetus still has a heartbeat.” He said- he didn’t even believe it himself; the slayer let Jared have his child with her.

Shannon sat sipping coffee with Agent Sherman in the hospital, they were waiting to see if the foetus was actually still alive, Shannon was more anxious than Sherman- this was all he had left of his beloved little brother- it was Shannon’s responsibility to look after that child and raise it allowing it to know who its parents were.
“This case is awful.” Sherman whispered, “Do they know who the victims were yet?” She sighed into her mug.
Shannon turned to her and looked down his nose, “Can I trust you Agent Sherman?”
“Of course you can Leto, and call me Mary.” She nodded.
Shannon breathed, “If that baby is alive, Mary, I must keep it as its father and the victim- was my brother Jared.”
Mary gasped, she was shaking as she put down the boiling mug, “Alas, I myself too wanted to keep it, Valerie was my sister.”
The pair sat wide-eyed staring at each other. Shannon felt it was fate and Mary called it destiny that had brought them together.

And then I was born…


Mum and Dad sit still in front of me, Mum’s a highly respected agent of the law, and Dad’s a creepy looking guy who runs a night-time grocery store.
They look off, something’s wrong in their eyes. I have my Dad’s eyes and height, kind of, and my Mum’s small frame. But my hair was scraggy and red.
Mum slides a box towards me, it’s about two in the morning, but that’s normal for me. My Mum respects that my Dad and I are night people, it’s just a thing, I’ve never been awake for a sunset or a sunrise, and I’m seventeen years old!
Dad holds Mum as I take the lid off the box; all that was in it are a bundle of letters addressed to my Mum Mary.
“What’s this Mum?” I ask her.
She leans forward and crosses her arms on the table, Dad follows suit; both of them have their eyes on me. “Jared, you’re a man now and there are some things you need to know.”
I raise my eyebrow and stare at the letters, “Do I open them?” Dad nods slowly.
I take the box in my arms and pull one of the letters out of the elastic band.
I watched my parents as I pull this letter open, they both look like someone has just died to them. I hope it’s not me.

To our baby,
As you’re opening this first letter I can assume that you’re a grown young adult now, your father and I are so very proud of you no matter what you have done and are doing.
If I have never told you our love story you will have to wait another few letters. Jared sends you a birthday wish and we hope you like our present, now that you are older you will have to face the clan and the slayers. If you ever get in trouble my sister Mary Sherman will try to protect you if Jared and I are not there.
With love that burns like a thousand suns,
Valerie.


I look up and spot tears flowing down Mum’s face, “What is this?” I cry out, “Is this a cruel joke?”
Dad stands up and walks round to me, “Its time you knew who you really are.”

It was then my 18th birthday…

I cried myself to sleep every night since I’ve gotten the letters, Mum and Dad told me about their own story; they aren’t even my parents.
I climbed out my bedroom window and wait for Sasha, she’s the only friend I’ve ever had in my life and she brought over a small cake with a single candle in it for me.
“Jared?!” She scurried over to my window sill and hugged me tightly, “What’s wrong?”
I handed her my first letter and watched her bawl beside me, “You’re parents died?!” She coughed and slurred, I could only nod and pull the other letters out of my room, “Will you stay with me while I open these?” I ask sadly. She curls into a ball at my side and zips up her blue hoodie, nodding quickly as I opened the second letter.

Our dear child,
You’re mother and I are writing all these letters at once, she doesn’t feel safe anymore but that’s normal; we are never safe. You see my child you’re mother and I are forbidden to be together. If you do not know yet it is important that you know that you are not human, but a vampire and your mother is a slayer that was sent to kill me.
Life is a strange thing, maybe I am reading these with you now or maybe I am not but I will always tell you that I believe in destiny.
I hope you like the gift that accompanies this letter- it is the only picture of your mother and I that we ever got in a locket that I was given it by my brother Shannon, I hope that one day you will meet him and he won’t still be trying to kill our family.
With love stronger than gravity,
Jared.


I stared at my letter, my father was a lunatic; he said that I was a vampire?! And my Dad’s a vampire too? Who was trying to kill them?
“Sasha, my parents were crazy.”
She cried into my shirt, “Can I see the locket?”
I shove my hand into the box and hear a few clicks and clanks; they must have given me a gift with every letter they sent!
Sasha and I opened the locket side by side, the faces I saw were different to anything I had imagined, Valerie was a pale woman with mad red hair and scratches all over her face, but she smiled brilliantly. Jared was holding her around the waist and was looking away from the camera at my mother. “You look so like him.” Sasha whispered, “Jay-Jay, I can’t believe you’re a vampire.”
I shook my head, “They don’t exist.” I smiled.

Mum crept in a left a folder on my bed, Sasha leapt out of her skin when she heard my Mum, “Ah Sasha,” she struggled to smile, “Why don’t you both come in, and we’ll tell you some more about this Jared, you can bring Sasha.”
I glared slightly, “I couldn’t, if Dad and I are vampires it wouldn’t be very safe.”
Mum sighed and walked close to us, “Sasha, you must never tell anyone what you hear about us.”
Sasha swore and Mum sat down onto my bed, “We are vampires Jared, it’s in our blood, it was in Val and Jared’s blood and it’s in your father’s and my own blood.”
I laughed at her, how stupid did she think I was? “So we’re all vampires! Wow, Sasha this isn’t very safe for you at all!”
Sasha didn’t speak, she only stared at my Mum, “I’m one too Jay-Jay.”

After nine long letters, a locket, music sheets, and a visit to some creepy vampires…

I lay in my bed with the locket around my neck, Dad had introduced me to the ‘clan,’ and apparently it had gone well. I hadn’t spoken to Sasha, I couldn’t- she was a vampire and she never told me; my parents were vampires too! What was wrong in the world?!

To my darling,
It’s time you knew everything I can tell you. Maybe I have already told you but just in case I will tell you anyway.
You’re father and I started as enemies, we fought for days on end and he almost killed me as many times as I almost killed him. On the 18th of March, we stopped fighting and that is that.
We begun to be with each other constantly, causing attention from the slayers I worked with and the clan that Jared was raised with. For weeks he was suggesting we have a child but I was never sure until one day it was the only thing I did want.
After you are born my dear, I will be changed into a vampire and we will rejoin Jared’s clan. Your father my dear, was a leader in the clan, a noble vampire with mixed up stars.
You must wonder why I have addressed these to my sister, well she too worked as a slayer but couldn’t handle the pressure of having to kill and I would not risk seeing her in person, I send her many letters but they are only for her eyes my darling.
If you hear of a man named Edward Smith run.
We hide in 23rd Hulling Street, one day we will bring you there and give you you’re final present from us, and with it is also the final letter that we will ever give you.
With love that blooms like a flower in spring,
Valerie.


I got up and paced around, all I could hear was a gentle tap on my window; Sasha stood with a sad look on her face, “Jay-Jay, I’m so sorry I didn’t tell you.”
I shrugged and opened the window to let her in, “I’m sorry I over reacted.” I embraced her tightly and cried onto her shoulder.
She kissed my cheek and roped her arms around my shoulders; her embrace was warm and welcoming. She was the best friend I had ever needed, “Sasha, will you come to collect the last letter with me?”

Mum and Dad had insisted that they come with me to the abandoned apartment; it was a tiny place that stank awfully. Before we walked in Dad pulled me to the side, away from Sasha and Mum, he was twisting his wedding ring nervously, “Jared, you may want to know what happened in here before you enter and I insist that I tell you now.”
I shook my head, silencing him for a moment, “In here I want to know everything, no where else.”
I walked over to Sasha and held her hand tightly, Mum and Dad huddled, and walked in behind us, Mum was carrying the same folder she put on my bed weeks before.

“Oh God.” Sasha cried, stopping dead in her tracks and leaning strongly on my shoulder.
I couldn’t speak, the blood stains splattered across the room and the bones littering the floor had left me taken back, I felt tears spilling from my eyes, I wheezed heavily and dragged Sasha back a step, “Wh- wh- which are they?”
Mum handed me the folder, I opened it and saw my parents, my real parents with dead white eyes and blood drenched faces, I looked up and spotted two skeletons close together, both with blades in their skulls, they were linked tightly.
“Your mother killed herself because she thought you were dead and she thought Jared had been killed.” Dad choked, “I watched it all from the window, they ripped you from her womb and Jared killed most of the slayers in this room before killing Edward and being killed himself.”
I dropped to my knees and cried; Sasha was held by Mum as they both cried silently. I wailed loudly as Dad rummaged around the room, “I found the letter Jared.” He whispered.
“Will you read it?”
He nodded and planted himself on the floor; we all sat close in a circle waiting to listen to him.

To my world,
I realise that this is the final letter I will write, I saw them outside, and I haven’t seen my love in hours. They have been stalking us for many days now, and as I sit here and cry I cannot help but wonder if we will make it- but I know that no matter where Jared and I are in the world that you will feel us with you in your heart, alas you may not know us but as I see Shannon’s reflection in the window, I know inside me that you will live somehow.
With this letter is the wedding ring Jared gave me, the blood ring holds a drop of blood from both lovers and now that it has my blood and your father’s, I know it is time for your blood to be in it.
When you find someone you love you will know that they are the only person you will need in life.
My dear, your father, and I will love you always, whether we are there in our hideaway with you or not, we will be waiting for you to be with us.
With love, as that is all we can offer,
Your Mother and Your Father,
Valerie Sherman and Jared Leto.


Dad handed me the blood ring, his eyes were wet with tears that he would not let fall. I could see guilt and sorrow in his eyes but what happened was destiny and not his fault.
I only held the ring for a moment before deciding that I knew Valerie and Jared were watching over me, they never left me; I just never saw them. They guided me the way that only true parents could.
I dropped to my knees and pulled the dagger from my father’s head and then from my mothers, with the tip I allowed a trickle of blood to fall from my finger and into the glittering ring. It shone a red colour. I turned at looked at Sasha showing her the ring as it reflected the shine onto her beautiful face, “Will you marry me Sasha?”
“Yes.” She cried.
Sign up to rate and review this story