Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Kingdom hearts III Masters of the Keyblades

The painted tree

by Necrophiliac666 0 reviews

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-10-04 - Updated: 2010-10-04 - 2477 words

0Unrated
Training and a tree
A/N: Well, the training has finally started. Yay! Let us get into it. I own naught but original characters and the plot. The answer to my trivia question was Final Fantasy two. Thank you to my co-writer Morbid333.Thank you to Transitions end for the review. Let's get to it. Enjoy!

Sam: I just finished reading this script. Don't you think it was a bit sudden?

Me: What?

Sam: You having me-

Me: Shut up! You'll ruin it!

XXX

Emperor Mateus' throne room stretched on for what must have looked like one-hundred meters. An elongated red carpet stretched from the doorway to Mateus' throne. As one would have found various knick-knacks in a large manor, these walls were decorated with the presence of many tools of war or gifts given to the man by the many generals of various conquered worlds throughout the cosmos. Garland rested on a single knee with a hand rested on the carpet before it, his head down to show his respect to his emperor. Mateus merely looked down at the general, emotion lacking from his face.

'I swear upon my life, he looked nearly identical to the late Dancho Karamu,' Garland stated. [1]

'Fascinating. I wonder...' Mateus stated, 'Perhaps I should look into this myself.'

'My lord, you need not give this insect the privilege of dying by your hand. Please, give me another chance. Next time, I shall hold back naught.

'Very well, but for now we both have priorities that surpass that of this child you speak of,' Mateus stated, 'As each day passes, more of the cosmos hails under the same banner.'

'Yes my lord.'

'But these Heartless creatures, they may become a threat.'

'Those creatures being a threat to us is a preposterous thought if you don't mind me saying. We shall destroy them as well as those who command them.'

'Alone, they are pitiful, however when they group together they become a threat. Do not forget it was those 'pitiful creatures' as you put it that killed my brother,' Mateus stated, 'I will not allow the existence of those wretched creatures, not even one.'

'If that is your wish, then it shall be done, the Heartless shall fell the full vengeance of the Paramekian Empire!'

XXX

The bed was comfortable, and the night was silent. Sora woke silently in the night but remained within the bed as many of his age would. Of what he could tell, the sun had yet to rise, so why should he. There was no reason for him to get up, so he planed to drift back off to sleep. Little did he know that two individuals had entered his room and were about to foil his plan.

'Wake up you lazy bastard!' An unnaturally loud voice shouted. The sudden shock came as a surprise to Sora and he fell out of his bed. Next came the cacophony off an out of tune trumpet, the sound slammed against Sora's ear drums for an agonizing thirty seconds until it finally stopped. As Sora's vision cleared from its blurred state, he saw Relm and Sam.

'Look at what I painted,' Relm said as she proudly held up the trumpet.

'Move it Maggot, get dressed!' Sam shouted through a megaphone.

Sora moved quickly and changed into his usual clothes, and once he was dressed, he was chased out into the castles courtyard with Sam shouting various cusses and offensive comments, some of which contained various remarks about his mother's profession. By the time Sam had stopped shouting, they were in the courtyard.

'Why are we here?' Sora asked.

'It won't be often that we will have spare time such as this,' Sam replied, 'it would be beneficial to spend such time training.'

'But did we have to start so soon?' Sora asked.

'Yes,' Sam answered.

'But why?'

'Because I said so, that's why!' Sam shouted as he threw the megaphone at Sora's head.

'Ow!'

'Let's get started, call your Keyblade,' Sora did as instructed, Heroes crest appeared in his hand in a flash of light, 'When you strike at an enemy, would you say you use any specific technique?'

'No,' Sora answered, 'when it comes to the strike itself, I usually just use the weight of the Keyblade.'

'That is what it looked like whenever I saw you strike,' Sam said, 'That is why I have prepared this exercise for you,' Sam stated as he approached a particular tree.

'What am I supposed to do with a tree?' Sora asked slightly bewildered.

'Cut it down of course,' Sam simply replied.

'That's it?'

'That's it,' Sam repeated, 'Only a complete dipshit can't cut down a tree with something such as a Keyblade.'

'Yeah,' Sora agreed as he stepped forward and got into an appropriate position. He raised the Heroes crest and struck at the tree, cutting halfway through in a single strike. Sora removed the blade for the final strike, but to his surprise, as he pulled his weapon away from the tree, it regenerated itself, 'what the?' At this point, laughter exploded from Relm and an amused smirk grew on Sam's face.

'I should have probably told you but that tree was a magic picture made by Relm.'

'Yep! The only way to take it down is to cut through it in one strike,' Relm proudly stated.

'A single strike doesn't sound too hard,' Sora stated.

'It isn't...if you know how to strike at it,' Sam replied, 'now get to it.'

Sora struck at the tree a few times, but it resulted in the same conclusion as before. Sora spent the next few hours trying to cut the tree down, but no matter how he tried, nothing worked. Eventually Sam walked off, and after a bit longer, so did Relm.

Relm wondered where Sam had gone as she walked down the courtyards pathway, but then, a sudden psst caught her attention. Relm spun around and saw a worried Strago there.

'Grandpa, what's wrong?' Relm asked.

'I see he isn't with you right now,' Strago stated.

'Who?'

'You know, the Sorceress' kid. Hyne's vessel,' Strago stated.

'What is it to you,' Relm asked.

'I just want what is best for you. Maybe it would be best that you keep your distance from him.'

'How dare you!' Relm shouted.

'What?' Strago asked defensively.

'He's done nothing to deserve you to not trust him. You can't judge him over something he has no control over. If you do, then you're no different then that son of a bitch paladin!'

'That's not what I-' Strago tried to explain but was interrupted.

'What the hell gives you the right to say who can or can't be my boy...I mean friend' Relm corrected, but it was too late, the damage was already done. Strago's jaw dropped and his eyes seemed as if they were about to jump out of there sockets.'

'B-boy...friend' was the last thing Strago stated before his eyes rolled back and he fainted.

'Uh-oh,' Relm said before she turned around and rushed off in that direction.

Awhile passed until Strago regained consciousness.

'What happened?' Strago asked himself as he rubbed his aching head, 'oh right, now I remember.'

'I just want what is best for you. Maybe it would be best that you keep your distance from him.'

'Oh, that came out wrong. I meant because he's a boy, with all his hormones and his Teenageness. She's still a young girl after all,' Strago sighed, 'It's wired. I know there was something else...'

'What the hell gives you the right to say who can or can't be my boy...I mean friend.'

Strago blinked twice, 'Ahh!' Strago let out a rather feminine scream as he jumped up and started running in circles, 'Nooo! What do I do!? What do I do!? Do I tell her father? No, he wont give a flying...wait,' He interrupted himself, 'what about his father, he's sure to care.'

XXX

'I seem to remember you telling Sora that uncertainty is dangerous, perhaps you should take your own advice' Ansem's voice stated within Sam's head.

'Unlike with Kairi and Sora, I would bring only suffering to her,' Sam answered as he exhaled the smoke from his cigarette.

'Indeed, if you truly cared for the female human then do not soli her with your filth,' Hyne said.

'Be silent, monster!' Ansem shot.

'Would you two mind shutting the hell up,' Sam said. At that point, he heard foot steps. Quickly, Sam spun around and caught a glimpse of Relm as she quickly approached him, 'Is something wrong?' Sam asked as he soon noticed that her usually beautiful face was now contorted in thought.

'I was just wondering how you put up with everyone. Of what you told me yesterday, I can't even imagine what it was like.'

'It wasn't that hard to put up with,' Sam spat as he crushed the cigarette in his hand before turning to face Relm. She caught a glimpse of his eyes, and they immediately frightened her. Behind those eyes wasn't Sam, but she doubted it was Hyne, it was something horrible in-between, 'Do you want to know why it was so easy?' Sam asked as he lunged forward and grabbed Relm by the throat before pushing her violently against the wall, 'do you truly want to know?' He asked with a sickening smirk appeared on his face as he tightened his grip and summoned Outcast in a dark flash.

Relm struggled, however Sam just tightened his grip to the point that she could barely breathe, 'it's the truth,' Sam whispered in her ear, 'everything they say is the truth. I'm a monster. A freak of nature. A Boruritena-Dobutsu. Barely even fit to be a human,' Sam chuckled, something that Relm had never seen Sam do before, 'and Then again, why would that be a bad thing? What's so great about being a filthy human,' Sam growled a barely audible sound, his voice a cross between his and Hyne's, 'we humans were originally little more then sentient tools created by Hyne. But his flawed design was stolen by others such as him, and they were mass-produced on other worlds, perhaps they saw something in them that Hyne entirely missed.' Sam stated, 'but I've seen humanity through Hyne's prospective, and I have seen that this cosmos would benefit from their absence.'

'No...'

'We will all perish, and it is I, Hyne's vessel, who shall begin the cosmic genocide. We must all die. Our friends. Our enemies. You and I are no exception,' Sam stated as he raised Outcast and put it to the small patch of Relm's throat which was not covered by his hand, 'how cruel would I be if I were to allow you to live long enough and witness the fall of your civilization? How cruel would I be to kill you last? You shall be the first of many!' said Sam as he applied force to his Keyblade, just enough to make a thin stream of blood to fall down Relm's throat. Then, just suddenly, Relm noticed a change in Sam's eyes. His eyes had returned to there usual state, though they were dazed, as if he was just suddenly awoken. Immediately, Sam released Relm from his grip as he dismissed his weapon and jumped back, shock evident upon his features.

Relm wiped what little blood that was present away from her throat before taking a step towards Sam, 'Sam...'

'Relm, I...' Sam began, but nothing more came out. What else could he say? There was nothing to say. He had let down his own inner barriers, and this was the result. He turned around ad began to walk away.

'Wait!' Relm called as she grabbed Sam by the hand and pulled him to her, spinning Sam around in the process. As he came into contact with her, Relm wrapped her arms around him.

'What are you...?!' Sam began.

'Was it him?' Relm asked.

'His influence...but when it comes right down to it, it was me. It is me without holding my hatred back,' Sam answered.

'But he is the one who has forced you down this path, because you have been alone against that bastard. You don't have to be alone anymore; they can help you, and so can I.'

'I'm sorry,' said Sam, 'for that...and for this.'

'For what?' Relm asked, but her question was answered as he quickly moved his head forward and pushed his lips upon her own.

The sudden shock forced Relm's body to tense up. Normally, she would have pushed away any one who would have dared kiss her as well as delivered a knee to their groin. Strangely enough, Relm did neither of these things. In fact, she seemed to enjoy it, enough so to relax. After awhile, the kiss broke.

'Sam?' Relm looked in Sam's eyes.

'I had to try, no matter the result,' replied Sam.

'Well, thank you,' said Relm as she rested her head upon his chest.

'Now what?' Sam asked.

'I don't know. But everything should be better now, for the both of us.'

'That is easy for you to say. You aren't the one who has to worry about getting castrated by Shadow.'

'I'm sure he won't mind,' Relm said with a small laugh, 'Well you papa,' shortly after she said that, a figure dropped down.

'We'll see,' Shadow mumbled as he wondered off and left the two alone.

XXX

Sora was exhausted. Night had fallen and he still hadn't found a way to take the tree down. Now, he simply lay on the ground with his eyes closed.

'You know, you'll never get it if you're exhausted,' Sora opened his eyes and saw Riku standing over him.

'I suppose you've got a point,' said Sora as he jumped up.

'Try again in the morning, I bet you'll get it after you rest up.'

'I think you're right,' Sora said before he followed Riku into the castle.

XXX

A/N: Another chapter down! Trivia time! Name every summon you can get in Kingdom heart one. Review please.

1. Dancho. This is the official title given to Keyblade masters, though the name was lost hundreds of years ago.
Sign up to rate and review this story