Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Forgotten

Forgotten

by AddixxSin 2 reviews

A car accident leaves Gerard clueless about the past 5 years of his life. And his new bride.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-12-15 - Updated: 2010-12-15 - 871 words

1Ambiance
Addies Pov.

I sat next to my husband’s bed, Holding his hand and slowly stroking my thumb across his calloused hands. Gerard and I were in a car accident the week before. We were running errands when a van t boned our small borrowed New Yorker. Gerard had reached across me and took most of the impact. Leaving me with a broken arm and bruises, but leaving him in a doctor induced coma to help him heal his internal bruising.

We had been staying with my parents in Michigan while Gerard’s band, My Chemical Romance, was on break from touring. Now we were in Beaumont hospital waiting for the rest of the band to get here. They were waiting for a flight to come into Michigan yet the weather was so bad that flights were being cancelled and I forbid any of them to try to drive here from New Jersey and Chicago. My younger sister Jay had stayed with me in the hospital while our mother was at work and our dad was traveling. She had returned with two cups of coffee, both for me, to help me calm my nerves.

“He will wake up when he is ready.” She said looking at his bruised and swollen face. I brushed away his long black locks away from his face and retook his hand. It was insanity that I couldn’t talk to him or hold him like I should be able to. But I would do anything for him to get better.

“I know, I know. I just miss him.” I said and laid my head down next to our hands. This is how the days went for me. Wake up, Go see Gerard, Jay forces me to eat, Go see Gerard again, Call everybody and give them an update, Stay with Gerard till I have to leave, Get more food, Work, Sleep.

“Mrs. Way, you have 20 minutes till visiting hours are over.” Rhonda, the night nurse said from the doorway.

“Thanks Rhonda.” I waved with my good arm and went back to focusing on Gee. The doctor said it was important for them to hear familiar voices and to be reminded of what’s going on. Coma patients could sometimes still hear and feel and this improved their chances of recovery.

I felt something stir underneath my hand. I wasn’t surprised because Gees hands have twitched before, it was normal, so I paid it no mind. But when I heard him groan is when I sat straight in my chair. His face scrunched with the harshness of the hospital lights and he lifted an Iv-ed hand to rub the sleep away.

“Rhonda!” I shouted as I hugged Gee. I pressed the nurse’s button on the remote of the bed and hugged my husband. “Oh my gosh, thank god you’re alright.” I said kissing his lips. I pulled my face away to see his open but confused eyes. Rhonda rushed in at that pointed and had brought Gerard’s doctor with her. Doctor Faber immediately started asking him a bunch of questions. Giving him tests to check his motor skills, which all seemed to be in order. But when it came to the memory test. He started to fail.

“Who is Mikey?” Dr.Faber asked. To which Gerard answered his younger brother. He knew that Mikey had a wife named Alicia and that they had a cat named bunny. But he was unaware of his nephew Sam. This repeated with Frank, to which Gerard forgot about his marriage to Jamia and the birth of his twin girls, and that Ray had gotten married to a lovely woman named Christine. He forgot that Bob had left the band due to extreme difficulty with his wrists and that they had even hired him in the first place. When the doctor asked Gerard who I was….He blanked.

“I’m not sure. But I know you are someone important.” He said and I just looked at him with a face filled with grief and awe. He had forgotten when we had met 4 years ago. He had forgotten when we had gotten married the year after. He had forgotten our honeymoon. He had forgotten our dogs and our home in New Jersey near His parents and his brother.

“It seems that he has had short term memory loss. Anything within the past….6 years he cannot remember. Otherwise he seems extremely healthy for someone who went through what he did.”Dr. Faber explained.

“Is there any chance he can get his memory back?” I asked and he nodded.

“It’s a good chance he will regain full memory but it will take some time. I’m not talking weeks; I’m talking months in the least.”He said. He told me they needed to keep Gerard overnight for observation and that I should go home and get rest. Jay who had been standing quietly in the corner this whole time had helped me up and away from Gerard. His curious expression followed me from where I sat to the door and he waved as I left. I heard him say as I was leaving “She seems nice.”

r and r?
Sign up to rate and review this story