Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Faring Well

Chapter 5

by whoah-that 6 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-10-17 - Updated: 2010-10-17 - 1028 words

5Ambiance
Saturday night came and Gerard was to be found sitting at home, watching TV, eating ice cream out of the tub, and drinking orange juice out of the carton. To his displeasure, Mikey had asked on Friday if he could spend Saturday night at one of his little friends’ houses.

“You hate sleeping over other peoples’ houses,” Gerard had said, wondering if, somehow, Ray had managed to put this idea into his little brother’s head. He wouldn’t put it past him.

“I know, but Billy has the coolest house, and he said I could sleep over and we could play the new COD on his X-Box!” Mikey had looked so excited that Gerard couldn’t say no.

So, whenever Harper or Ray had broached the subject of the Saturday night party, Gerard had changed the course of the conversation, or remembered somewhere he had to be. So far, he’d done a very good job of avoiding having to go to Bob Bryar’s party. He didn’t like lying to his friends, but, truthfully, he wasn’t really lying…

As it was a Saturday night, and most people went out on Saturday nights, the only thing on television was a Power Puff Girls marathon on Cartoon Network. Gerard was pretty certain that he had never had a less effeminate moment in his life, not even when he’d had to wear tights to play Peter Pan in elementary school.

He swallowed another spoonful of Rocky Road, trying to convince himself that it could be worse. He could actually be at that party. Yes, he decided, he would definitely rather be in on a Saturday night than at some stupid party with a bunch of drunk teenagers.

Gerard sighed and flipped the channel, taking another swig of orange juice. It being October, there were a lot of scary movies on television. Gerard happened to land on the original Scream. He’d never seen it, but he’d heard that it was stupid, not scary. It was just starting with Drew Barrymore making popcorn, Gerard preparing himself for a lame B-movie.

Ten minutes into the film, Gerard was gripping the spoon in one hand and the carton of orange juice in the other, eyes wide, hands shaking.

“Run, Casey! Run!” he yelled at the screen, leaning forward. “Come on!” Gerard threw his hands up in the air when the young girl collapsed mere inches away from where her parents were entering the house. “Yell! Scream! You were just hacking your lungs out, and now you can’t make yourself heard from a foot away? Come on!” Just as the camera was panning in to the sight of the young blonde hanging from a tree, gutted completely, there was a knock on the front door. Gerard screamed, throwing his spoon at the offending noise.

Shakily, he got up to answer the continued knocking. Opening the door a crack, he saw his two friends standing on the step, eyebrows raised, dressed for a party.

“Oh,” he said, opening the door wider. “Hey.” Ray stepped past him into the house, seeing what was on television.

“Dude,” he said, chuckling. “Did you really just shit your pants at Scream?”

“I’ve never seen it before,” Gerard answered defensively.

“Whatever, dude. Oh my God,” Ray said, having just caught sight of the scene before him. The carton of orange juice was laying on its side on the floor, the ice cream was dripping icy condensation onto the arm of the couch, and a large, fluffy blanket that Gerard had been wrapped up in was laying in a heap on the floor. “What are you, a twelve-year old girl in the midst of menstruation?”

“I wasn’t expecting guests,” Gerard spat sourly, walking over and tidying up the mess. He put the OJ back in the fridge, and threw out the melted ice cream. Ray handed him the spoon that he’d thrown, which was then chucked into the sink. “What do you want from my life?”

“We came to get you for the party,” Harper said as though it were the most obvious thing in the world. “We knew you wouldn’t go by your own volition, so here we are.”

“I told you guys,” Gerard said, padding up the stairs to his bedroom. “I’m not going. I don’t feel like going to a party. What if Mikey needs me?”

“Speaking of, where is the little tyke?” Ray asked, looking around. Mikey loved him, and always came out to talk whenever he was over.

Gerard groaned. Now, he’d really dug himself a hole. “He’s spending the night at a friend’s house.”

“You little shit!” Ray said, running up the stairs after his friend. “You didn’t even tell us!” Harper followed the two boys a bit behind, taking her time walking up the stairs.

“You didn’t ask. Can you please leave me alone? I have a lot of work to do.” Gerard collapsed on his bed, throwing his pillow over his face.

“I can see that,” Ray said, rolling his eyes.

“Gerard, come on. Get up, take a shower, because I’m certain you wore those same pajama pants to school yesterday, and get dressed.” Harper grabbed the pillow off the teenage boy’s face, threw it on the ground, and slapped her hand against his chest a few times to get him going.

“Ow! Stop, stop, okay, I’m going. And for your information,” he added, getting up out of bed and beginning to walk down the hall to the bathroom. “I happen to have two pairs of Marvel comic pajama bottoms.”


The first half of this was actually my Thursday night. We had no school Friday, and my parents were both out, so I figured I'd settle in with my favourite horror flick, Scream. Some ice cream and OJ perfected the night, and it was incredibly enjoyable. I like this chapter. It would make me laugh if I hadn't written it. So...whatcha think? Wanna go review/rate/subscribe? Yeah, I thought you would, that's why I offered. So go do it. Now. OverAndOutxx
Sign up to rate and review this story