Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Melodia Who

Chapter 10: Understanding

by MelodiaSnape 2 reviews

Severus and Melodia come to terms with their strong wills as they learn to come together

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Snape, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [X] - Published: 2006-05-07 - Updated: 2006-05-07 - 2547 words

1Insightful
Chapter 10 : Understanding


As they approached the door to the stables, Snape shoved it open forcefully, causing it to crash against the wall with a loud bang! Still screeching, Melodia was angrier than she had ever been.

"Put me down, Severus!" she demanded. Ignoring her completely, yet struggling to keep her from falling from his shoulder, he walked into an empty stall where a great mound of fresh hay had been placed on the beautifully designed tile floor in the corner. "I said, PUT ME DOWN YOU GREAT BULLYING GIT!" She screamed, fighting like a wildcat to break his hold on her.

"As you wish, my darling," he growled again as he dumped her sharply into the fresh hay on her behind. He stood looming over her, relishing her surprised expression.

"That was not funny, Shaggy!!" She stormed.

He knelt down beside her, "Sorry Love, it wasn't meant to be amusing." He countered with a smirk on his lips. He stood again, arms folded across his chest, "I thought I should save you the embarrassment of having everyone in the house witness your tantrum." He goaded.

It was Melodia's turn to scowl at her lover, "Oh Yeah? Well YOU brought on my, so called, tantrum by threatening me! So what now? Are you going to beat me with a horsewhip or what?" She tried to stand as if to punctuate her last, but her foot slipped, causing her to crash backwards into the large mound of hay behind her once more. Severus began to laugh in spite of himself. Melodia, however, was not laughing at all. Her fury was fueled the moment laughed at her. "Damn it, Severus!" she fumed throwing a handful of hay in his face.

He instantly snatched her to her feet and hissed, "You know? I believe that a good spanking with a horsewhip might be just what you need, Miss Dumbledore. After all you DID assault me twice!" he snarled, angered again at her insolence.




"You wouldn't DARE!" she exclaimed as he pulled her close.

He released his hold on her arms and turned his back on her walking to the door of the stable. Realizing how he must have sounded, he relented, "No Loddie. I would never harm you."

He appeared lost in thought for a moment, Melodia watched his back intently, as he finished. "I am not my father. You know how I hated him for what he did to me and to my mother, and I struggle everyday NOT to be like him."

Melodia was suddenly sorry, for everything, she ran to him and threw her arms around his waist from behind. "I'm so sorry, Shaggy. I was angry. I didn't mean to insinuate, or ...." Her voice trailed off as she choked back tears, "that is, I forgot for a moment how you and your mother suffered at your father's hands." She hugged him tightly and he covered her arms with his own. Tears fell from her eyes, "Darling, I am so very sorry, I can't apologize enough for hitting you. I am so ashamed, because I love you. With all my heart and soul, I love you."

He turned to face her and again scooped her into his arms, this time cradling her against him as he had the night they first made love. He carried her into the stall, placed her gently on the mound of hay, and covered her body with his own. His heavy cloak covered them almost completely.

"I know you do, Love, and I can forgive you anything." He lowered his head and whispered, "I love you too, Melodia Dumbledore" as his mouth claimed hers.

His breath quickened and she could tell he was aroused. He began kissing her face, ears, and neck, expertly unbuttoning the first few buttons of her sundress. His hands skimmed effortlessly between the fabrics until he found her bare flesh underneath.

"Oh, Shaggy...not here!" Her body was on fire again, he raised his head to make eye contact.



"Why not?" his breath was ragged at best, "Where is your sense of adventure, my love?" he asked as he kissed her passionately again.

"Someone might see us," she halfway pleaded.

He gave no sign that he heard her, but suddenly looked bemused, "Did you realize that you have nothing on under this?" he said, caressing her flesh as he spoke, then bent to kiss her soft breasts lovingly.

She laughed softly, "I didn't think you'd notice. Not today, at least," she added.

"That's what you get for not thinking, Darling" he said mischievously.

"Severus, we should go back to the house before...."

He lifted his eyes to meet hers, "Before what?" he mused. She smiled as he kissed her again, and she moaned softly as he continued to caress her soft flesh. She surprised him then by gathering locks of his hair in her hands at the top of his skull and allowing the soft locks to wind gently through her fingers to the base of his neck. He responded by sliding his hands along her sides, to her thighs, finding the place in between where he knew she would be most receptive to his touch.

She squirmed with delight as he touched her above her clothing, and breathlessly pleaded again, "Dear God, Shaggy, you can't....we shouldn't!"

Mischief glistened in his dark eyes, as he opened the remaining buttons of her dress and slipped his hand underneath. "Should I stop now?" He asked, as he searched for proof that he should not, "Your wish is my command, Love." He crooned softly against her lips. "Tell me now. What will you have me do?" She answered in the only way she could.

"I'll have you finish what you've started and make love to me, Professor," She teased then kissed him sweetly on the mouth. They did make love, and fell peacefully to sleep together in the fresh, new hay.









Severus lay sleeping beside her, and she cuddled to him nestling her head into the nape of his neck. His eyes opened when he felt her body against his. He smiled to himself and kissed the top of her head.

"Hello Love," he murmured. "Sleep well?"

She looked into his eyes, "Yes, I did. By the way, I love you."

He wrapped his arms around her, and squeezed her tight and said, "I love you too." They stayed in each other's arms for a few minutes, until she said,

"Severus? I don't want to fight with you anymore. I cherish our moments together, because I am not sure how many more of them we will have."

The impact of her words hit him hard. Chills ran along his body as he answered, "Unfortunately, that's true, Love," he agreed reluctantly. "I have no desire to argue with you again, or attempt to dodge your right hook!" He half heartedly teased her, but his heart was very heavy remembering their terrible conflict, and he regretted every second of it.

"I will never be able to forgive myself for slapping you." She said with tears in her eyes, "I was just so angry and hurt because you had hold of me. I knew that you were angry too, but I have never seen you that way before. Your eyes, they were so cold, it frightened me, and I reacted impulsively." Burying her face in his chest, she cried until his shirt was soaked.

"Oh, Loddie, forgive me," he said as he kissed the top of her head. "I was very angry indeed, but it was not my intention to harm or frighten you." He continued to hold her tightly, then with his thumb and forefinger lifted her face to his, "I swear I will never put my hands on you in anger, ever again."

Melodia hugged him soundly around his middle, and sniffed softly, "Me either, Shaggy." she promised.

"Do you think we will be alright? I mean when all of this is over, if we...end up together?"


Shocked by her question, Severus sat up straight and pulled her up to face him, "What do you mean 'if' we end up together? Are we not together now?"

His reaction elated her, but she needed further reassurance. "Of course we are, Darling, but will we be able to stand one another for very long? Evidently, we are both headstrong and high tempered, but I love you so! It terrifies me to think we would ever split up." She was trying to be honest, and he knew it, but he found this subject to be exasperating.

"Melodia, how on earth can you question my love for you? Or doubt the possibility of a happy future? We are together... and yes, we apparently draw a tie at being difficult; however, I swear to you we will never "split up" as you put it. I told you before, you belong to me now, whether you realize it or not, and I will never give you up again...never." He kissed her lips briefly. "That is, unless we manage to murder each other first." He chuckled softly cuddling her closely again.

She was so relieved that the tension between them had faded. This amazing wizard truly loved her, and she had no doubts about that now.

It was dark out now, and Melodia realized they must have nodded off again for a time. It must be very late. She thought as she buttoned her dress and reached for his pocket watch to check the time.

Pretending to sleep, Severus delighted in his lover trying not to "wake him" up as she reached for his watch chain. He suddenly snatched her hands, pulling her on top of him. She giggled and kissed his nose.

"What are you up to, little Loddie?" he asked mischievously as he unbuttoned the top of her dress and began fondling her breast again. Loving the feel of his hands, she allowed him to continue as she sank herself into his touch.

"Don't you think we should go inside now? I'm sure it's late and I'm getting cold too." He pulled her even tighter, kissing her neck and earlobes.


"Indeed?" he smirked. "Luckily for you, I know just how to correct that," he bragged playfully.

"Oh no Professor, not this time." She chided, as she sat up again and re-buttoned her dress. "You will take me into the house and put me in a warm bed if you wish to have me again." She scolded playfully. He stood and offered his hands to her and she grasped them as he pulled her to her feet.

Wrapping his cloak around her he laughed softly and kissed her forehead.
"Alright Love, hold on to me."

They appeared in his bedroom after a short spinning sensation.

"Severus, I am still rather chilly." She shivered a little and he walked her slowly to the bed rubbing her upper arms as if to warm her.

Severus turned back the covers, "Climb in, Love, I will join you in a moment." He disappeared suddenly and within seconds, and reappeared carrying two cups of hot tea.

"Oh bless you Darling," she praised as he offered her a cup. She drank deeply, warming her body with every swallow.

"Better now?" he asked in a gentle husky voice, as he finished his own tea.

"Oh, yes, thank you." He smiled at her as he placed the empty cups on the night table and slid under the covers next to her. Immediately, she snuggled against him as he wrapped his arms around her. Warm and content, she closed her eyes and smiled to herself, wishing they could stay right here, just like this, forever.


"Melodia?" his voice was tender and kind, "I feel the need to explain
something to you."

Surprised by this statement, she sat up and looked into his face, "What is it, Severus? Is anything wrong?" she asked anxiously. Her face was so childlike, and sweet, he thought to himself. There was no trace of the angry vixen he had dealt with earlier in the evening. He pulled himself upright, leaning against the pillows behind him.

Taking her hands in his, he went on, "No, Love, but I ask that you to pay close attention to me, and do not interrupt until I have finished. Agreed?" Melodia nodded, trying to think what he could possibly say that required such a preamble.


He paused as if gathering his thoughts, "Some of the things I said to you this afternoon were exceedingly out of line. Although my intentions were honorable, the manner in which I expressed myself clearly was not." She opened her mouth to reassure him, but he shook his head and continued. "My actions and comments were both condescending and insulting to you, and for that my Loddie, I sincerely apologize."

"It's ok Severus. We were both angry." She soothed, touching his face.

He caressed her hands and continued, "I am deeply in love with you Melodia, and I have never believed myself capable of feeling that way." He closed his eyes as he held her hands, as if composing himself for his next. "There was thing that I said to you, that I truly meant; however, it seemed to infuriate you, and that is why I'd like to discuss it with you now."

Her eyes widened, wondering which thing he was referring to, and she braced herself for the worst. She said nothing, but nodded again sheepishly.

"I truly believe that we were bonded together for life, the first night we spent together; not because we made love, but because you gave to me your innocence." That gift represented a very serious commitment to me and to us, and I will neither change my feelings, nor will I apologize for them."

Melodia felt her heart melt, he was definitely from the 'old school' she realized, and she understood his ranting from the previous day better.
It is the way of the wizarding world. The world she was born to, and longed to return to with this very man.

"Loddie, I am not saying that I have the right to bully you, regardless of my earlier behavior. I mean for you to understand that you are mine, to have, to protect and to love. Not to 'own' but to love and care for, for the rest of our lives."

As she watched him speak, and saw not her manly wizard lover, but the boy from Hogwarts who shared her first real kiss. Still holding his hands, she looked into his dark beautiful eyes and said, "I have wanted nothing more than to belong to you for as long as I can remember," she said as she
snuggled closely to him again, "but Severus, you have to understand one thing,"

He tilted his head to see her face, "What's that, Love?" She squeezed his stomach tightly and replied, "You belong to me too."

Severus laughed softly and admitted, "Yes I do, Love, but I am afraid that will have to remain our secret," he said in a convincing tone, then added," Otherwise my reputation for being difficult and controlling will be forever lost!"

The afternoon, that had been so horrible, ended up becoming one of the happiest evenings of their time together.
Sign up to rate and review this story