Categories > Books > Harry Potter > inheirtance

inheirtance

by wizcollins 2 reviews

Harry learns his true postion in the wizarding world and he also learns of the headmaster's actions against the Most Ancient and the Most Noble House of Potter

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2010-12-27 - Updated: 2010-12-27 - 2261 words

0Illiterate
Harry and Hermione just made it back to the hospital wing with a few seconds to spare. They just saved Sirius from a fate worse than death. Ron couldn't believe his eyes as his friends disappeared in one spot and appeared in another. Harry and Hermione then walked over the beds and get in them as Ma'am Pomfrey came back out of her office to see if she can take care of her patients. The following morning Harry heard that Professor Lupin was leaving. So Harry rushed to the office of Defense against the Dark Arts to talk to Lupin.

"What is this about you leaving Professor?" asked Harry to his DADA teacher.

"Well Professor Snape let it 'slip' that I am a werewolf. Harry I want to ask you a few questions before I take off. How is your life with your muggle relatives? When I asked the headmaster he said that you were like James was as a kid. But for the most the Dursley's treated you like their son."

"They didn't treat me like their son. For the first ten years of my life my bedroom was a cupboard. When I started getting my Hogwarts letters they moved me to the smallest bedroom and it was full of Dudley's broken toys that I couldn't throw away. I started cooking for them around five and when I was six I started the yard work and cleaning around the house. These clothes are second hand from Dudley. I never had a decent meal until I came to Hogwarts."

"Harry when you get to London goes over to Gringotts and asks to speak to the goblin in charge of the estate of the Most Ancient and the Most Noble House of Potter. Harry you were supposed to get heir apparent ring at eleven and then the head of house ring at the start of this year. Who took you to Diagon Alley before your first year?"

"Hagrid came to give me my letter, and to take me to the Alley. Why?"

"One second Harry." said Remus sending his patronous out of the door, "Harry all muggle-born or muggle-raised are to be accomplice by a member of the teaching staff. And someone of your station in the wizarding world should have been visited by at least by the deputy headmistress. Don't get me wrong I like Hagrid, but it wasn't fitting to send a gamekeeper to get and teach a lord of your caliber about the wizarding world."

Professors Flitwick walked into the open office. "Yes Remus?" ask Flitwick.

"Flitwick is it policy for only teaching staff to take muggle-born and muggle raised first year students to the Alley?"

"Yes. Who was the first year that didn't get a teacher to take them to Diagon alley?"

"I was. I had Hagrid."

"The Headmaster told the staff he took you and explained your inheritance to you. Are you telling us that he didn't do that Mister Potter?" asked Flitwick.

"Yes I am. And all I have found out about my parents is my father came from a long standing magical family, and my mother came from muggles. I didn't know what they looked like until Hagrid gave me a photo album of their pictures. Like I was telling Professor Lupin my bedroom was a very small broom cupboard. I thought my name was freak until I was school age for Muggle School."

"Flitwick your cousin is Griphook right?" asked Remus.

"Yes he is. And as far as I know he is the goblin in charge of the Potter Estate. Our family has been handling the estate since Merlin the Great."

"Send him an owl and ask him to meet Lord Potter at the train station. We have to move quickly. I remember how to get to Potter Manor. I can meet Harry in front of Gringotts and take him there. Harry I will see you in a few days. Go back to your friends."

"Okay see you in a few." said Harry as he went to find his friends. While walking to the common room where Hermione was, Harry realized that he loved his best friend. So he decided to tell her. Harry walked up to the portrait of the fat lady and said the password. When Harry entered the room he saw Hermione curled up reading a thick book.

"Hermione I need to talk to you about a couple of things. First I want to tell you last night when we were rescuing my godfather, I realized something I am in love with you." said Harry as Hermione leaped of the couch and pulled Harry into a bone crushing hug and then she smashed her lips on Harry's. While the two friends shared their first kiss Ron slipped into the common room.

"WHAT ARE YOU TWO DORING?" shouted Ron to Harry and Hermione breaking up their moment.

"Well Ron we both realized that we have feelings for each other and we are going to out."
"You can't be. Harry knows that you are mine." angry shouted Ron.

"I am not 'yours'. I am a person who has feelings."

"You both are no longer a friend of mine. And you are no long welcome at the Burrow." said Ron storming off. After a few minutes Fred and George came over to see what happened. They soon realized that Ronald believed Hermione would wait for him to start liking girls in that way. Ginny was angry but told Hermione if she happens to brakes up with Harry she would be there to take Harry off the market so to speak.

"What other thing do you have to talk to me about?"

"Well I just was talking to Professor Lupin and he told me that when I was eleven I was to get an heir apparent ring to the Most Ancient and the Most Noble house of Potter. Then this year I was suppose to get the head of house ring to said house. Oh Professor Flitwick is related to the goblin in charge of the Potter Estate. The goblin in charge of my estate is supposed to meet me at the London Station to take me to Gringotts. Then this summer I am going to start living at Potter Manor. I was thinking that if you and your parents wanted to you could spend your summer vacation at Potter Manor. If my family is as old as I believe then can you image the library that the Potter's massed over the years."

"Let's go to the library. I know they have books on wizarding nobility and ancestry." said Hermione "I want to know what kind of family I am getting into. Because I know you don't just give your feelings away to just anyone." Together they walked down the library. They walked up the librarian and asked, "Ma'am Pince we are looking for one of the wizarding nobility books that cover the house of Potter."

"Right this way Miss Granger and Mr. Potter. Now this is what I know about the Potter family is this they donated what is greenhouse five around nineteen hundred oh five when my mother was here. They also held four family seats in the Wizengmot our courts." said Ma'am Pince seeing their confused faces while leading them to the family section of the library. "Here the book you are looking for in this section. Potter, Potter, Potter. Okay it is not here."

Ma'am Pince said, "Accio Potter Family Linage. I am so sorry Mr. Potter it appears the book on your family is not here. This is weird as it should be here. I'll be right back I am going to check the magical catalog and see if it says where it is."

"Hermione look here it's a family book on the Granger's." said Harry pulling a book off of the shelves called The Ancient and Noble House of Granger: History and Linage, "Thought you said your parents are muggles."

"They are Harry, or at least I think they are." said Hermione quickly looking through the book to the section of the family tree, "Harry the last name on this tree is my great uncle."

"Miss Granger and Mr. Potter the catalog says that the book should be here."
"Ma'am Pince I found this book on the Granger family. I was under the impression that I was the first Granger to come to Hogwarts?"

"See that ruin on the top of the page. Put a drop of your blood on it and if it is your family it will add your name to the registry." said Ma'am Pince as Hermione put a drop of blood on the ruin and the page glowed for a second and when the glow disappeared Hermione's name was written at the bottom of the page.

"Hermione do you think your parents could help me go over my inheritance?"

"We can ask them when we get to London. Then I can ask them if we can spend the summer at your place."

"Well let's go. Hermione, which teacher took you to the Alley?"

"Professor McGonagall took my parents and me to Diagon Alley and explained everything about the magical world to us. Let's go and pack for the train." said Hermione holding Harry's hand walking towards the Gryffindor Common Room.

When they were stopped by Filius Flitwick, "Mr. Potter Griphook will meet you at the train station, and he suggests that you have someone there that you trust to give you advice. Oh it can't be Ms Granger unless you want to announce right now that she is you betrothed. I believe that Minerva won the pool. Oh and another thing Mr. Potter you can trust McGonagall. She was James' godmother."

"What pool Professor Flitwick?"

"The pool is on when you two would get together. Minerva bet this year or next. I had your fifth year. Sprout had your sixth year. Dumbledore bet that Harry would start dating Ms. Weasley and you would start dating Mr. Weasley in your sixth year. The Weasley twins had Christmas of either of your fourth year or in seventh year. That is the pool that I know of and it was up to twenty-five thousand galleons. Have a good day Mr. Potter and since you are dating Miss Granger I expect your essays to be better than what I have seen for you in the past."

Together they walked back to the common room talking about the fact that Hermione comes from a noble family dating back to at least the dark ages. Once in the common room they saw the twins.

"Hey, Fred and George can we talk to you for a moment."

"Yeah Harry. What do you want?"

"About this pool you were involved in that was betting on when we would get together. How much did you two bet?"

"Two hundred galleons and how did you two find out?"

"Professor Flitwick told us after he said 'Professor McGonagall won the pool.' So how is your parents' going to take us being together?"

"Well Dad is going to be happy for you two since he made a commit to us about how well you two seem to fit together and he wouldn't be surprised if in few years we get an invite to your wedding. Mom will probably get very upset. She has been telling Ginny, since she was very little, that she is going to be the wife of Harry Potter; the boy who lives. Ron and Ginny is pretty mad at the moment so if you are going to pack get someone watch your back. We will watch Harry's, but get someone to watch yours Hermione. Let's go Harry." said Fred, "Hey Angelia we have a favor to ask you and Alicia. Could you watch Hermione's back while she packs?"

"Why do you need your back watched Hermione?"

"Well Harry and I just today started dating and Ron and Ginny are very mad with us."

"Well the way we see it's the Gryffindor Girl Code. And we Gryffindor Girls we honor your relationship and protect it. Harry you are also a teammate. So let's go Hermione."

Hermione went up to her dorm with the two fifth year Gryffindor girl; while Harry went up to his dorm with Fred and George. The two groups talked about the ancient and noble families. Each family is taught the hierarchy of the families. They are twenty-one rungs of the hierarchy of ancient and noble families:

House of Potter (First rung- Merlin Emmys, Harry James Potter), House of Black (Second rung- Lancelot, Sirius Orion Black), House of Granger (Second rung- Anthony DePue, Hermione Jane Granger), House of Bones (Third rung- unknown, Susan Amelia Bones), House of Longbottom (Third rung- unknown, Neville Longbottom) House of Greengrass (Third rung- William Greengrass, Charles Greengrass), House of Brown (Fourth rung- Sean Brown, Sean Brown III), House of Davis (Fifth rung-Douglas Davis, David Davis) House of Weasley (Tenth rung- Unknown, Arthur Weasley), House of McGonagall (Eleventh rung- unknown, Minerva McGonagall), House of Malfoy (Seventeenth rung- Vald Dracul, Lucius Malfoy), House of Crabbe (Seventeenth rung- unknown, Vincent Crabbe), and House of Goyle (Vincent Goyle, Burnet Goyle), House of Prewett (Eighteenth rung- unknown, Molly Prewett Weasley), House of Dumbledore (twentyth rung- unknown, Albus PBW Dumbledore), Rung Twenty-first is all first- generation muggle

The next morning the population of Hogwarts left for the Hogsmeade train station. Harry and Hermione were joined in their compartment by Neville, Fred, George, Alicia, and Angelia and they talked the whole trip.
Sign up to rate and review this story