Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Forgotten

Step One

by AddixxSin 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-12-22 - Updated: 2010-12-22 - 998 words

1Moving
Addies POV -3 days later-

“You really need to get up and see him.”Jay said as I hid my head in the blankets on my bed. “This is not about you.” She said, grabbing the blankets and pulling them away.

“I’m not saying it’s about me. I’m sorry that I’m a little sad that my husband can’t remember anything about our marriage; and shut those damn blinds. It’s too bright out.” I groaned as I shoved my face into a pillow.

“You’re going to the hospital. Like it or not, He is going to need to see you to get better.” Jay was opening my closet, most likely picking out an outfit for me to wear. I got up, knowing it was no use to go against Jay when she was determined, and walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

-On the way to the hospital-

I looked out the window as we made our way to the hospital thinking about later seeing the band and what their reactions would be. I haven’t had the heart to tell them what he knew and didn’t know yet. I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

Jay had turned on the radio and “I’m not Okay” was playing on 89.x. I shut it off and fumed. He didn’t even remember writing that song. Or making the music video with a new member to the band once Otter was kicked out. He didn’t remember Mikey dying in “The Ghost of You” he didn’t remember any of the black parade or the album to come.

He didn’t remember me. I think that’s the thing that hurt the most. A man who I loved more than anything had had his memory wiped away as if it was a dry erase board. I’m grateful that the basics have been left behind; it could have been a lot worse. But it hurts that I’m unknown.

Jay had pulled up to the door of the hospital and dropped me off, she had to go to work and I didn’t want to burden her anymore than I already had. Frank or one of the guys, could take me home. Mrs. Way was staying with me, along with Mikey. Ray, Bob and Frank were staying with Jay at her house down the street. Mikey was bringing along my dog Bella, a small black lab puppy, that way she would be taken care of. The wives and children were staying behind for schooling, businesses, and pets that needed to be taken care of.

I walked through the hallways on a path I know too well. I fidgeted with my jacket sleeve over my cast and my hoodie outside his door. The doctor almost hit me as he was walking out and held the door open for me with a sad smile.

I shuffled into the room and quietly waved as Gerard noticed me. He was sitting up and had a tray of hospital food in front of him. His face bruising was changing colors so his injuries looked less extreme, also the swelling and little cuts from the glass on his face looked better.

“Hey.” I said quietly as I sat down next to him in the hospital chair.

Gerard’s POV

A young woman, around my age of 30, had walked into my room and waved. She had been here a few days before and I was told by my doctor that she was my wife. She had short blonde hair that was poking out underneath a red hat, and was wearing a black sweatshirt that covered a purple cast and a pair of jeans. She had a slight smile, but it made it look like she was wincing. It wouldn’t surprise me from the bruise around her eye.

“Hey” she said and she looked down and fidgeted with her sleeve. I could tell this, being in the same room with me, hurt her. Probably as much as it did me. I had been extremely angry with myself after she had left yesterday. Not angry with myself I guess, but angry with the situation we were in. The only bright side I could think of was that I got to fall in love with her all over again, and hoping all my memories of us together would return soon.

“Hey, So…” I started. I feel awkward, not knowing what to say. I just wanted to get to know her.” Tell me about yourself.” I started. She looked up and bit her lip a bit.

“Well, my name is Addie. My full name is Addison Clark. I’m 27. I write comic books, that’s how we met. We live in a house in Jersey, near your parents. We have a lil puppy named Bella. Um, I have a younger sister named Jay. No brothers, except Mikey is basically my little brother so that works out I guess…Um. I don’t know what else to say.” She had rattled that off in one breath, getting quieter and smaller with every word. She had begun to tear up and it felt like a knife to the heart. Even though I wasn’t clear on the details of our relationship, I felt a great need to protect her and love her and I guess that’s what made me grab her good wrist and pull her to me.

Addie POV

I had started to cry from frustration when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him. I leaned over the tray of food as we hugged and I missed his smell of soap and cigarettes, even though I know he hadn’t been allowed to smoke in a hospital. But it somehow made me feel better. The guys busted in as we held each other and I felt the room take its next step in the path towards recovery.
Sign up to rate and review this story