Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cherry Blossom

Hello?

by Moribund 3 reviews

Julietta educates Frank on the workings of the spirit world. (Bit of a filler, I'm afraid)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-11-24 - Updated: 2010-11-24 - 940 words - Complete

2Exciting
Lessons; something I had hoped I would be avoiding in my injured state. Sure, Mikey still dropped of essential notes and some homework, but actually being forced to into a lesson was not something the good doctor ordered. So naturally, Julietta decided that to avoid me getting myself almost killed in the future she was going to educate me on the way the spiritual world worked.

So there I sat propped up on several pillows, trying to follow what Julietta was explaining tome from the chair by my desk. Her expression could only be described as that of a college professor who had repeated the same lecture a hundred times before, and thus now bored of the subject. Unfortunately, I could only feel the same way, I had lost track of what she was saying when some Latin mumbo jumbo entered the equation.

*

“...so that is why the mediators have to do the dirty work, despite some being capable of much more and the mortis custodis could do the job easily.” Julietta’s lecture came to a close. “Anything you don’t understand?”

“Umm... the thingy about the dead thing?” replied Frank hesitantly.

Julietta looked as though she wanted to do something very nasty and painful to Frank, probabley involving a corkscrew.

“Were you listening at all?” she sighed.

“Yeah,” Frank subtly searched for a weapon to defend himself with. “I just don’t understand it.” grasping a particularly overstuffed teddy bear, Frank prepared himself for the dead woman’s wrath.

Julietta directed a bored look at Frank, using her hand to prop up her head on the arm of the chair.

“Would it help if I drew a diagram?” she asked, glancing over the desk behind her for a pen and paper.

“Uh, sure.” frank replied, simply relieved that he would not die that day.
A small smile graced Julietta’s lips as she scrawled something on the note paper she had found. Handing it over to Frank, she started to explain again.

“This represents the power levels of different types of spirits you might encounter. The higher on the page, the more powerful it is.”

Looking over the diagram, Frank could see what she meant; five horizontal lines were etched across the page, each labelled. The top line, Vita Rex, was several lines above the second, fidele animus. The bottom three lines were space equally apart, about an inch below fidele animus. They were labelled ‘sanguis servus’, ‘humans-ghosts’ and at the bottom, ‘humans-living’. There was also a circle reaching from sanguis servus to Vita Rex, scrawled in the middle of it were the words ‘mortis custodis’. Prodding at the circle Frank turned his confused gaze towards his tutor.

“What’s this?”

“They are mediators, mediums and psychics who have died. Effectively the police of the land of the dead, they monitor and keep a log of anyone who has any ability to sense spirits, including you, and spirits themselves so to prevent them interfering with the living. That is where I’m from; you must be trained correctly by someone with experience, i.e. me.”

“And the Latin names?”

“Purely for the records, even in the spirit plain you have to be politically correct. To refer to them as something you’re more familiar with; the sanguis servus are lost souls, fidele animus would effectively be fairies and pixies, and Vi-”

“Fairies?! I’m fighting fucking fairies?” cried Frank, aghast.

“Frank,” Julietta sighed, “it’s just a rough equivalent, it doesn’t make you any less of a man. Especially as they could take your head off quite easily.”

Once Frank had settled down she continued.

“The Vita Rex are extremely powerful, and thus are effectively the ruling powers of the land of the dead, and are commonly known to the living as two separate creatures, either as Angels or Demons. They can vaporize you without even acknowledging you’re there.”

Crossing his arms, Frank sucked on the inside of his cheek in contemplation, narrowing his eyes in Julietta’s direction. The prospect of possibly ending up dead made him slightly queasy. Also he didn’t like the sound of this mortis custodis keeping tabs on him; he felt watched and violated. Suddenly, a thought occurred to him.

“What about the mediums you talked about? Surely they could help me out with all this ghost busting work, right?” he asked hopefully.

Julietta was quick to bring him down, “Mediums cannot see spirits, they can only sense them and communicate with them through an Ouija board. Only very few can exorcise a ghost; lost souls are too powerful for them.”

Frank huffed; nothing seemed to turn out good. Well except for Gee, he thought with a smile, his precious Gee.

*

Checking that his bedroom door was locked, Mikey laid out a board in front of him, quickly scrawling letters and words around the edge. He capped the marker and grabbed the crystal glass that was sitting next to him, turning it upside down onto the board. Slowly, he placed a shaking hand on top of the glass.

“Are there any spirits present who would like to communicate with me tonight?” he asked shakily.

The glass remained still.

“Um, I declare this board open?” he hesitantly said.

All of a sudden the glass began to move towards the word ‘hello’ on the board. Mikey’s pulse and breathing quickened, fuelled by fear and excitement.

“Do I know you?” he asked.

The glass crawled over to ‘yes’ then moved back to the middle of the board. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, Mikey dared to ask the next question.

“Gerard?”
Sign up to rate and review this story