Categories > Original > Drama > Do You Know Who I Am?

ChApTeR oNe

by K-JPOP 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-12-22 - Updated: 2010-12-22 - 2854 words

0Unrated
Early the next morning,Kaiala stepped out of the house and streched letting out a moan.
"I love new days.",she murmured.
"Kaia!"
Kaiala smiled and ran to her best friend,Zelia.They've been best friends since Kaiala was 5.
Zelia had long curly,dark hair with brown,chocolate eyes and dark mocha skin.A true brazilian.
"Where have you been?",Kaiala asked her after giving a hug.
"Sneaking around.Looks like the royal Lebanon family here in Brazil are getting a visit of family.",Zelia said.
"Really?You know,I think there really is something familiar about those Lebanese people.",Kaiala said.
Zelia shrugged and both laughed.
"Come,let's go sneak in the palace and check it out.",Zelia said.
"I can't.Ma does not want me getting into trouble.If we get caught,that is going to be more trouble than we've ever been in.",Kaiala said.
"Since when has that stopped you?When she told you not to steal food from the market,you did.When she told you not to scare her all the time,you kept going.When she told you to not go running with the boys,you still do.So is there really a difference now?",Zelia explained.
"Zelia...I did not know you knew how to speak that long.Almost got me sleeping.",Kaiala laughed.
Zelia rolled her eyes and smiled.
"So?",Zelia asked.Kaiala sighed and shrugged.
"Guess what you say is true...alright!Let's go!",Kaiala exclaimed.Zelia squealed and grabbed ahold of Kaiala's hand.
Together they ran toward the royal palace at the top of the mountain.

"My family!",the woman exclaimed as she entered the lobby of the palace.That was the mistress,Rashida Mebarak.Her husband close to her was Hakim Mebarak.
Three children walked beside her,the oldest holding the littlest fourth.
"My,Rashida,you're so beautiful!",Rashida's sister said and both hugged.
"Hello,Aunt Reed.",the oldest child exclaimed.
Mistress Reed smiled and stepped closer to the four children.
The oldest was Ahmed.He was now 25 and next in line in throne.The second oldest was Shada,and she was now 19 years old.The third oldest was Jamil and he was 11.The littlest was Yaida and she was only 7 years old.
"You've all grown so much.Come,I invite you all to be led to the dining room so we can all feast.",Reem said.
"Yes,Aunt Reem.",Ahmed said and all bowed their head.All started o head out but Reem caught hold of Rashida's hand.
As everybody left,Reem and Rashida stayed alone in the room.
"What is it,sister?",Rashida asked.Reem frowned and sighed.
"After all these years,still no sign of your lost daughter?",Reem asked.Rashida felt immediate sadness and sighed letting out a sob.
"No,sister.I cannot believe it.I really can't!I should give up.After all,the child is probably dead by now.",Rashida cried.Reem hugged her sister.
"Maybe so.",Reem whispered.

"Kaiala!Hurry!",Zelia whispered loudly.
The both had succesfully snuck into the palace and where making their way through remaining hidden.
It seems they entered some kind of dining place.
"Nice.",Zelia murmured as they stared around in awe.
Suddenly,the doors began to open and both looked back in shock.
"Hide!",Kaiala squealed and both jumped into two very large vases.
The room filled with the family in laughter.
"Just great.",Zelia muttered.
"Shhh!",Kaiala hushed at her.Both peeked out of the vases to see Lebanese people sitting around the dining table.
"He looks rather attractive.",Zelia said looking at the oldest of all the children.Kaiala smiled and rolled her eyes.
"We have to find a way to get out of here.",Kaiala said and thought.
They were practically right next to the door.
Maybe they can just pop out of the vases and the right time and go running.
Well,it seems a bit...risky.
Maybe they could....nah.Maybe...no.Maybe...wait,they don't have honey.
Kaiala sighed and shrugged.
"Zelia,I have a plan.",Kaiala whispered.As they spoke,Rashida entered the room with Reem,smiles on their faces.
"Alright,let us start out feast.",Reem said as both sat down.
As servants came entering with food,Kaiala and Zelia readied theirselves.
"Alright,ready...set...GO!"
Both jumped out and ran for the door with such speed.
"Good Lord,somebody catch those thieves!",Reem said standing up and pointing to the two girls.
Kaiala looked back to the shocked family and she almost froze for a long moment.
Zelia saw and ran back.
"Let's go!",Zelia yelled and grabbed Kaiala's arm and pulled her.Kaiala came back to her senses and both ran for their lives.
"That girl...",Rashida murmured.
"She looked familiar.Very familiar.",Hakim said.
"She was a thief and once they catch her,she must be punished.",Reem said sitting down with rage.
Ahmed and Rashida looked at eachother and then at Hakim.
"I'll find her.",Ahmed said.
"Be careful.",Rashida said.Ahmed nodded and stood leaving the room.

Kaiala and Zelia gasped for air as they reached Zelia's house.It took hours to get back to the villages.
"What an adventure.",Zelia laughed.
"Good thing we were not caught.You think they would recognize us?",Kaiala asked.
"They probably will.After what you did!You stayed staring like a statue and I had to come back and save you.",Zelia said.
"I'm sorry but I don't know what happened.They all looked so familiar.",Kaiala said with a shrug.
"Well,let's just hope for the best.Goodnight and tell Ms.Aislara that I'll be there tomorrow morning to eat some breakfeast.",Zelia said.
Kaiala nodded and waved goodbye as Zelia entered her house.
She then set for her house.She stopped for a moment and drank some water from the well in the middle of the village.Then went back to walking to her house.
Now in the middle of the jungle,close to her house,she thought back.That family,they looked like she'd known them once.
Especially the woman at the end of the table.Her and the man by her.
"Whatever.Must be my imagination.",Kaiala muttered.
Suddenly,she heard a brach crack.She stopped on her tip toes and twirled around quicker than you can say hi.
There stood a man.The same man Zelia was eyeing in that palace.
Oh,God,they found her.
She gulped and began to step back,ready to run for it.But she would lead him to her house and she will surely get into trouble.
Forget it,she'll lose him at the village.
"Alright,I know what you're thinking.Don't,because I'm not going to hurt you.",he spoke ot her.
"How can I possibly trust that that is true?",she asked.
"You have my word on it.I only want to know what were you doing in that house.",he asked.
"Look,I understand I was wrong.But can't you give me a warning and let it go?",she asked and continued to step back.
"I don't think thieves deserve warnings.",he said.
"I think this one does.",she said laughing nervously.
Suddenly,he froze making her freeze.He started at her in both shock and disbelief.
"What is your name?",he asked.
"Why should I tell you?",she said.
"Because I demand it or do you want me to throw you in a dungeon?",he said.
"Hey!You said that I have you word on not hurting me!",she yelled pointing at him.He sighed and nodded.
"Alright,fine.But,please,tell me your name.My name is Ahmed Mebarak.",he said and bowed his head.
She narrowed her eyes in confusion as he bowed his head.
"What are you doing?",she asked.
"Showing respect to a lady.",he said.
"Why?",she asked.He chuckled.
"Because it is what I must do.Now,your name?",he said.
"...Kaiala.",she said.
"How old are you,Kaiala?",he asked.
"16...why??Are you trying to have your way with me?!",she exclaimed.
"No!No!No,of course not!",he said immediately holding his hands to her.
She took a step back eyeing him.
"Then why do you want to know?",she asked.
"Because...you may be my sister."
Her eyes widened and she froze completely.His...his sister??Is that possible??
No,it can't be possible!
"You're crazy!How could I be your sister?!I look nothing like you!",she yelled.
"No,but you look like my mother and my sister.",he said.
"S-So?!That means nothing!Look,I'm kinda freaked out by you so I think I'm just going to run now!",she yelled and began to break into a run when he yelled to wait.
She stopped and turned back to him.
"Bring me to your home.Let me talk with your parents.",he said.
She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Finally,you're home.",Aislara muttered as she heard knocking on the door.She opened and began to scold Kaiala,but she saw she was not alone.
"Mama,this is Ahmed.",Kaiala introduced.Ahmed smiled and bowed his head freaking Aislara out.
"He does that.",Kaiala muttered.
"Pleasure to meet you,Madame.",Ahmed said.
"What?!"
They now sat around the dining table coffee given to Ahmed.
"Yes,your daughter may be my long lost sister.",Ahmed said.Kaiala scoffed and shook her head.
"It's not possible.Right,mama!",Kaiala said and waited for her mother's response.
But nobody replied.
"Mama?",Kaiala asked her mom.
Aislara sighed and closed her eyes for a moment.
"It is possible.",she said.
Kaiala's eyes widened and she looked to her mother.
"What?!",Kaiala exclaimed.
"I will tell you what happened...",Aislara said and opened her eyes again.
"Please!",Kaiala said in a loud whisper.
"...I was 19 at the time and had made myself a home.I never met a man to be with and have children with.So,I wished for a miracle to have my own child without needing a man.A couple days after making that wish,I was out fishing for dinner.A boat was coming ashore and there was noise coming from it.It sounded like a small child.",Aislara said.
Kaiala began to tear up and looked down.
Aislara continued,"As soon as it came to the sand,I grabbed it and pulled it toward the house.That thing was wrapped in a wet blanket and moving frantically crying loudly.I picked it up,and removed the blanket from it's face.It was a child.It was Kaiala.I was so shocked to see her and quickly gave her shelter and food."
"Days later,Kaiala had gotten used to me and I was happy with her around.I found that I did not know her name.So I gave her the name of my mother,Kaiala.When I told her the name,she was so content and I knew it was perfect.The years passed,and Kaiala grew to be a beautiful girl."
Kaiala looked to Aislara with tears rolling down her cheeks.
"Kaiala,you always knew that something was wrong.You somehow always knew that you belonged someplace else.I didn't want to tell you because I thought it might be too early.But it seems your family has come for you.",Aislara said.
Kaiala shook her head and hugged Aislara.
"I don't want to go.I want to stay with you,Mama!",Kaiala cried.
"Oh,my darling.My sweet child.It's time you go where you really do belong.It is time to know who you are.",Aislara said.
"Kaiala,she is right.My mother has been searching for you your entire life having a thought that you were dead the entire time.",Ahmed siad.
Kaiala held Aislara tighter.
"....well,if I were to go.Would I be able to take Mama with me?",Kaiala asked.
"If you'd like.Take anybody.But we have to go to my mother and back to Lebanon.",Ahmed said.
Kaiala sighed and nodded.
"Alright,let's go to your mother.",she said standing up and wiping her tears.
"Alright.",he said and stood as well heading to the door.
"I will be back,Mama.",Kaiala said and hugged her mother before leaving with Ahmed.

"Oh,where is Ahmed?",Rashida said.
"Do you think he's dead?",Jamil asked.
"Jamil!",Hakim exclaimed.
"Jamil's probbly right.",Shada said with a shrug.
"Shada!",Rashida exclaimed.
"Ahmed dead!",Yaida giggled.
"Yaida!",Rashida and Hakim exclaimed.
Suddenly,the doors opened and Ahmed came walking in,Kaiala standing close behind him.
"You caught her!",Reem yelled standing up.
"Aunt Reem,Mother and Father,I have great news.",Ahmed said.
"Yes,you have caught the thief!Let's get her punishment straight right now.",Reem said.
"What?",Kaiala said and started to step back.Ahmed sighed and grabbed her hand making her jump.
"It is alright.",he said.
"Ahmed?",Rashida asked standing up.
Ahmed smiled and pulled Kaiala to the table.
"Mother,Father...I present your long lost daughter.",Ahmed said.
Rashida's eyes widened and she shook her head.
"Excuse me?",Hakim asked standing up.
"She is 16 years old.She was found on a boat in the ocean in a blanket.Mother,this is your daughter.This is my sister.",Ahmed said.
"Could it be?",Rashida began to cry.
"Of course it can't be!",Reem yelled.
Rashida walked to Kaiala who was getting scared by the minute.
Rashida let her hands go to Kaiala's cheek and studied her.The dark eyes were familiar.She had the light skin of Rashida.
"What is your name,child?",Rashida asked.
"K-Kaiala.",she answered.
Rashida smiled and began to sob.
"It is you!It must be you!",Rashida cried and pulled Kaiala into a tight hug.
"Could it...",Hakim whispered and walked up to the two.
"Yes.",Ahmed answered with a smile.
"Jamila!",Hakim exclaimed.
"Ja-what?",Kaiala asked.Hakim hugged the two girls with great laughter.
"Whoa,whoa,whoa!!!"
They all looked to the standing Shada who stared in shock at Kaiala.
"Are you saying that is my first little sister?!The one that I missed when I was small?!The one that floated away at sea?!",Shada yelled.
"I guess so.",Kaiala murrmured.
"Thank the heavans you are back.Ahmed found you and bought you to me!",Rashida cried.
"Yes,but may I speak?",Kaiala asked.
"Of course!Sya anything you want!",Hakim said.
"I....I have a life here.If I am to leave,I would like to bring two special people to me.",Kaiala said.
"Alright.I will get to know the parents you grew up with.",Rashida said playing with Kaiala's hair.
"Umm,I mean my mother and my best friend.I never had a dad.",Kaiala's said.
"I think I can fill that spot.",Hakim said with a loud laugh.
"I will meet the mother you've lived with then.What is this of a friend?",Rashida asked.
"My best friend.She was the one who ran out with me.",Kaiala said.
"Surely not!She is a thief!",Reem said.
"She is not!She is my friend,she does not steal.We just wanted to see the royal family.",Kaiala said.
"Do not dare speak to me like that!How do we know you are even our family?!",Reem yelled.
"Enough!",Rashida yelled.
Kaiala stared daggers at the vile woman.
"Reem,you know very well she is our daughter.She has every aspect of us.Don't disrespect her when she is finally in my arms!",Rashida said.
"If you all will excuse me.",Reem said and left the room in disgust.
"Don't listen to her.",Ahmed said.
"Look,I nderstand if I must leave with you all.I am glad to have found my real family...but if I cannot be with my family,I cannot leave.I will only go if my best friend and mother goes.",Kaiala said.
"Alright,I will allow you to bring them.",Hakim said.
"Allow me?",Kaiala asked.
"You're home,but you do not know the rules of the Royal Family.",Rashida said.
"Okay?",Kaiala most asked.
"Let us get you in a bed.",Rashida said.
"No,I am going back home.",Kaiala said.
"What?",Hakim asked.
"I am gonna go back home.",Kaiala repeated.
"But,you cannot just leave.",Hakim said.
"I can and I am going to.Please,do not pretend that you've know me.You don't know what I am capable of.",Kaiala said.She pulled away from Rashida and stepped back.
Ahmed cleared his throat and grabbed Kaiala's hands and bought them to his lips kising them each.
"Dear long lost sister,be back tomorrow packed and with your mother and friend.We'll be leaving back to Lebanon.But if you do not want to go,do not come to the palace.It is your choice.",Ahmed said.
Kaiala smiled and noded.
"Thank you.Good-bye,to all of you.",Kaiala said and turned and ran back for home.
"Oh,hopefully she will come back to us.",Rashida said grasping Hakim tightly with tears.
"Hopefully.",Ahmed said.
Sign up to rate and review this story