Categories > Original > Horror > Christian

chapter two

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

My name is Christian, I am a vampire, out for revenge

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2010-09-21 - Updated: 2010-09-21 - 676 words

0Unrated
No not Violet, I realized after I studied the woman for a moment.
This woman resembled her greatly, but she was clearly modern, dressed in a long sleeved red top and blue jeans.
I gently set her on her feet.
“Can you walk?” I asked her, and then realized she was staring at me in fear.
“I won’t hurt you,” I said softly, “I promise, I’m here to help you.”
“Yes I can walk,” she said, “who are you?”
“My name is Christian Arc,” I said, “I’m a private detective, investigating disappearances connected with this club.”
I turned at a noise in the hallway, and stepped toward the door, opening it slightly.
“I need to get you out of here,” I said, turning back toward her, and looking around the room.
I closed the door quietly, and then walked toward the woman, picking her up.
“What are you doing?” She gasped her blue eyes wide with fear.
“Trust me,” I said, before kicking the door open, sending it flying into the two men about to enter the room.
Before they could recover, I dashed down the hall, feeling her arms tighten around my neck as we crashed through the door and into the alley.
“Run,” I said, setting her down onto her feet.
“What about you?” She asked, and I gently pushed her away from the building.
“Go,” I said, “I’ll be fine.”
I turned and drew my guns, shooting the first man as he ran down the hallway.
The bullet caught him in the shoulder, causing him to drop his gun and scream in pain, falling to the floor as the poison from the silver coursed through his body.
The other man shot at me, then ducked into the open doorway, before I could shoot him.
I hesitated for a moment, torn between going after him, or getting the woman away from here.
Finally I holstered my guns, and turned, running to where she had crouched behind a dumpster.
“Come on,” I said, grasping her arm and pulling her up.
Without another word, I pushed her toward where my motorcycle was hidden and climbed on, grasping her around the waist and placing her on the back.
“Hang on,” I shouted, before roaring away out of the alley and down the street.


I took her to the only safe place I knew of, my house, pulling into the garage and closing the door before helping her off the motorcycle.
“Where are we?” She asked, as I led her into the house.
“My place,” I said, “until I know why you where being held at Club Noir, it’s the only safe place for you.”
She nodded, looking around the living room, before looking at me.
“Who are you?” She asked softly, and I smiled.
“I already told you,” I said, “my name is Christian Arc and I’m a private detective
She shook her head.
“That’s not what I meant,” she said softly, “back at the club, you moved faster than possible for a human.”
“Who I am, isn’t important,” I said, “I need to know about you.”
She sighed, knowing I wasn’t going to answer her question and sat down.
“My name is Becca,” she said, “I went to Club Noir yesterday with my best friend Shellie. We had heard that it was a hot place to be and wanted to check it out.”
She stopped for a moment and shook her head.
“Shellie and I got separated,” she said softly, “then everything went black. The next thing I knew you were holding me.”
I nodded, watching her for a moment.
“It sounds like you were drugged,” I said softly, “for whatever reason I don’t know yet. But I promise you, I will find out.”
She stood up and walked toward me, gently grasping my hands.
“What about my friend?” She asked softly, as I stared down at her into her blue eyes, my heart constricted.
“I promise you,” I said softly, “I will find your friend.”
Sign up to rate and review this story