Categories > Original > Horror > Survival of Zombie Land

Chapter 2: Darkness

by ToruCMea 3 reviews

Faith is in the dark.

Category: Horror - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-12-11 - Updated: 2010-12-12 - 639 words

0Unrated
I woke up in pure darkness as the cold surrounding me. I let my headache fade away and still there was a stinging pain in the back of my neck. I rubbed it and felt a small bump that hut like crazy when I touched it. I listened carefully as I heard a loud conversation from outside the door, but not loud enough to wake me up if I where asleep.

"Come on guys, she's completely harmless. She's the only human we've seen in years. We can't just let her die." A female's voice pleaded her voice soft and angelic.

"No way. She could be affected with that disease." A male voice stated.

"He's right. We shouldn't take any chances." Said, yet another male voice as I began to get mad.

"If she is infected, I say we kill her." Another male voice said as my eyes widened.

'Kill me?' I thought, now feeling protective for my life. I stood up against the wall for support, getting off the bed and feeling around for a light or a switch.

"Yeah. Why should we trust her? We don't even know who she is. Lets just leave her alone, she sempt fine before we came along."

I frowned at the un known voice that said that, and man, they where really making me mad. Finally, I found a light switch and flipped it on, yet nothing. I tried again and again but no light was to came my way.

'Crap...' I thought, getting even madder and the stupid darkness.

"Fine, how about this." The girl Began. "I check her for any disease she might have and if she's clear, we let her hang with us." The female suggested as I just rolled my eyes.

"And if she is infected, then what?" One of the boys asked I stopped to here the answer.

"Well..." She thought. "IF she is infected, then we lock her up until she turns into a monster, or.. Zombie, and kill her when she does." The girl replied, my heart skipping a beat.

I kept walking as I felt for another light to use as I tripped and hit my head. I quickly sat up and grabbed what ever I fell on, praying that it was something useful. I felt it and found a switch on the side, a large light now covering the room. 'Finally, a flash light.' I thought as I shown it around the room, pointing it toward a corner near the bed. I looked closely just to see the preacher that I had to kill. His arm was ripped out of his socket with blood gushing out and staining the red carpet, his mouth hung open with a large butcher knife stabbed through his throat and inside his skull, keeping him pinned to the wall.

'Man... I really did a number on him...' I thought as I walked up to him and got on one knee, feeling his pockets for a weapon that wasn't already covered in blood, but found nothing except a small bible in his roab. Soon, I heard the door knob moving, my eyes widening as my heart froze.

"Hold on, she's probably still asleep. She'll come out on her own free will." The girl spoke up as I let a sigh of relief escape my lips.

"Fine, but if she's not up in an hour I'll..." The girl interrupted.

"Or you'll what? Run away screaming before she could hurt you." I smiled, now likeing the girl a little more, but still felt a shred of hate for her.

"Your really annoying, you know that?" He said as the rest of the group laughed, the girl just smiling, as if proud.

"Yeah, I know." She said happily and walked away, the rest of them fallowing behind her.
Sign up to rate and review this story