Categories > TV > WWE > Rocking All The Way To The Motorcity

Chapter 2

by RhiannonLeighBlack 0 reviews

Category: WWE - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-08-19 - Updated: 2010-08-19 - 872 words

0Unrated
“You know, I really hate this suit and heels thing,” Robin commented, as she and Tina walked towards the precinct early on Monday morning.

“That makes two of us. I just want my sneakers. This getup actually makes me miss being in SVU,” the brunette sighed.

“I do, however, love the Starbucks on the corner. Coffee is love,” the shorter woman grinned, taking a sip of her beloved caffeinated beverage.

“Too true! The people in THIS one know how to make coffee! The one by our apartment back home was…eew…”

Tina trailed off, shuddering in memory of the horrible taste. They were two blocks from the station, when shots rang out in the apartment complex across the street.

“SHOTS FIRED IN THE OAK TERRACE APARTMENT COMPLEX! WE NEED BACKUP, NOW!”

Tina shouted this into her radio, as she and Robin simultaneously tossed their cups into the gutter. They raced into said apartment complex, weapons drawn; Tina nodded at her partner, before pointing to the second floor, and motioning for her to follow. After tripping up the stairs, the redhead pulled off her high heels and continued up. Tina slipped, and decided to follow suit, both women stuffing their shoes into their handbags.

When they finally got to the apartment where the shots had come from, they found the door standing open, and two men standing over Josh and Patrick, who were kneeling with their faces to the wall. The hit men were extracting a set of silencers. Both women stepped back silently, pondering their next move; with a smile, Robin held up her pistol, and made a throwing motion with it. Tina grinned as well, catching onto her friend’s idea. Together, the two sneaked in behind the hit men, who were screwing the silencers into their own weapons. With a rebel yell, both women clobbered the hit men in the back of the head with the butt of their own pistols.

Both Josh and Patrick shot to their feet, just in time to see the backup that Tina had called for rush in to arrest their would be assailants.

“That makes twice we’ve saved your asses, in less than twenty four hours. I’m beginning to think someone wants to see you dead,” Robin stated, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow at Josh.

“Who have you upset lately?” Tina asked.

Her question would be left unanswered, as their superior officer stepped into the conversation.

“There will be plenty of time for small talk later, right now we need to get you—all four of you—down to the station to get your statements.”



~*~

“So, let me get this straight, the two of you saved the two of them last night, and then again this morning?”

Captain Jensen eyeballed his two newest detectives as they squirmed under his gaze.

“Yes sir, Captain. Right place, right time, I guess,” Robin explained.

“That’s the only thing I have to say about it, either. Dumb luck on both parts that we were there last night, and we were on our way to work this morning,” Tina agreed.

“Well, since you two seem to be the ones our victims trust, you’ll be the ones guarding them. Consider it your initiation.”

“…Guarding them?” Robin asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yes, as in around the clock. It’s obvious someone’s out to kill them, and they trust you.”

“We can’t break the lease on our apartment, there’s just no way,” Tina stated.

“She’s right, it’s ironclad. The only way we’ll be able to pull this off is if—”

“Then they’ll have to move in with you. And, you can have the rest of the day to help them move in and get settled. If you need me to smooth it over with your landlord, give me a call.”

The tone in Captain Jensen’s voice clearly stated that the subject was closed. He nodded towards the door, and with a sigh, both women exited the office.

“Well, at least they’re hot, right?”

Robin shrugged, trying to lighten the mood.

“This is true. Didn’t they say they were professional wrestlers…?” Tina trailed off, as a look of realization dawned on her face.

“…I doubt we’re going to have to travel with them. They wouldn’t make us do that,” the redhead replied.

“Actually, they are,”

Both women glanced up to see Patrick smirking at them, and Josh winking.

“And, your captain, oh captain, said we had to move in with you, and that you’re helping us,” Josh added.

“Yeah, well, you can get a look at the place while we get changed, because I flatly refuse to try lifting boxes in heels,” Robin retorted.

“What she said, unless you want to start this little partnership off by a visit to the hospital. Red over there is notorious for her weak ankles and hot temper.”

“And what about you? Do you have a hot temper underneath all that prim and proper policewoman persona?” Patrick asked.

Robin snorted in laughter, as Josh quickly turned his into a cough.

“Yeah, this is certainly going to be interesting. Come on, Harter, last one to the car buys lunch!”
Sign up to rate and review this story