Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Exotic Love

Surprises

by YamiAlchemist 1 review

No one is allowed into the Dancer's chambers except for Pharaoh Atem. What's he going to do when he catches Yugi, his best friend and secret love, in there? Why was he in there in the first place a...

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi,Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [?] [Y] - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-04 - 1697 words - Complete

0OOC
Exotic Love

Surprises

The young Pharaoh Atem sat on his throne tapping his fingers impatiently. He had sat through so many complaints, requests, people seeking advice, and those people who attempted to gain his favor. He hated those people. They were more selfish than the complainers. Every single time one of them would enter, he would groan quietly. Not to mention, his butt was getting sore, despite all of the pillows he had. The throne was made out of solid gold, which made no sense to the Pharaoh, and the first time he sat on it after his father died, he had actually stopped everything and ordered a dozen pillows. Shimon, his oldest advisor, tried to scold him, but he merely waved the old man off and proceeded with the activities. And now, several years later, it was common sight to see him rearranging them to get comfortable. Right now he was getting annoyed with both the pillows and the fool in front of him. The man had brought two dance girls and had offered not only a dance for him, but to give him the girls as well. Atem had granted the dance, but only because he was bored out of his mind. That too grew tiring. After the dance ended, he motioned the girls to follow a servant, who would tell them about their new roles as maids. Atem kept no harem, and the only dancers were the ones he had handpicked himself. He had picked them, not because of their looks, but because of their skill. Some of the ugliest women were the best dancers in the group. He sighed as he motioned for his cousin, and closest advisor, to approach him.
“How many are left?” he asked.
Seth bent down and whispered, “Well, there are two more complainers, and three more dance groups.”
Atem groaned. Why did life have to be so tortuous? I could be with Yugi right now…
Yugi was a slave boy in the palace. Well, he was more like a servant and the Pharaoh’s closest friend. The two boys had grown up together. They looked so eerily similar, but their personalities were stark contrasts. Both boys had the same tri-colored spiky hair. They both had ebony bases and blonde bangs, but that’s where it ended. Yugi had amethyst tipped hair, while his own was crimson. He had sharp eyes that were a deep burgundy color. Yugi had wide eyes that perfectly matched his amethyst hair. Yugi was also a head shorter than him, making him look like a 12 year old, despite being 17. The two had become fast friends when they were little, and as they grew older, the bond only strengthened. Their personalities, however, were complete opposites. Atem was serious, silent and sometimes harsh when needed to be. Yugi was carefree, chatty, and kind to everyone he met. Atem had no idea how the boy had managed to grow up with that kind of personality in their environment.
When his father had died, Yugi was the only one he would let come near him. Everyone else tried to comfort him, saying comforting words and baseless promises. Only Yugi had told him the truth, and had only promised to stay by his side for as long as he needed him. Atem didn’t want to be told that it was okay, that everything was going to be fine. And Yugi had respected that. Instead, the younger one had told him that it wasn’t okay. That it was going to hurt, and it was going to be hell for the next few months, but that no matter what Atem felt, he wasn’t going to leave him. And he didn’t. During the entire time that Atem was grieving, Yugi had stayed by his side no matter where he went. For that, Atem was grateful. Right now he was wondering where the little one went. Yugi usually was in the throne room all day, sitting with the servants. He claimed that it allowed him to keep an eye on the young Pharaoh.
Atem sighed and prayed to every god he knew to end the day quickly.

A frustrating hour later…
Atem and Seth walked down a corridor of the palace deep in discussion. The last man that came through had complained that his village was short on grain. Seth had wanted to send him away with 50 bags of grain, but Atem had given the man 100. Seth argued that if he kept giving away so much, then their own stores would become short. Atem argued that they were one of the biggest cities in Egypt. There would be plenty of grain for the dry seasons. Plus, he argued, he was getting more and more each day in gifts from other cities and villages. They could afford to spare 100 bags. A commotion down one of the hallways caught their attention, and they quickly went to investigate.
“I swear, I’ve done nothing wrong!” a small boy with spiky hair claimed.
Two burly guards pulled the small boy from inside a doorway and gave him a harsh shove. With a cry, he fell to the floor. One of the guards pulled him up roughly by his collar and snarled, “Off to the dungeons with you.”
“No, please, you don’t understand!” he pleaded.
Atem and Seto rounded the corner and the Pharaoh’s eyes widened before he ran over to the trio.
“Release him at once!”
The two guards wheeled around and upon seeing the Pharaoh, immediately fell to their knees and bowed. The one guard pulled the boy down with him, forcing him into a bow.
“I said release him!” Atem snarled and pulled the boy away from them and proceeded to run his hands over the boy’s body to check and see if he was okay, “Are you alright, Yugi?”
“Yes, I’m fine, Pharaoh,” Yugi said with a small smile that made Atem’s heart melt.
Atem pushed him over to Seth and turned to face the guards, “What’s going on here?”
“My Pharaoh,” the one guard that had pulled Yugi down replied, “We caught him in the dancer’s chambers, sire.”
Atem’s eyes narrowed and he turned to face Yugi, who refused to look into his eyes. He walked over to the boy and lifted his face up, “Is this true, Yugi?”
Yugi’s eyes teared up as he stared into angry crimson and whispered, “Yes.”
Atem searched Yugi’s eyes for a moment before releasing his chin, “Why? You know it’s forbidden to anyone other than me.”
Yugi looked at the floor and shut his eyes tightly to prevent the tears from escaping, “I… I…”
“I think I can help with that,” a voice said from their right.
Two beautiful women, both with flowing red hair stepped up to the group. The woman that had spoken had brown eyes and stood slightly shorter than her companion. She wore loose pants that ended in gold bracelets at her ankles. A tunic type shirt that left one side of her stomach exposed snugly wrapped itself around her frame. Several bracelets and rings covered her wrists and fingers. Her partner had the same red hair, but had striking green eyes. She wore an outfit similar to the other woman’s, except for color.
“Serena, Wynter,” Atem nodded.
“Hello, my Pharaoh,” Serena replied with a small nod, “Perhaps I can explain why Yugi was in our chambers.”
Atem turned to them and studied the two best dancers in the palace. He motioned for her to continue.
“You see he was…” she started.
“No! Please!” Yugi cried as he fled over to her side and grabbed onto her, “Please, don’t!”
“Yugi,” she said calmly as she pulled the small boy into a hug, “He was bound to find out soon or later.”
“But not like this,” he whispered as hugged her.
“It doesn’t matter, now, does it?” she asked as she pulled back from him, “The cat’s been let out of the bag.”
She pushed him over to Wynter, who immediately wrapped him into a hug. She started to whisper meaningless fluff to calm him.
Atem watched the entire interaction with confusion lurking in the depths of his eyes. What could he possibly not want me to know?
Serena gave him a small, secretive smile and walked closer to him, “He wanted to learn how to dance, Your Highness.”
Atem tilted his head and stared at her, “Why?”
An amused smile graced her lips and she too tilted her head to the side as she studied him. She knew his reaction to her next words was going to be amusing, “He wanted to learn how to dance for you, my Pharaoh.”
Confused scarlet widened in shock. His gaze flickered over to the boy he had considered his most trusted friend, and secret crush. He could see the blush that had wound its way onto the other’s face. Beside him he heard Seth cough in order to cover up his laughter at his reaction. Serena herself was attempting to stifle her own laughter. The shock wore off and Atem closed his eyes as he placed a hand over his mouth to cover the grin that was growing. He couldn’t cover the amusement that filled his eyes, however, as he looked over at Serena. His grin turned into a smirk as a wonderfully wicked idea popped into his head.
“Oh, no,” Serena whispered as her own eyes widened.
“What?” he asked.
“Atem, I know you. I know that smirk,” she said with a slight admonishing tone, “I know you’re up to something.”
He ignored her and turned to Yugi and Wynter. He fought off the smirk that played at his lips in order to attempt to appear angry, “Yugi. Despite of the new information I just heard, you still have to be punished.”
Yugi turned in Wynter’s arms and winced under the harsh glare that Atem was giving him. He lowered his eyes to the floor as he tried to get his ever threatening tears to go away.
“Your punishment will be…”
Sign up to rate and review this story