Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cross My Heart

Cross My Heart

by Motherwar_13 1 review

He had noticed her a few days before as her family moved in next door, not exactly sure what it was about her that captured his attention. Watching as she colored quickly with a blue marker, it mus...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2010-10-15 - Updated: 2010-10-15 - 722 words - Complete

1Exciting
She stepped out onto the porch and stepped down the steps one at a time. Her book, a Care Bear lunch box tucked under one arm. A blanket that was drug behind her, she spread out the small blanket and made herself comfortable. He had noticed her a few days before as her family moved in next door, not exactly sure what it was about her that captured his attention. Watching as she colored quickly with a blue marker, it must be the sky, he could hear soft sobs. Her shoulders shaking slightly, her head still hung low.

“Can I draw with you?” He smiled down at her comfortingly. Her blue water eyes slightly magnified by her pink glasses, stared back at him startled.

“Yes.” She smiled brightly through the tears, her pigtails bouncing as she shook her head. He took a spot next to her as she ripped a blank page out of her book handing it too him.

“My name is Gerard.” He smiled as he started his own artwork.

“I’m Abigail, Gerrard” she smiled trying out his name for the first time. Gerard giggled slightly at her extra r.

“That’s a hard name to say. Can I call you Ger. “

“Sure, if I can call you Abi”

“I like that, everyone always uses my whole name. I like nick names though. Its special.”

“No ones ever called me Ger before either.” They both laughed and he was happy to notice the tears seemed gone for good.

“Abi, why were you crying?”

“I was sad, I miss my daddy and friends. We had to move when Mommy married George. And I just had to get these and I look so funny.” She sighed heavily pointing to her glasses.

“I like them I think they are pretty. My little brother has to wear glasses too.”

“Why don’t you?”

“I guess I’m not extra special like you.” He watched her face spread in a wide grin. Not sure why he wanted so much to make her happy.

“How old are you Abi?”

“Six and you?”
“Ten, so we’ll be riding the same bus tomorrow and going to the same school. I’ll seat with you that way you wont be scared.”

“Abigail its time to come in and wash up before dinner.” Her mother called from the back door. Gerard helped her pack up her things quickly.

“Okay then I’ll see you tomorrow, and we’ll play after school too.”

“You promise?” She blinked quickly at the shock of someone his age wanting to still play with her. He moved his fingers to cross his heart.

“NOOO!! You shouldn’t do that its bad luck.”

“Okay then.” He picked up a red marker and took her hand drawing a heart in it and then grabbed a black on.

“Cross my heart.” he smiled as he put an X over the heart, she beamed.

“Okay Ger, I’ll see you tomorrow.” She grabbed her small bag from him and hurried in the house.


****


“Ger I think you’re a really good singer.”

“I knew it was a bad idea to take you to that play.” He chuckled.

“If you could fly anywhere where would you want to go?”

“I don’t know, all kinds of places. What about you?”

“Anywhere you went. You’re my best friend.” Abigail smiled over at him and he returned the smile. He really didn’t care if this little kid wanted to tag alone with him for the rest of his life, it actually sound quiet comforting.

A few weeks later the two of them were stretched underneath the large tree in his backward watching the clouds float by over head


“I have a present for you.” He stretched out his feet stopping his swing and dug deep into his pocket pulling out a small little glass vile of light blue and silver glitter, sealed tightly with a cork swinging from a chain. “Its pixie dust, that way whenever you want we can fly away.”


“Ger!” She shouted happily wrapping her tiny arms around his chest and squeezing as tightly as she could. “I love it” She quickly slipped it over her head then took his hand drawing a small heart with the tip of her finger and then crossing it.
Sign up to rate and review this story