Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Like It When We Touch

The Birds and the Bees

by BrightLights 9 reviews

...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-09-10 - Updated: 2010-09-10 - 727 words

3Ambiance


Hello people of ficwad, but more specifically the people that are reading this authur's note. I would just like you to know that I am indeed human. I make mistakes. And for that I am sorry.

I started a new school this year and the work load is crazy. I made a promise that I'd update sooner but I'm going to have to change that. Thank you all for being so patient and I hope you enjoy this chapter.



Chapter 11
The Birds and the Bees.


[Gerard's POV]

I frowned as Mr. Lundin's voice floated through the room and drilled it's way into my skull. He spoke in monotone, making it obvious that he's told this speech many times before. His middle-aged, balding head, shined underneath the florescent lights.

"And remember, always use a condom," he finished forcefully, his eyes glancing at a specific few people in the class-room.

I sighed. I don't see the point of Sex Ed. Most average teenagers already know this stuff.

No glove, no love.

"Now... I'd like to take this time to talk about a pretty controversial topic," Everyone in the class went quiet after that, listening for what he was about to say.

"Homosexuality" he said the word quickly and quietly, as if he didn't want it to taint his lips.

There were a few snickers along with shouts of "Ew, Fags" and "Queers"

I felt the skin on my face burn as an army of butterflies invaded my lower stomach.

"Quiet children," Mr. Lundin hissed, "We are going to discuss this in a mature fashion, I want absolutely no name-calling. This is not a joke," his voice boomed

The class did as they were told.

"Now, let's start with a definition... what is homosexuality?" he asked, his voice considerably calmer.

No one answered or raised their hand. The class was dead quiet.

"Anyone?" Mr. Lundin asked again

He started to scan the room, reading the faces of all the students. His eyes landed on me.

"Gerard?" he said, and I swear my heart stopped.

"Would you care to answer for us?"

My face was on fire. I thought that I'd just burst into flames at that very moment. Of all fucking people, why me?

"Uh... it's um," I glanced at him as he stared back at me expectantly, his eyes looked like they were mocking me, daring me to fuck this up.

"It's when two m-males... like each other," I said, shooting my gaze to random words carved into the wood my desk.

The room went silent again. That's really starting to annoy me.

I felt like every one could see. At this moment I was exposed, and everyone could see what I was hiding. All 20 pairs of eyes were on me, and they could all see. They could see everything.

"Basically, it is when a person is sexually attracted to someone of the same sex," Mr. Lundin said, his voice breaking through my thoughts, "This happens when..."

I closed my eyes and drowned out his words, hoping this class would end sometime soon.

----

I stared up at my bedroon ceiling, bored out of my skull.

Mikey had gone out on a date with some chick and my parents were at an art show.

I had the entire house all to myself and nothing to do but stare at my ceiling.

I stood from my bed and climbed up the stairs, listening as they creaked under my weight.

I grabbed my jacket off the hook and shrugged it on. The crisp Jersey air rushed through my body as I stepped outside.

I watched my feet collide with the pavement as I felt around my back-pockets. My fingertips grazed the smooth cardboard.

I pulled out a stick and put it to my lips, lighting it quickly before taking a nice, long drag. I let the toxic substance swim around in my mouth before I let it out through my nose.

I walked further down the street, no particular destination in mind.

I felt the familiar buzz as the nicotine hit my bloodstream. I concentrated on the feeling, taking hard drags from my cigarette.

I tripped over a crack in the pavement, almost tumbling to the ground. I looked up at where I was and realised that I'd some how ended up in front of Frank's house.


****

Happy Mikey Way Day!
Sign up to rate and review this story