Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Stay Alive Tonight

Unrepsonsive

by ValentineRevenge 1 review

Ryan is unresponsive to everything.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-11-06 - Updated: 2010-11-06 - 1000 words

1Moving
Please listen to 'Sick Hearts' by The Used for the full effect :)

Ryan shook his head, starting to sob helplessly. There was no way three of his best friends would consider doing this to him. It was just illogical. As careful as he had been, he just hadn't been careful enough. He cursed himself for it mentally. He had never done anything in his life right. This was just one more thing that he had messed up at.

Those depressing thoughts ran through his head a mile a minute. Not for the first time, he considered suicide. He was already planning it, when he heard Jon's voice, bringing him out of it, saying, "Ryan, if you're thinking of suicide right now, you better stop it." Ryan looked up with a look of shock. He didn't think Jon would be that clarivoyant. But it appeared he was.

"Were you?" Spencer asked, worriedly. Ryan nodded slowly, tears starting to pour from his eyes. Jeffree hopped up, and grabbed a box of tissues, returning to wipe away all the tears and the eye make-up that had started sliding down his face in a cascade of black and mixed colors. Ryan let him, breathing quickly and shallowly, like a small frightened animal.

When Brendon gently rested his hand on Ryan's shoulder, the latter let out a loud squeak, nearly jumping off the bean bag he was seated on. "It's okay Ryan. How about we go downstairs and get some coffee for everyone?" Brendon said, trying to keep Ryan from jumping out of his skin. Ryan nodded once. Brendon responded by grabbing a blanket off the bed. It was small, and slightly thin, but it was one that made sure it kept the user very warm. In this, he wrapped up Ryan. Ryan didn't protest, or even move. Brendon had to move him.

In all honesty, it scared Brendon, to have his best friend this unresponsive. It was like wrapping a blanket around a piece of meat. A piece of cold, breathing meat. It was a scary thing indeed. For all Brendon knew, this could be some robot who had taken the place of his beloved Ryan. There was nothing that told him that Ryan hadn't suffered some serious mental breakdown. Nothing to tell Brendon that Ryan wasn't brain-dead. Nothing to tell him that Ryan was ok, that he was sane. Nothing to say that Ryan was aware of his surroundings. Brendon picked up the unresponsive Ryan bridal style, and carried him downstairs.

Ryan had a dead-pan stare, straight ahead, not looking to the right or the left. He barely blinked at all. His eyes seemed unfocused. They had the look of a cheap, run-down, uncared for hotel room for rent. Getting downstairs and into the kitchen, Brendon gently rested Ryan down on the counter, away from the block of wood holding the kitchen knives. Ryan didn't seem to notice, nor did he seem to care that he was sitting down on the counter.

Brendon thought for a moment, picking up the block of wood which held the majority of Spencer's kitchen knives, and moved it even further from Ryan, placing them in the cabinet over the fridge. For him to reach this, he had to climb up onto the counter. He glanced over at Ryan. He didn't seem to notice, or even to care. A single tear made its slow path down from the corner of his left eye, and down his cheek. Brendon grabbed up a paper towel, and wiped it away. Ryan didn't even blink, despite the fact that the paper towl came very close to his eye.

Brendon sighed, and tossed the soiled paper towel away. He walked back over to where Ryan was, and gently grasped his chin, lifting his head so they were eye-to-eye. Ryan didn't seem to register that he was staring his best friend straight in the eye, nor did he seem to care. He blinked once. He didn't even flinch away from the hand holding onto his chin.

"Ryan? Talk to me. Please." Brendon whispered. Ryan said nothing, blinking once, slowly. Brendon let go of his chin, only to pull him into a tight hug, dropping his head onto his shoulder. Ryan didn't wrap his arms around Brendon. He just sat there on the kitchen counter, with Brendon's head on his shoulder, feeling nothing it seemed, He was too far inside his head to be reached. Brendon whispered into Ryan's ear, "Please Ryan, tell me what's wrong. I won't let them put you in a crazy ward or anything. I promise. Now please just talk to me. Twitch. Do something. You're scaring me by being this way."

Ryan still just sat there, not moving, barely breathing and blinking. There was no movement from him that gave any indication that he had heard a single thing that Brendon had whispered to him, or that Brendon was currently standing with his head on his shoulder, holding Ryan close, like he was the last link keeping Brendon on this earth.

Brendon let go, turning and putting the coffee in the coffee maker, with water, and waiting for the coffee. It finally finished, Brendon putting the whole coffee pot onto a tray, adding the creamer he found in the pantry, and the sugar bowl with a spoon. Going into the cabinet, he grabbed out 5 coffee cups, adding them to the tray. He glanced at Ryan.

Ryan was still sitting in the same position as earlier, not moving a single bit. He looked and acted more like a sculpture than a living, breathing boy. "Ry?" There was no response. Brendon picked him up, carrying him back upstairs. "He hasn't reacted to anything at all." Brendon said sadly, putting him down on the bean bag chair in the middle of the circle. He went back downstairs to get the tray, which he brought back up.

Finally, I updated this thing! R&R for another chapter. I have finally gotten my creativity back.
Sign up to rate and review this story