Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Tales of a Killjoy

Look Alive Sunshine

by Anthrax_Angel 1 review

Looks like Angels like Kobras

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-12-05 - Updated: 2010-12-06 - 903 words

1Moving
We pull into the Garage the Girl is practically asleep on her feet I lead her inside and put her to sleep in the back of the Impala, it’s the only comfortable place I have to offer. She falls asleep right away and I drape my jacket over her it gets cold at night and I had work to do, I turn on the radio channel 3 hoping in vain to hear something while I crawl back under the Impala. After working all night I sit in drivers side and say a little prayer that it will run or the girl and I were going to be screwed, I turn the key and the Impala purrs to life, I let out the breath I was holding “hey it works” the girl says popping up from the backseat “that it does” I say smiling.

“you hungry” I ask climbing out of the car and pulling the seat forward so see can get out “yup starving” she says handing back my jacket “well lets see if I have anything edible shall we” I say draping my arm around her shoulders and steering her inside. “bathrooms through there” I direct her through the living room, she runs off her wild hair bouncing with her, I wish she didn’t have to live like this constantly running, I know the Gang tried to give her a normal life but there is nothing normal about have four dads. I roll my eyes at the thought and start roaming through the kitchen for something half descent to eat I find a box of power bars and a couple energy drinks not a healthy breakfast but it was food.

The Girl comes back from the bathroom with a piece of paper in her hand, “what’s that” I ask walking over to her, then I realize it was the photo I had stuck in the mirror damn my ass for not remembering it was there. “Is that me” she asked looking up at me, “yup a little Killjoy in the making” I say looking at the picture, it feels like it was taken a million years ago. We’re in front of the diner the six of us Poisons holding the Girl in the middle Jet, and Ghoul and one side me and Kobra on the other Kobra’s arm around my waist. “That was the day we got you, you’re about two” I say as I set her up with a power bar on the counter, “you were adorable it was the same day that Dr. D made his first broadcast” I say while she eats. “What did he say” she asks her eyes alight “you want it word for word” I ask taking a bite of my own power bar, she nods her mouth full.

“Look alive sunshine, one-oh-nine in the sky but the pigs won’t quit you’re here with me Dr. Death Defying. I’ll be your surgeon, your proctor, your helicopter, delivering the slaughtermatic sound to keep you alive. A system failure for the mass, antimatter for the master plan. Louder then god’s revolver and twice as shiny. This one’s for all you rock and rollers all you crash-queens and motor babies, the future is bullet proof the after math is secondary its time to do now and do it loud. Killjoys make some noise” I quote the original running through my head it was seven years ago but Killjoys every where remember it like it was yesterday.

“wow cool” she says a huge smile plastered on her face “it was, it was a call to arms and a reminder that none of us was alone there were others out there fighting the good fight” I tell her. She hops off the counter “what now” she asks “do we have to leave” I want desperately to tell her no “I have another place I like to go we’re gonna head over there but we gotta stock up first cause I got nadda.” She nods a sad look on her face, it breaks my heart to see her like that she deserves a stable home, hell a place to call home. “Don’t worry” I say lifting her chin “we’ll come back here one day” she smiles and I hand her the picture “I want you to have this, whenever you miss them you can look at it and know their up there somewhere looking after us.” She throws her arms around my neck “thank you, thank you, thank you” she said a thousand volt smile on her face.

“Alright I gotta clean up why don’t you see if there isn’t anything else hiding in the cupboards” I say heading to the bathroom, she nods and goes to works. I shut the bathroom door halfway and look in the mirror there’s another picture to high for the Girl to reach it’s probably one of the last pictures taken. Its me and Kobra his arms around my waist, my arms around his neck, looking at each other like two kids in love, like nothing will ever tear us apart. I take the picture down and put it in my pocket. I wash up then head back into the kitchen “look what I found” the Girl says holding up a scrapbook “what is it?” “Everything I’ve lost.”
Sign up to rate and review this story