Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > ...I Promise

Six

by thatcrazedfan 0 reviews

Sorry about not posting lately. Life has been really busy.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-09-26 - Updated: 2010-09-26 - 881 words - Complete

0Unrated
Jacob's POV

I knocked on Gerard and Frank's front door, waiting as patiently as I could for them to answer. After a few minutes, I sighed and started walking off the porch. I stopped when I heard the front door open, “Jacob?”

I turned around and smiled. Frank was standing in the doorway, “Are you guys ready to go?”

He sighed and shook his head, “No... Gerard,” he paused, “He isn't feeling himself...”

I shook my head, “What do you mean?”

“He got extremely sick after you left the other day... I think it might be the flu or something. I told him that we should go to a doctor, but he refuses to leave the house.”

“Oh.” I paused, “I guess that I can go by myself and tell him later.”

Frank smiled, “That sounds like a good idea.”

I nodded and watched Frank shut the door. I felt bad for Gerard, but I didn't want to wait on him to feel better before going to find out about Nikki. I walked back to my car and climbed in. I sighed and grabbed my cell phone. I didn't want to go by myself...

I dialed Quinn's number, and thankfully, she answered on the first ring, “Jacob...?”

I nodded, “Are you busy?”

“Umm... not at the moment, why?” she asked.

“I was wondering if you wanted to go to the coroner with me... I don't want to go by myself and the people I was going to go with are busy...” I sighed.

“Yea, sure. It'll have to be quick, though. Leah is coming over in two hours.”

I laughed, “It won't be that long.”

She gave me her address and I hung up. I put my phone back in my pocket and started the car. I pulled out of the driveway and headed towards Quinn's house.

I pulled into her driveway and smiled. She was sitting on the porch waiting for me. She smiled at me and ran to my car. She climbed into the passenger seat and shut her door, “Ready?”

I nodded, “As ready as I'll ever be.”

She smiled and I pulled out of the driveway. The whole car ride was silent. The whole time she stared out the window. I was glad for the silence, though. I didn't want to have to talk to her about anything, considering, I could barely think straight...

Before I knew it, we were pulling up at the coroner's office. I parked the car and sighed. She put her hand on my knee and smiled, “All you have to do is go in there and ask a simple question. Once you get your answer you can run out of there and go home.”

I nodded and opened my door. I climbed out and Quinn walked around the car to me. She grabbed my hand and we walked into the office.

The coroner shook his head, “I'm afraid I don't know how to answer that question.” he chuckled, “You would think I would, considering how often I get asked that. Most of the time it comes from desperate parents... or husbands and wives.”

I sighed, “You just have to answer the question... Is she still alive?” I asked again.

He took a deep breath and lowered his voice, “If I tell you this, you have to swear not to tell anyone else...”

“What about her father? Can I tell him?” I asked.

He nodded, “Yes, but no one else...” he paused, taking another breath, “When we get bodies in here, we check to make sure they really are dead. We don't want to accidentally bury someone that is still alive. Well, I was on vaction at the time... so my partner, Martin, checked her.

“He called me to tell me that she was still alive, that there was still a steady pulse. He asked what to do, and I told him to call the doctor. He said he would and then hung up. When I came back, I was reading the paper, and I saw the obituary, and a picture from the funeral.

“I asked him about it, and he said that he had made a mistake. When her doctor double checked her, she was really gone.” he shook his head, “I'm not so sure I believe him... Lately he's been acting very suspicious... Me and my wife went to his house the other day for dinner and normally we go down in his basement and have a few drinks... but he wouldn't let us near the basement door.”

He sighed, “I think she might still be alive... in his basement. Or she might be dead, and he has her corpse in his basement...” he paused, “He went to jail for rape... I wouldn't hold it against him to do it again. Once a raper, always a raper.”

My mouth fell open, “Can I ask for his address...?”

He shook his head, “I'm afraid not... That's personal imformation. Unless you needed him for a personal reason, I can't give it to you.”

I shook my head, “This isn't personal?!”

Quinn squeezed my hand, “That's not what he meant, and you know it.”

I nodded, taking a deep breath, “Can I at least ask what his last name is?”

He nodded, “Martin Jameson.”
Sign up to rate and review this story