Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Dimensions

Mystic

by Will2672 0 reviews

Hatake Kakashi, the Copy Ninja encounters a strange man. With no Chakra to read, how will the Jonin know if his opponent is felled?!

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-12-20 - Updated: 2010-12-21 - 1197 words

0Unrated
“Right,” muttered yet another man to himself, through the small piece of material that ran from the bottom of his face up the bridge of his nose. Peering through his right eye (which was the only part of his face that seemed to be visible) he scanned the area.
As the breeze blew past him, his silver hair seemed to sway.
“My best bet is to see if there’s anyone else out there…”
Raising his hand to his face, he bit down on the tip of his thumb until blood was drawn, before slamming his palm against the ground and shouting: “Kuchiyose no jutsu!!”
A small puff of some erupted from the area beneath his hand, just as he withdrew his arm. Situated where his hand had previously been, was a small dog.
“Okay Pakkun!” he muttered. “I need your nose. Go scout the area, and tell me if there’s anyone out there!”
“Okay Kakashi,” the dog muttered, darting off into the undergrowth.
Still sitting, crouched, on the floor, Kakashi Hatake closed his eye and listened intently. He knew that someone was out there. And they were moving closer.

*

Striding through the middle of the forest, arms swinging by his sides, was a man in a top hat. The kind that a ringmaster at a circus would wear. Plastered across the front of his face was a large black moustache. The short cape that he wore, draped across his shoulders, billowed softly in the breeze.
He was thoroughly pleased with himself. As was always the case, the despair of others fuelled him. He had aided in creating this situation and was feeling excessively glad that he had. After all, his hunt for the rings of the dead was going no-where and in order to broaden ones horizon, one must constantly search for greater stimulation. And this…this was the greatest stimulation there was. He couldn’t wait to encounter the warriors of other worlds. The excitement brewing inside of him was overwhelming!
Then he noticed something… something out of the corner of his eye. It resembled a small pug dog.

*

“Someone’s here!” Kakashi thought to himself, allowing his eye to snap open. It was then that it happened. Something flew through the air alongside him, and pinned itself to a tree. It was Pakkun. “PAKKUN!!” he cried out, shocked at the sudden slaughter of his dog.
“Korosho!!” boomed the deep accented voice through the trees.
Whirling his head towards the source of the voice, Kakashi’s eye fell on the culprit. He was tall and slender, and his attire of a black suit and top hat accentuated this. A large moustache was sprouting from the area just beneath his nose.
“Who are you?” Kakashi questioned, raising his eyebrow. “How did you manage to sneak up on me without me sensing your Chakra!?”
“Chakra?!” the man repeated, slightly amused. “I have no notion of what this ‘Chakra’ you speak of is. But in response to my name, I am Baragne Binoix Bartoreuil Balmunk. You may call me Balmunk the Mystic.” He entered into a low bow as he said this, prompting his top hat to slip slightly. Raising his head, he began to smirk as he said: “A-Zero level criminal! And you are!?”
“Hatake Kakashi!” he responded. “Jonin of Konoha!”
“Korosho!” Balmunk repeated. “And the rank of Jonin is obviously a high one, no?”
“You could say that,” Kakashi said, suddenly making several rapid movements with his hands.
“What are you-?” Balmunk began, before his speech was eclipsed by the sound of Kakashi shouting: “Fireball Jutsu!!”
As Balmunk was enveloped in the roaring torrents of orange flame, the surrounding trees spontaneously caught light until the entirety of the immediate landscape was bathed in a deep orange glow.
“A-Zero level criminal…?” Kakashi muttered to himself. “I don’t think so…!”
“Korosho!” the voice echoed again. This time from behind him. “I was not expecting such an attack! Your magic seems to rival my own!”
Whipping his head around, Kakashi’s eye widened in shock as his gaze fell upon the figure of Balmunk. He was completely unharmed. What was going on!?
“Tell me!” Balmunk laughed. “How is it you perform such an amazing display of fire, with no visible forms of ignition!? You have put my friend Pownder to shame!”
“Well, if you don’t already know, then I’m not going to waste time explaining!” Kakashi said, suddenly raising his hand and pulling the lopsided headband away from his left eye.
Balmunk’s eyes opened wide in shock. Kakashi’s revealed eye was absolutely mesmerising! The iris, which was a brilliant shade of red, supported four separate pupils that seemed to swim in a circular motion around it’s centre.
Again, Kakashi’s hands blurred as he formed several rapid signs with them. Suddenly sprinting forwards, the palm of his hand burst into brilliant blue volts of sparkling electricity. The speed at which he moved was iconceivable.
“What foolishness is this?” Balmunk questioned.
“LIGHTNING BLADE!!!”

*

“What sorcery is this?” echoed the low, almost demonic voice of the man with the long blonde hair.
“More than likely, a mage,” he answered himself, yet in a different voice.
“Silence, Ernan!” the low voice echoed in reply. “I never asked for your input! And, if it were a mage, I would know! I am the greatest mage in existence! Whatever caused that forest fire was no mage!!”
“Then what do you propose we do!?” escaped the other voice from his lips.
“Investigate!” he replied to himself. “An explanation to that could be the Archon of Fire! If we play out cards right, you and I may end up possessing Brumheart!” “But, if it is Brumheart, then that means that-”
“The son of Manath is here!”
“But, if so-”
“The fly will be swatted easily!” the demonic voice echoed. “No being alive could slaughter the might of I, Cyripus!!”

*

Peering through his Sharingan, Kakashi’s vision flowed across the body of Balmunk. From the elbow down, his arm had disappeared into the Mystic’s chest, right where his heart was. All around his arm, burnt flesh and scorched material crackled with numerous volts of electricity. Clasped in his hand, which was currently sprouting from the Russian’s back, like some kind of perverse flower, was a still beating heart.
Breathing heavily through the material of his half mask, Kakashi attempted to pry his arm from the throbbing mass of seared flesh.
“KOROSHO!!!” Balkmunk roared, immediately springing back to life. “I was not expecting that!”
“What the-!!” gasped the ninja, jumping back and allowing his arm to be released. “How did you-!?”
“An illusion, my friend!” Balmunk laughed, as the hole in his chest closed up. “The most simple trick in the circus! Allow the observer to see what is not actually seen!”
“You mean a Genjutsu!?” Kakashi stammered. “No way! My Sharingan is activated. I should be able to see through all Genjustus! And there was no change in your Chakra!!”
“Chakra, Sharingan, Genjutsu!!” Balmunk mused. “These expressions fascinate me!! You are a very impressive man, Hatake Kakashi! It is a shame that I will have to kill you!”
Sign up to rate and review this story