Categories > Original > Horror > Christian

Chapter One

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

My name is Christian, I am a vampire, and out for revenge.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2010-09-20 - Updated: 2010-09-21 - 1013 words

0Unrated
My name is Christian; I was born in the year of our Lord, 1502.
Thirty years later I was the lord of my castle, betrothed to a fine lady, and a knight in my own right.
All of that changed the night that Veronca came, she changed me. She ruined my life, and then disappeared, never to be heard from again.
The lady, the she devil, turned me into a monster; she turned me into a vampire.
I swore on that night that I would get my revenge, that I would spill her blood like she spilled mine.
I fled that night, away from everything I loved, and now I walk alone, not part of the vampire or human world. I am a monster, I don’t deserve to live, but I do. I walk among you, and this is my story.

The phone rang shrilly, and I winced, rolling over in bed. Yes a bed, no coffins, no crypts, not for me.
Everything you’ve ever heard about vampires is wrong, well almost everything. I do need blood to survive, but I don’t drain humans, I take only what I need, and they never even know the difference. But all the other legends; the crosses, the garlic, the sunlight, all of it it is false.
I can go out in sunlight, and when I do, you would never even be able to tell I wasn’t human.
I’ve worked as a private eye for the last five years in Detroit, hence the phone ringing at three o’clock in the morning.
I grabbed it on the second ring.
“Hello,” I said, wincing at how raspy my voice sounded.
“Did I wake you from your beauty sleep?” The voice asked on the other end.
“You know I don’t sleep,” I said, “not like a human does.”
“I’m sorry,” the voice said again, a smirk in it this time. “Did I rouse you from your vampire coma?”
I growled and sat up.
“What do you want Alex?” I said, and she laughed.
“No good morning darling?” She teased, “after all I went through to get you the information you wanted?”
I sighed and ran my fingers through my dark hair.
Alex was the only human who knew what I was, and the only person I trusted.
“Its not morning yet darling,” I said the sarcasm heavy in my voice. “The sun isn’t even up.”
She laughed again, and then got down to business.
“You were right,” she said, “Veronca is in town.”
My hand tightened on the receiver as I listened.
“She’s up to her old tricks again,” Alex said, “newborns are popping up all over the city, almost more than The Cleaners can handle.”
“Where can I find her?” I asked the tension evident in my voice.
“She’s been spotted at Club Noir,” Alex said, “most of the humans she leaves there with are never found again, alive that is.”
I thanked Alex and hung up the phone, getting off the bed; I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower, before changing into a pair of black pants and a short sleeved black shirt.
I left the bathroom and stopped in front of a large painting.
“I’m close this time Violet,” I whispered, gently touching it.
For a moment, I closed my eyes and saw Violet, my betrothed, as I had last seen her. Blue eyes sparkling, blonde hair shining in the sunlight.
A few hours later those eyes would be forever sightless, the hair matted with blood.
Because of me, because of Veronca.
I shuddered and stepped away from the painting, opening my eyes.

Quickly I left the bedroom, going down into the basement.
I opened up a cabinet and pulled out my guns, ones I had specially made years ago.
Loaded in each where bullets filled with the only thing that will kill vampires, liquid silver.
After I checked each gun to make sure they were loaded, I put them in their holsters and pulled my black leather jacket on.
Leaving the basement, I entered the garage and got on my motorcycle, roaring out of the garage and down the driveway, heading for Club Noir.



Club Noir, the hottest club in town, if you’re a vampire or vampire groupie that is.
It’s also one of the hardest to get into, unless you’re doing what I’m doing, and sneaking in at the wee hours of the morning.
I left my motorcycle in a back alley and carefully made my way to the back door of the club.
Picking the lock to the door was easy; most vampires aren’t that big on elaborate security systems.
I slowly opened the door, and slipped inside, finding myself in a long dark hallway.
To the right I could hear the pulsing beat of the music that pounded through the club 24/7, so I carefully made my way to the left, toward what I hoped was the offices and back rooms.
I found a closed door, and pressed my ear against it, not hearing any movements I slowly opened the door and slipped inside.
I found myself in a large room; one that looked like one of the places the vampires brought one or more of the groupies.
I was about to slip back out into the hallway, when a slight noise drew my attention.
I drew one of my guns and carefully walked toward a gaudy red couch where the noise had come from.
Lying on the couch, her thick blonde hair covering her face lay a young woman, a human from the smell of her.
I noticed the ropes binding her arms and legs and quickly figured that whatever she was here for, it wasn’t willing.
I holstered my gun and quickly untied her, lifting her up just as she groaned softly and opened her eyes.
I looked down into her face as I picked her up into my arms and gasped.
I was staring into the blue eyes of Violet.
Sign up to rate and review this story