Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > X-Men Evolution: Sisters

Chap. 26: Fear

by ToruCMea 0 reviews

Mayumi's P.O.V

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: G - Genres: Horror - Characters: Nightcrawler - Published: 2010-10-25 - Updated: 2010-10-25 - 1099 words

0Unrated
My heart pounded as I stayed in my frozen state, my hands on the floor as I stared down at it in fear. I could feel everything getting colder, my breath getting shorter, and my body shaking. I looked at my hands to see them quivering in fear. Who ever this girl is, she isn't good news.

"Mayumi?" I gasped as I looked up to see Kurt giving me a strange look. "Vhat are you zoing down zair?" He asked as I just stared up at him, my body unable to move.

"I-I..." Every time I tried to speak nothing would come out of my lips. "The girl.. She..." Kurt's eyes widened.

"Vhat did she zoo to you?" He asked, my expression staying the same, scared.

"Nothing... She just walked by me and I... I don't know what happened... I just..." I could feel Kurts eyes staring down at me as I just shook my head.

'Why am I so afraid of her? Who is she? What is she?' I listened to my breathing and noticed they stammered.

"Come on, I'll valk you to your next class." He said as he helped me up, the two of us going to Spanish. The whole class I stayed silent, thinking of that girl. I imagined her cold blue eyes, her jet black hair, and her pale skin. This girl made my skin crawl, she was beautiful, and by the feeling of it, powerful. Who ever she is, I cant let my guard down. Next time, be prepared...

After the bell rang I waited outside of the class room, waiting for Kurt to come bye and pick me up so we could make our way to lunch, and soon I saw him turn the corner with his bag over his shoulder.

"Hey Kurt!" I said happily, pretending that I already forgot about the girl, when the truth was, she was all I could think about.

"Hey Mayumi, vready for lunch?" He asked as I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm starving!" I said as I grabbed his arm as I let him walk me down the hall.

We made our way to lunch, talking about our date latter and which movie we'll see. We both decided on some super mega scary movie that was expose to make any body who saw it lose there sanity. I looked up at Kurt who was at least an inch or two taller than me. Every time I was with him or even near him, he would take all my fears away, he even took my mind off the things I hated and what was bugging me, even that girl. I forgot all about her as we finally reached the cafeteria, but when we walked through the doors, we froze. Nobody was in there, but the place was still a wreck. The tables where broke in half and the chairs where knocked over, and the water fountain was spraying water every where.

"Kurt... What happened here?" I asked as I turned around to face Kurt, but not the Kurt I knew... He was dead, a zombie...

I screamed as I took a couple of steps back, when suddenly I jumped when a hand landed on my shoulder. I turned around to face Scott's dead decaying face. I screamed bloody murder as I turned around to run, but I was surrounded. The whole school was turned into these things, monsters, zombies, what ever they where, I was now alone. I breathed quickly as I looked around, everything spinning.

"No... This cant be happening...!" I said aloud as they all closed in on me. I fell to my knees, my hands on my head as I tried to zone out the scratching and moaning.

"STOP!" I screamed, when suddenly, silence.

I looked up with tears streaming down my cheeks to see my Kurt staring at me, the normal Kurt. I looked around to see the whole cafeteria staring at me, even the teachers, all of them just giving me a freaked out look.

"Mayumi, are you okay?" Kurt asked, but I just ignored his question. I looked into the crowed to see that girl smiling at me. For a while we stared at each other, when finaly she just turned around and walked away, making her way out the door. I stood up as he put his hands on my arms, my whole body flinching. (Fades into Black.)

I sat in Scotts car, this time Jean and Kitty with us, along with Leppy and Kurt. "So... Vhat happened earlier?" Everybody stayed silent, curious to know what took me over.

"Nothing... I just, I don't know." I looked away from Kurt as Scott looked at me through the mirror. Everybody was so worried, even I was worried. "But don't worry about me, I'm fine..." I lied, and it was obvious too.

The whole ride was silent, not a word to be spoken, not even from Kitty or Leppy, who loves to talk. I felt strange, I hated those awkward silences that only made me feel worse. Finally we made it to the mansion, everybody walking ahead of me. I watched them all walk in as I closed my eyes, looking down at my feet.

"Mayumi..." I looked up to see Kurt.

"Yeah?" I asked as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Vell... You had a vreally bad day, so I was still wondering if you vere up for ze movie still..." I smiled.

"Of course, but... I'm sorry for earlier, I just freaked out. What I saw was just so scary I-" Kurt raised as eye brow at her.

"Saw? Mayumi, vhat did you see?" He asked as he stped forward, thats when I realised I almost told him.

"I Saw... A Bug!" I spat quickly.

"Mayumi, you can tell me anything ting. Ve trust eachozer, don't ve?" I looked him in his eyes, a sigh escaping my lips. I stayed silent as he just stared at me.

"We better go inside, the others might start wondering where we are." I said as I made my way up the stairs. He fallowed me, knowing that he shouldn't bring it up again, that's when I entered the mansion, and I saw my fear...

"X-Men, this is Octavia, and she will be joining us here at the institute." I looked over to the Japanese girl, apparently named Octavia.

Once again everything around me went cold, and now she was here, in my home. Starting now I knew that my life was over, that this was the end of my happiness…
Sign up to rate and review this story