Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > "I Could Wait For You For...Forever"

“Yeah, I guess you could say that.”

by ilo9vemcrgmfrb 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-12-04 - Updated: 2010-12-05 - 860 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Three Weeks Later

“So, your music is two completely different ends of the spectrum. What made you guys decide to tour together?” The interviewer asked. Bennie and all the My Chem guys sat on the couch on Bennie’s bus. Everybody but Gerard and Bennie shrugged.
“We were getting ready to leave for tour, and our manager announced that we were picking up our opening act, which we actually didn’t have before she ended up touring with us.” Mikey replied. Bennie laughed.
“I was actually arrested the night before we left on tour for being in the car with a friend who was driving under the influence. I called my manager to bail me out, and he booked me to come on tour with The Guys because he knew about Gerard’s struggles with addiction, and he thought that if I came on tour with them it could kind of be like sober living 101, I guess. Whatever his method was, it’s working. I haven’t had a drink since maybe the third or fourth day.” Bennie added. The interviewer chuckled.
“So, the romance was just a bonus then?” He asked pointing to Gerard’s hand which was resting on Bennie’s knee. Gerard and Bennie looked at each other and laughed for a second.
“Yeah, I guess you could say that.” Gerard replied. Bennie grinned and rested her hand on top of Gerard’s.

Later That Night

“Gerard, this dinner is… way too extravagant.” Bennie whispered as they sat in the middle of a Fancy restaurant.
Bennie had laughed when a black dress and shoes had showed up at her hotel room with a note saying that Gerard would pick her up at 6 for dinner and she should wear them. She’d been charmed when she opened her hotel room door and Gerard was standing at her door in a suit holding a rose. And she was completely perplexed when they had gotten to the front of the hotel and there was a limo waiting for them. And although it was completely out of the ordinary, the night had been far more than enjoyable.
“Your birthday is coming up next week. I wanted to do something special.” Gerard replied. Bennie chuckled.
“Don’t remind me.” She said through her laughter.
“Why not? Thirty isn’t old.”
“It’s not old, but I’d expected a lot more of myself before I turned thirty. I was expecting I’d at least be married- and that was a goal I’d set before I was famous. I was expecting to be more main stream. I was expecting to have released a third album by now instead of touring on a four year old album and playing covers. I was-”
“Bennie! Stop complaining! We’re not here to wallow in misery!”
“Okay, sorry. It’s easy for me to list what I think is wrong with myself. Anyways, don’t let my sour attitude keep you from doing something nice for me.” Bennie replied with a laugh. Gerard rolled his eyes. He reached across the table and took Bennie’s hands into his.
“I’m sure your list of things you wish you’d done is much, much longer than where I stopped you, but I want-” Gerard began.
“Your drinks sir.” The waiter said. Gerard cleared his throat and sat up. Bennie smiled apologetically, and Gerard flashed her a grin. The waiter put their drinks down and stepped back. “Your salads will be out in a moment sir. Is there anything else I can get for you?” Gerard shook his head no, and the waiter walked away. Gerard shoved his hands into his pockets, suddenly looking unsure. They could hear a table get louder, then be shushed. Bennie scanned the restaurant, and saw Ray, Frankie, Ember, Delilah, Mikey, Brian and Kevin all sitting around a table trying to hide their faces from her. Bennie waved quickly, and Frank waved back, receiving a swift slap to the back of his head from Brian. Bennie laughed and turned her attention back to Gerard, who had begun to look worried.
“Are you okay?” Bennie asked. Gerard blinked a few times and nodded.
“Yeah, I’m fine.”
“You seem a little… spaced out.”
“I’m just thinking.”
“About?”
“Nothing… Nothing really. Freddie I guess.”
“Well, what about Freddie?”
“She adores you.” Gerard said, a smile tugging at his lips. Bennie smiled back.
“I think she’s adorable.”
“Yeah, I think she’d like it if you stuck around for a while.” Gerard said as he pulled a black box out o fhis pocket. Bennie’s heart started to race.
“Y-yeah? You think so?” Bennie stuttered. Gerard nodded.
“I’m pretty sure.” He whispered as he reached across the table and opened the ring box. Frankie jumped up and Ember pulled him back into his seat.
“You… You seem really sure.”
“I am. Bennie-” Gerard began.
“I’m sorry.” Bennie whispered as she got up and ran to the back of the restaurant toward the bathroom. Gerard snapped the ring box shut and slouched in his chair as he shoved it back into his pocket.
Sign up to rate and review this story