Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Original Sin

Helpless

by devilsgyrl 0 reviews

Narcissa is caught between a rock and a hard place...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Narcissa - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-10-22 - Updated: 2010-10-23 - 1490 words

-1TrainWreck
Curiosity getting the better of me, I automatically craned my neck over the back of the chair to try to see who the two figures standing in the darkest shadows of the room were. Unfortunately, no matter how much I squinted, I couldn't quite figure out who they were. By now, I just had to know who they were. Not knowing what else to do, I silently got to my feet and started creeping over to where the two figures were standing. Yes, I know I'm nosy, but I just can't help it.

Once I reached the corner of the room, I found another chair that I could hide behind. Crouching under it, I dared a glimpse at the two figure. Now I could make out who they were. The tall figure standing up pinned against the wall was Lucius. His light blonde hair shone in the moonlight and most of his face was obscured by the shadows. Nonetheless, I think I actually caught him grimacing. The second figure on her knees in front of Lucius was the beautiful golden blonde girl I had seen earlier!

My eyebrows instantly knitted together and my mouth formed a straight line as I looked at the blonde girl. I wondered what she was doing. I didn't like her much anymore after she had smirked at me earlier. It was as if she thought she was better than me or something. Well, guess what? Newflash: the Black family is one of the purest blooded families there is. I highly doubted the blonde had purer blood than me. Hmph.

"Oh come on, Lucius, please?" the girl begged in a wheedling tone. Her hand traveled up Lucius' thigh and her big, blue eyes looked up into his. As she looked up at him, she added, "I know you want to. Besides, nobody is going to find us here. I swear they won't. Please?"

My thin lips turned down into a frown as I watched the scene in front of me. I wasn't exactly sure what the blonde was asking Lucius to do, but it certainly couldn't be too good from the looks of things. I especially didn't like the way her hand was creeping up Lucius' thigh. I had a sudden impulse to go over and slap her hand away.

"Natasha, I already told you no. How many times have I told you that by now? Isn't this like the sixth time?" Lucius sighed loudly, running a hand through his blonde hair as he looked down at the girl kneeling down before him. In response to Lucius' question, the blonde, Natasha, stuck out her lip in a pout.

"Actually, now it's probably the seventh time," Lucius added as a second thought. Giving Natasha a hard look, he said, "Look, I like you and everything, but I only want to be your friend, okay? The Dark Lord comes first. I don't want relationships interferring with that. You do remember what he said, don't you?"

There was a long silence and Natasha's face grew cold and pinched. I could tell that she didn't like whatever it was that the "Dark Lord" had said. Who in the wizarding world was the "Dark Lord" though? There were obviously lots of secrets here at Hogwarts. I had so much to learn. I tried to make a metal note to ask Bella about the Dark Lord tomorrow.

When Natasha didn't reply to Lucius' last statement, he went on with a more confident voice, "He told us not to get involved with anything that would distract us from our services to him. Getting into a relationship with you would obviously be a distraction. If there was a fight with the Dark Lord, I would end up protecting you instead of him. We can't let that happen."

My brain spun around fuzzily as I thought about what Lucius was saying. It took my sleepy mind a few minutes to process what he had just said. Once I understood what was going on, I felt shocked. Natasha wanted to be Lucius' girlfriend. That was no surprise there. I mean, what girl in her right mind wouldn't want to be his girlfriend? I couldn't help but smile at Lucius' rejection. He deserved far better than this psychotic blonde. Seriously though, who was this Dark Lord? I needed to know immediately.

Suddenly, without any warning at all, the blonde stood up, wrapped her arms around Lucius' neck, and kissed him hard on the lips. Lucius jerked upwards and looked like he was going to push her away...but he didn't. Natasha was literally smothering him. She tucked into the curve of his body, dipped her tongue into his mouth, and dug her fingers into his hair.

It came to me for the first time that I was watching something that I probably shouldn't be watching. I tried to make myself move, but for some reason, my legs seemed to have become frozen. I knew I should run away now and forget all about this little encounter, but I just couldn't. Even though my mind willed my legs to move, they stayed rooted to the ground.

As Natasha deepened the kiss, Lucius gave a little moan. I could see Natasha give a wicked grin as she pinned him up against the wall. I guess she was determined to get her way with him. However, just as I was thinking all this, Lucius somehow managed to regain the control. Shaking his head as if it was caught in a hazy fog, he pushed Natasha away and gave her an ugly look.

Natasha fell back from him and looked hurt. She started to speak, but Lucius cut her off. The look he gave her was clear and piercing. I also saw disgust in the look he gave her. For once, I was glad I was not the focus of Lucius' attention. Still giving Natasha that dirty look, Lucius stated coldly, "Don't you dare try anything like that on me again. I'm not your playtoy. Find someone else to mess with." With that, Lucius' gaze suddenly jerked right over...to where I was standing.

Had he seen me? My heart seemed to jump into my throat and my pulse started racing. The last thing I wanted was for Lucius to catch me spying on him and Natasha. He would totally get the wrong impression about me if that happened. Sadly, Lucius' eyes locked straight onto mine and there wasn't a doubt in my mind that he had seen me. Oh god, what would I do now?

As Lucius stared at me, Natasha tilted her head to follow his gaze and see what he was looking at. Before I knew it, both pairs of eyes were feixed solely on me. Oh my god, what had I just gotten myself into? My cheeks blushed a fiery red and I was suddenly conscious that I was dressed only in a thin nightgown. How embarrassing!

Finally, my legs broke out of their paralysis and I was able to turn and run like hell away from the scene in the Slytherin common room. I pounded up the flight of stairs to the Slytherin girls' dormitory huffing and puffing. I wasn't use to running so this took a lot of my energy up. I had never been atheletic. Bella was a pretty good athlete, but I hadn't aquired any of her skill.

Just when the door to the dorm was in sight, a hand suddenly seized my shoulder and jerked me to a stop. I literally jumped to the ceiling in shock. I had had no idea that anyone was following me until now. Heart hammering, I peered at my captor. Not surprisingly, it was Natasha looking daggers at me. Uh oh, this certainly wasn't going to be good.

Nervously trying to defend myself, I uttered a shaky, "W-what do you w-want?" Natasha glared at me and shoved me hard against the wall. I felt like Lucius; pinned against a hard barrier and a high-strung girl who was determined to get her will. Natasha thrust her face in front of me and snarled, "What do you think I want?"

Not exactly sure what it was that she wanted, I just stared at her blankly. Rolling her eyes, Natasha said, "I'll tell you what I want, bitch. I want you to leave Lucius and me alone. He would've been all mine if you hadn't interrupted us down there. For that, you're gonna pay." With that, Natasha slipped her hand around my throat and started to squeeze.

My air supply was immediately cut off and I looked at Natasha in shock. Was she actually going to strangle me? From the strange, fanatical look in her eyes, she really was going to. Oh god...why oh why had I had to go spy on Lucius? Now I was going to die because of it unless someone came to rescue me...
Sign up to rate and review this story