Categories > Books > Harry Potter > inheirtance

Gringotts

by wizcollins 5 reviews

Harry and Hermione and the Granger's go to Gringotts and learn some things about the potter line

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Harry - Published: 2010-12-27 - Updated: 2010-12-27 - 3697 words

0Illiterate
Once in London Hermione and Harry collected their trunks and debarked from the train and went up to Hermione’s parents.
“Mom, dad this is Harry Potter my best friend and boyfriend. Harry this is my mum and dad, Alice and George Granger. Mum Harry was wondering if you guys had time today to act as advisor to him as he goes over inheritance from his parents.”
“Yes we can help him out. So where do we need to go to?”
“Gringotts Bank. Griphook is supposed to meet me here.” said Harry as Mrs. Weasley stormed up to the small group. “Mrs. Weasley, how are you?”
“How dare you two throw my kids feeling back in their face and then pretend to be involved with each other.” shouted Mrs. Weasley at Harry and Hermione.
“Mum, Ron and Ginny told you a big bag of lies about Harry and Hermione.” said Fred and George together.
“Why would they lie?”
“Well they are mad at Harry and Hermione for deciding to get to together. And another thing Ron and Ginny didn’t tell them that they had feelings. Now don’t you think you owe an apology to Harry and Hermione?”
“No I don’t think I do. Since both of them know from how Ron and Ginny acted towards them.”
“Mr. Weasley please, takes your wife away from us, and you need to have a very long talk and use the family oath to make them tell the truth.” said Harry looking at the Weasley’s.
“Yes I will Harry, and I am pleased that you and Hermione decided to get together. Family, we are going to go home now.”
As the Weasley’s left the platform a goblin walked up to the group. “Lord Potter I am Griphook. My cousin told me that you never received your head of house ring or your parents will. If you have your advisors we can go to my office at the bank.”
“Dr.’s Granger said that they would act as my advisors. Can we travel like we are use to? We can meet you in the banks lobby.”
“Yes Lord Potter you can. I will see you and your guest in a hour.” said Griphook as he snapped his fingers and disappeared.
“Okay let’s go to the bank. Oh no the Dursley’s are waiting out there somewhere.”
“Who is the Dursley’s?” asked Alice.
“My mother’s sister, and her husband, and my cousin, and they are my muggle guardians. They didn’t treat me like they should have. And they will demand that I get into the car as soon as they see me. Hermione can I put my trunk on top of yours and I will put on my invisibility cloak and walk as close as possible to you so I don’t bump into anyone.”
“Yes Harry you can. Hurry now. Dad helps me put Harry’s trunk on mine.” said Hermione grabbing one of the handles. Together they walked off the platform and headed towards their car. They passed the Dursley’s looking furious because they couldn’t find the boy.
“I can’t believe the boy would make us wait after we took him after the goodness of our heart and gave him Dudley’s second bedroom and Dudley’s hand me downs.” said Vernon turning red in the face. When the Granger’s and Harry got to the Granger’s car they put the trunks into the bout. Then they set off towards Charring Road. Once they were in the car Harry uncovered himself from the invisibility cloak.
“Did you hear what the Dursley’s said? When we went passed by them.” said Harry as he fasted the seat belt.
“No we never have met your relatives.”
“Well Vernon said something along the lines of me having the gall of making them comes to London and making them waits for me.”
They drove to parking area near on Charring Road and went to the Leaky Cauldron. Harry led the Granger’s to the bank they saw Lupin waiting outside of the bank.
“Professor Lupin you told me that you were friends with my parents so I am sure that they put you in their will. I can never have enough advisors. My girlfriend’s parents said that they would help out. Did you go to my manor?”
“Harry I am no longer your professor. Call me either Remus or Uncle Moony like you did when you were little. Yes I just came from Potter Manor and it is still in tip top shape. The elves are preparing the master bedroom and several guestrooms for your arrival. When we get there you have to reset the ward to connect to you. Mr. Mrs. Granger your daughter was a delight to teach. She reminded me of Harry’s mother when she was in the school.”
“Let’s get inside of the bank and find out what was being hidden from Me.” said Harry giving Hermione his hand.
“Harry I am happy that you and Hermione are together, but if you walk into the bank holding Ms Granger’s hand and talk to your accountant it is the same as saying Hermione is going to be your betrothal.”
“Well that is something Harry and I are going to talk to my parents about this summer. Oh dad yesterday I found a book that proves that I am not the first Granger to go to Hogwarts. Your uncle went to my school.” Hermione said heading up the stairs to the bank. They walked through the bank doors.
“Lord Potter this way.” said Griphook leading the way through two large bronze doors into a section of the bank that is set aside for accountants of the ancient and noble houses, “We are having our meeting in my office. Matter of fact over thirty head of house took control of the Most Ancient and the Most Noble House of Potter in this office.”
Griphook walked up to silver and gold door with three crests in laid into the door, the Emrys crest, the Pendragon crest, and the Potter crest. Incrusted in rubies was the word Potter Accountant.
“Come in. I have the Potter Portfolio already out.” said Griphook as he opened the door. The goblin walked behind the desk and sat down. “Now this is the will reading of Lord Henry and Lady Dorea and Lord James and Lady Lily of the Most Ancient and the Most Noble house of Potter. Now Lady Dorea was died as the Regiment of the house of Black after her brother and his wife died and their son Sirius was put in prison for killing thirteen muggles. Now I don’t believe for one minute. We will start with Lord James and Lady Lily’s will.”
This is the last Will and Testament of Lord James Henry Potter. Being of sound mind, and body (ignore the snickering from Sirius and Remus). I leave a million galleons to my brother in all but blood Sirius Orion Black the godfather of my son Lord Harry James Potter. I also leave one million galleons to my other brother in all but blood Remus Lupin. The rest of the Potter Estate that I control I leave to my wife Lady Lily and my son Lord Harry. Harry is to go to my father; the head of house, and then Lord Sirius Black, then Lord Frank and Lady Alice Black, and finally Lady Amelia Bones. I also leave two thousand galleons a month pay to whoever takes care of my son. My son is to hear this will when he is eleven years old. On another Note Sirius Black was not our Secret Keeper like everyone thought, but Peter Pettigrew, and the castor was none other than Albus Dumbledore. And under no pretence is Harry to live with my sister-in-law and her husband.
Witness: Lord Sirius Orion Black (Aurors, heir of Ancient and Most Noble House of Black), Lady Amelia Elizabeth Bones (Aurors, Ma’am head of Ancient and Most Noble house of Bones)
This is the last Will and Testament of Lady Lillian Rose Potter nee Evans. Being of sound mind and body, my family estate of the muggle house of Evans I leave it to my son Harry. If none of the wizarding families that my husband picked out to take care of Harry I want my friend Alicia Wyatt. The Evans Estate includes the house mu sister and her husband is living in rent free. I let them live there if they would never have contact with my son since they are magic phobic. And under no pretence is Harry to live with them.
Witness: Lord Sirius Orion Black (Aurors, heir of Ancient and Most Noble House of Black), Lady Amelia Elizabeth Bones (Aurors, Ma’am head of Ancient and Most Noble house of Bones)
“Now for Lord Henry and Lady Dorea’s will.”
This is the last Will and Testament of Lord Henry Harry Potter. Being of sound mind, and body, I leave a million galleons to the Magical Law Enforcement. The rest of the Potter Estate that I control I leave to my wife Lady Dorea and my grandson Lord Harry. Harry is to go to and then Lord Sirius Black, then Lord Frank and Lady Amelia Bones the guardianship of my grandson Lord Harry James Potter. I also leave two thousand galleons a month pay to whoever takes care of my grandson. My grandson is to hear this will when he is eleven years old. I also leave the remaining of the Potter Estate to y wife and grandson.
Witness: Lord Alastor Moody (Aurors, Head of Ancient and Noble House of Moody), Lady Dorea Potter (Ma’am of the Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Potter)
This is the last Will and Testament of Lady Dorea Potter nee Black. Being of sound mind and body hereby leave the regiment of the Ancient and Most noble House of Black, until its rightful head is cleared of these ridicules charges against him, to my grandson.
Witness: Lord Alastor Moody (Head of Ancient and Noble House of Moody), Lord Henry Harry Potter (Aurors, Head of the Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Potter)
“Now Lord Potter could you tell me where you have been living at for these last twelve years? The headmaster told us he placed you in accordance with your parent’s will. ”
“I lived with the Dursley’s and until a few years ago I did not even have a proper bedroom. My first real and full meal was when I joined Hogwarts.”
“Okay that’s enough Lord Potter.” said Griphook pressing down a button and “Contact Ma’am Amelia Bones of the D.M.L.E. please. Now I was wondering why your guide never said anything to you when you came to this bank on your eleventh birthday. Who did bring your to collect your school things that year?”
“Hagrid and currently he is currently the Professor of Care of Magical Creatures and the Keeper of the Keys. He believes everything that the headmaster tells him. I have a feeling that Dumbledore told him it was for my greater good that I did not know about my inheritance.”
“Okay Lord Potter here is your head of house ring.” said Griphook as a knock sounded on his door. “Come in. Ah Ma’am Bones this is Lord Harry James Potter. We just read the Wills of the past two generations of Lord and Lady Potter and it is listed in all of their wills that Lord Harry not to go to his muggle Aunt and uncle.”
“Who are all of these people?” asked Ma’am Bones.
“This is Remus Lupin he was a friend to my parents and grandparents. This is my girlfriend Hermione Jane Granger, and her parents Alicia and George Granger, who are acting as my advisors. My grandparents and parents put in their wills that when I turn eleven I was to hear their wills. I’m almost fourteen years old, and I am just now hearing them. Do you know who is list as my magical guardian listed in the Ministry for Magic?”
“Yes one Albus Dumbledore. He came into the Ministry less than twelve hours after the attack on your home and had himself declared your magical and legal guardian. I knew and protested that Sirius Black was your magical and legal guardian since he was named and witness as your godfather, and since they were no actual proof that he committed any crime. Griphook has Albus used his illegal position for anything?”
“Well let me look through the folders.” said Griphook ruffling through the folders until he found a piece of parchment, “Ah, headmaster Dumbledore sat a betrothal contract between Harry James Potter and Ginny Weasley of the House of Weasley. Lord Potter can legally ignore this contract and the House of Weasley cannot demand Lord Potter goes along with it since it was filed as a contract between the house of Weasley and house of Dumbledore. Now Ma’am Bones this is a copy of the wills and the illegal betrothal contract. Now onto the business side of this meeting I will be listing all of your business and proprieties both wizarding and muggle.” Griphook then handed copies of several pieces of parchment to Harry and his advisors.
“I want the contract voided.”
“It will be done Milord.”
Harry looked down the first page and noticed it was of magical business and buildings.
Magical Business:
Daily Prophet owns 75%
The Daily Prophet building
Three Broomsticks owns 25%
The Leaky Cauldron owns 50%
The ministry of magic building
Flourish and Blotts owns 65%
Fortescue Ice Cream Parlor owns 45%
Ma’am Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions owns 35%
Apothecary owns 55%
Eeylops owns 45%
Borgin and Burke owns 10%
Muggle Business:
Gunning’s Drill owns 75%
London Times owns 25%
London Air owns 36%
Albury Taxis owned 46% (out of business)
London Mall building
Personal Residents:
#4 Privet Drive, Surry (2 story house part of the Evans Estate)
Evan Manor, Surry
Potter Summer Cottage 17 Godric’s Hallow (2 story cottage)
2 Godric’s Hallow (Gryffindor Castle)
Potter Manor 18 Charred Lane, London (3 story Manor)
Potter Winter Cottage Rome, Italy (2 story cottage)
Shrieking Shack, Hogsmeade (loaned to Remus Lupin)
Black Estate (Regiment)
Debts owed to the Potter Family (Both financial and life)
Weasley family (1895 (Loan), 1920 (loan), 1945 (Loan), 1993 (Life))
Bones family (1980 [James saved Amelia])
Black family (25 [No longer in affect], 1000 (life), 1200 (Life), 1400 (Life), 1900 (Life))
Longbottom family (1980 [James saved Frank])
Malfoy Family (1207 (loan), 1250 (loan), 1260 (loan), 1280 (life), 1300 (life), 1350 (Loan, Life), 1400 (Life), 1450 (loan), 1500 (Life), 1700 (Loan), 1945 (Life))
Lovegood Family (1969 (loan))
Diggory Family (1978 (loan))
Granger Family (23 [no longer in affect], 1991 (Life))
Debts owed from the Potter Family
Granger Family (22 (Life)) (no longer in affect)
Black family (24 (Life)) (No longer in affect)
Vaults:
Vault 1: (Merlin’s Vault) 2,898,000,000 galleons
Vault 2: (Pendragon’s Vault) 1,787,000,000 galleons
Vault 3: (Hogwarts Vault) 300,000,000 galleons
Vault 4: (Gryffindor’s Vault) 2,345,000,000 galleons
Vault 5: (Ravenclaw’s Vault {from the magical side of Evans family}) 3,467,000,000 galleons
Vault 10: (Potter’s Vault) 4,000,000,000 galleons
Vault 629: (Potter Trust Vault) 20,000 galleons to be refilled every year at August 15
Vault 700: (Heirloom and Gems Vault) family’s heirlooms, and 2,000,000 galleons in rubies
Total: 14,797,020,000 galleons and 2,000,000 galleons in rubies
“Okay so my daughter’s boyfriend is thirteen year old multi-billionaire.” said George, “Wait how is our family name on the debt section?”
“Well dad yesterday I found out through genealogy book that our family became squibs around seventy-five years ago. You and grandfather are both squibs and I inherited my magic from you. Do you remember the stories granddad use to tell about of family tree?”
“Yes we were supposed to be the descendant of at knight of the round table of King Arthur’s. But that is nothing but a legend right?”
No dad King Arthur was a real person, and Harry is his many great grandson.”
“1991 was your first year at Hogwarts how did Harry save your life?”
“From a full grown Mountain Troll. One of the teachers was possessed and let a troll into the school and I didn’t know about it and was in the girl’s lavatory. The troll found its way to the lavatory I was in. Harry found out I was still in the lavatory and he knew that I did not know about the troll. So Harry comes running into the lavatory as he heard my screams, and grabs hold of the trolls club and gets on the trolls neck and sticks his wand up its nose. Ron uses the spell that we learned that day and bashes the troll with its own club.”
“Why would the debt settle on Harry and not Ron?” asked Alicia Granger.
“Hermione where was Ron in the room?” asked Remus, “This will explain why the debt is on Harry and not Ron.”
“Well he was by the door the whole time. Harry was only one that placed himself into any danger.”
“I have asked are you two together because of this debt?”
“No dad we are not. We did not even know about the debt until five seconds ago.” said Hermione “Even with the debt if I thought Harry to be a major pain in the back the debt alone wouldn’t make us like each other enough to date.”
“I guess that’s a relief. But at the same time if we say no to something that you want, you can just ask your boyfriend and he can easily buy it for you. Are we done here?”
“Yes we are and thank you for being here with me.”
“You are welcome Harry. Harry we would like to get to know you over the summer. Griphook since Harry took up his mantle as Lord Potter does that mean he is emancipated?”
“Yes he is in both worlds.”
“Okay why don’t we go to the Leaky Cauldron and get something to eat and discuss the plans for this summer. I figure you two will want to spend time together this summer.” said George as the group left the account office and headed toward Diagon Alley. “So what are your plans?”
“Well I plan on doing my homework, learning how to manage my large estate, and find out all of my responsibilities, and of course spend time with your highly intelligent and very beautiful daughter. Fred and George on the train were telling us about the hierarchy, and the first three families are mine, the Blacks, and the Granger’s. My family came from Arthur Pendragon himself, the Black family came from Lancelot, and the Granger family came from a knight called DePue.” said Harry opening the wall to the bar. Once inside the bar the group ran into Albus Dumbledore.
“Harry my dear boy. I say you had your fun and now it is time for you to return to your family.” said Headmaster Dumbledore in his grandfatherly voice. “Remus what are you doing here?”
“Oh I just got done listening to my best friends and someone who was like and aunt and uncle wills.”
“Did Harry hear the wills also?”
“Yes he did since in all four wills it clearly stated that as soon as Harry turned eleven years old and to get the heir apparent ring and then on his thirteenth brithday he is to get his head of house ring.” said Remus “Now why don’t you sat down with us and tell us why you went against the senior most house of the wizarding world, or I will go to the floo and floo Ma’am Bones and you can explain it to her.”
“Well you must remember Remus that since I am the head of the Wizengmot and the Chief Warlock on the ICW I don’t have to explain myself to anyone much less a underage wizard who happens to be my ward. Harry I am your magical guardian and I am telling you it is time to tell Ms Granger good bye and you will see her in September. Now you are going to go back to your aunt and uncle.”
“Remus please goes and gets Ma’am Bones. Headmaster I have been emancipated since have taken my position as the head of the Most Ancient and Most Noble house of Potter and through my grandmother the Ancient and Most Noble House of Black. Now in my parents legal will held onto by their goblin accountant said who was their secret keeper and if for anyone reason that my godfather could not take care of me I was to go a few others and never to step foot inside the home of Petunia and Vernon Dursley’s.” said Harry as Remus quickly went to the fireplace, and used the floo. After a few minutes Ma’am Bones came through the fireplace.
“Lord Potter, it is nice to see you again. My department agrees with Griphook and the fact that you are in fact emancipated. Now Albus what is this about you not having to answer to anyone. I told you the day that you came to the Ministry to claim that Harry was to be your ward, and that will that said Harry was to be placed at his mother’s sister, that I was one of the James and Lily’s chosen guardian’s. Now start speaking.”
“You know only the head of the first three families came demand me to explain my actions. I know for a fact that Bones family is not that old.”
“That maybe headmaster, but Harry is the head of two of the three families and Hermione is the head of the third. Now explain.” demanded Amelia Bones.
“No since they are both underage I don’t have to answer them.”
“Fine Professor Dumbledore you will have to explain it to the whole Wizengmot. Ma’am Bones, when is the next meeting of the Wizengmot?” asked Harry looking at the Head of the DMLE.
“Tuesday at ten fifteen, and Remus knows how to get to the ministry. Now Albus, Harry is legally allowed go anywhere he wants to. Good day lord Potter, Remus and Hermione and Doctors Granger.”
Sign up to rate and review this story