Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Halls of Hogwarts

prologue

by jjbro 0 reviews

A mysterious door appears in Hogwarts. Tiny prologue.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-10-15 - Updated: 2010-10-17 - 203 words - Complete

1Original
Harry Potter and the Halls Of Hogwarts
Prologue

A horrendous crack echoed through the halls of Hogwarts followed by an almost visible wave of cool air as if a hundred mountain trolls had apparated en mass. Dust billowed haphazardly, alighting on suits of armour and portraits alike causing much sneezing and grumbling.

Momentary silence followed, before the subdued portraits started to converse in hushed murmurs. A harsh echoing series of clanks silenced all semi alive beings once more as they listened apprehensively, before what could only be described as a sploosh sounded.

When nothing more of interest seemed to occur the portraits convened in a roomy portrait of a Franciscan monk's abbey and a small squire from a neighbouring scene was elected to convey news of the strange going ons to Dumbledore. Shortly thereafter they retired to the feelings of a job well done.

No remark was passed as to the large oaken door that had wiggled its way onto the corridor. In fact, even the two portraits it had nudged aside had nothing to say on their slightly altered window into the world, and so it came to be that one of the most momentous events in wizarding history passed mostly unnoticed.
Sign up to rate and review this story