Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > ...I Promise

Ten

by thatcrazedfan 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-09-26 - Updated: 2010-09-26 - 680 words - Complete

1Exciting
Jacob's POV

“I don't know, mom.” I said sitting down on the couch next to my mom, “It was such a strong feeling...” I paused, “It felt like she was right there next to me.”

She shook her head, “Jay...” She paused, grabbing my hand and squeezing it, “I'm worried about you. Maybe you should talk to a therapist.”

I shook my head, “I'm perfectly fine. I don't need a therapist.” I sighed, “I need Nikki... and I know she's still out there, alive, somewhere.”

She smiled, “I don't doubt that she might still be alive, but the fact that you are feeling here everywhere... and plus what I hear you say in your sleep... It worries me, Jacob.”

I shook my head, “What do I say in my sleep...?”

She sighed, “You just say her name over and over again.”

I nodded, “But that doesn't mean that I should go talk to a therapist. I swear to you that nothing is wrong with me.”

She sighed, “You're probably right. I'm just being your mom... I don't want you getting hurt...”

I nodded, “I know mom. I promise you, I won't let anything happen to me.”

She smiled, “I promise that I won't let anything happen to you either.”

I laughed, “Yea, because that's your job.”

She nodded, “Exactly.”

*

I yawned and looked at my clock. It was only a littler after ten. I glanced at my door and stood up. I walked to my door and made sure that my mom was in her room. Sure enough, she was, and the light was off, so she was probably sleeping.

I quietly closed my door and walked to my dresser. I grabbed my picture of Nikki. I walked over to my bed with it and sat down.

I shook my head, “Nikki... I know you're out there, somewhere.” I closed my eyes, holding back tears, “Just tell me where you are...”

I yawned again and looked up from the picture. I noticed that my window was open, “Didn't I close that earlier...?” I asked myself.

I shook my head and walked to my window. I pulled it shut and locked it. I walked back to my bed and put the picture of Nikki under my pillow. I turned off my light and laid down on my bed. With thoughts of Nikki running through my head, I fell asleep.

*

I opened my eyes and glanced at my clock. It was only a little after seven. That would explain why it was still pretty dark in my room.

I glanced over and my window and my jaw dropped. I sat up in my bed and stared at the window, “I know I closed that...”

I stood up and walked to my bedroom door. I looked down the hall and noticed that my mom's bedroom door was open. I walked into the kitchen and I found her eating cereal. “Mom?” I asked.

She looked up and me and smiled, “What, Jay?”

“Did you open my window?”

She shook her head, “No. Why?”

“Before I went to bed last night, I closed it, and locked it... and when I woke up, it was open.”

She shrugged, “Maybe you opened it last night and you were still half asleep.”

I sighed, “I don't know... Maybe.” I walked back into my room and, once again, closed and locked my window. I went to my bed and reached under my pillow for my picture of Nikki. When I didn't see it, I felt like crying.

I took a deep breath. I could just get another one from Gerard...

I walked over to my dresser, and right where it was normally sitting, was my picture of Nikki...

I shook my head and picked up. I was sure that I had put it under my pillow last night. I was beginning to think that maybe everything that happened last night had been a dream...

I glanced back at the window and shook my head, “No... I remember feeling the breeze from the window. It couldn't have been a dream...”
Sign up to rate and review this story