Categories > Books > Harry Potter > inheirtance

Potter Manor

by wizcollins 0 reviews

Harry moves into Potter Manor

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Harry,Hermione - Published: 2011-01-04 - Updated: 2011-01-04 - 1750 words

0Illiterate
The Grangers, Harry and Remus asked Tom for a private room so they could eat and talk in private. They ordered the special, and some butter bear.
“So Harry where are you going to be staying?” asks Alicia curiously.
“Well Remus is going to take me to Potter Manor. I have a few days to learn what I need to know for the Wizengmot meeting.” said Harry then looking at Hermione, “I would like you to be there for moral support. I want you there too, Remus.”
“So Remus, Harry said that you were friends with his parents. If they were alive what would they think of Harry’s choice if dating Hermione?”
“Well Lily would sat Harry down and give him a lecture on how to treat Hermione and on how to act on dates. James would be giving him tips on how to treat her for the betterment of their relationship. But I would have to say they would be proud enough of Harry’s choice. People say that Potter’s have a thing for red heads but I have meet most of the past Lady Potter’s and the only thing they have in common with each other is they were the brightest witch of their year, while the Lord Potter’s were the most powerful wizard of their year.”
“How did you meet the past Lords and Ladies Potter if they are dead?” asked George.
“Well in the magical world people with enough money can commission a wizarding portrait. A wizarding portrait is an animated portrait that can talk to you. They can move and interact with other portraits and people.” said Hermione, “Did Harry’s parents have a portrait made?”
“Yes they did. Both Harry’s grandparents and parents portrait is located in the head of house office. I had to explain a few things to them. I had forgotten what Lily was like when she was angry. I told what I knew about Harry even his very brilliant girlfriend. Bella and Lily both said they would not be surprise if Hermione didn’t become the next Lady Potter.”
“Mom dad you know how we always take the first week after school to get reacquainted before we go on our summer vacation this year instead of a vacation out of the country. Could we stay at Potter Manor?”
“Hermione, do you really want to spend your summer in an old Manor?”
“I believe I know why she wants to stay. The Potter Manor has a library that is one section of the oldest magical library in Britain. Hermione I know that you can look at all of the books except the Potter Family Grimore. The Manor does have a muggle driveway. The manor is not too far away.”
“If we stay at Harry’s house this summer you have to promise that you won’t spend all summer in the library.”
“I won’t since I have boyfriend to get to know better. What about clothes for you two? I have some muggle clothes and I also have my wizarding clothes.”
“I know that I need a whole new wardrobe. They are probably certain robes for head of house. Okay Doctor’s why don’t you run home and get your clothing then meet Remus and myself at the Manor. Remember the address is 18 Charred Lane.” said Harry “we’ll take my trunk and take the Knight bus.”
“Okay Harry we will meet you at the manor.” said Alicia leading the group out to their car to get Harry’s trunk out of their boot. Harry gave Hermione a quick kiss as Remus put his wand out in front of him. Out of nowhere a large triple decked bus appeared.
“Welcome to the Knight Bus, transportation for the stranded witch or wizard. Neville how was the school year?” said Stan “Where are you going to?”
“Charred Lane” said Harry “I am sorry for telling you that my name was Neville Longbottom. My name is actually Harry Potter. Now here are a few galleons.”
“Harry, why did he call you by Neville’s name?”
“Last year when I left the Dursley’s house after Vernon’s Sister Marge called my mother a bitch and my father a good for nothing drunk. I kind of lost my temper and used magic to make her blow up to the size of a weather balloon. I stormed out of the house with my trunk and not on purpose summoned the Knight Bus. I thought the ministry was after me because I just performed magic. Well right before I signaled the bus I saw Sirius in his dog form, but I didn’t know it was him.” said Harry watching the London pass by. They came into the neighborhood looked like only the royal family should be able to live in it.
“Charred Lane, next stop Surry.” said Stan as Harry and Remus took his trunk off the bus. Then the bus rocketed away again. Harry and Remus walked up Charred Lane towards eighteen.
“One thing Harry, Potter Manor is not like other magical manor. Almost every member of this neighborhood has been in it, and most of this neighborhood is muggles. Only they upper levels are like a true magical manor. You have two libraries. One of them on the ground floor is non-magical, and the one on the fourth floor is all of you magical tomes.” said Remus as they walked up to a wrote iron gate that had the name Potter Manor done in old English script in a arch form over the gate. They passed through the gate and headed up the drive towards a five story manor. Harry saw statues of griffins, dragons, and phoenixes across the grounds.
The manor itself was a red brick manor with ivy growing up the front. On the door was a dragon face knocker. The door was made out of red oak.
“The muggles think this manor is only a three story manor. Okay this summer you have to have two parties to announce your Lordship. Tomorrow I will take you to Ma’am Malkin to get you a complete wizarding wardrobe and we can get the Hermione to go with you to the tailors and get you a complete muggle wardrobe.”
AT THE GRANGER’S
Hermione was in her room packing her clothes for the summer, and she didn’t pack a single book when her mother entered.
“Hermione I need to ask you something. At the bank when Mr. Lupin, said that if Harry walked into the bank holding your hand to talk to his accountant that it would be the same as saying that you are betrothed. Why did you say that is something that you and Harry plan on talking to your father and I about this summer?” ask Alicia, “I thought arranged marriages were outlawed in Britain around twelve ninety.”
“They were in most of muggle Britain. Only the royal family still does it in the muggle world. In the magical world it’s mainly the wealthy families. Mom is dad or granddad the head of house?”
“Your father is, why?”
“Well he is the one that Harry needs to have the betrothal talk with. From what I read when dad and Harry sat down they need to discuss a bridal price and what dad expects from the union. Remember this mom I really want this more than anything that I have asked for.”
“Hermione from what I remember about betrothal and arrange marriages are there for good. Not that Harry isn’t a fine young man, but are you sure?” said Alicia.
“Mom I am sure about this. Are you going to help me to convince dad to go along with this?”
“Yes I will.”
“Come on you two.” shouted George Granger.
“We are coming down now.” said Hermione as she grabbed he suitcase and headed downstairs.
At Potter Manor
Harry after putting away his things in the Master bedroom went to the head of house office on the fourth floor across from the magical library. Harry saw his grandparents and parents portraits.
“Mom dad I cannot tell you how much this means to me. I never knew what you looked like until I was eleven years old. So is this my grandparents?”
“Yes this is my dad Henry and my mother Dorea. Have you heard our wills and who were your advisors?”
“For my advisors they were my girlfriend’s parents. And I heard all four of your wills. Grandfather Do you know what year that you died on?”
“Yes it was nineteen hundred ninety-two. Your grandmother died around nineteen hundred eighty-seven. Why do you ask?”
“Do know if when you were alive did you try to get me? The wills of my parents said if Sirius couldn’t take me you were to get me.”
“Harry I tried from the day you parents died but was blocked by the chief Warlock of the Wizenagmot, which is also the headmaster of Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore.”
“How was Dumbledore able to block the will of the Most Ancient and the Most Noble house?” asked James
“I intend to find out on Tuesday in front of the full Wizenagmot. Do the Potter’s have any votes in that body?” asked Harry as he lend heavily into the chair.
Harry took a second to look around the office and noticed on wall had a complete family tree. Another wall had a closet with a gold handle. On the wall behind the desk was large picture of a griffin at flight.
“Harry yes we do have votes and you can claim them. I don’t know who has them in proxy.” said James
“Harry when you go into the Wizenagmot claim the Black votes also. I think the Malfoy’s took them proxy.” said Bella
“Harry the Granger’s are here.”
“Be right there. I need to guys to walk me through the procedure of the Wizenagmot later. Now I am going to go down to greet my girlfriend and her parents.”
“Harry waits one moment. Are you intending to make the young women your betrothed?” asked Lily.
“Yes why?”
“Then her room will be the mistress bedroom that is across from the master bedroom.” said Lily as Harry was heading out the office. Harry walked down the stairs to the main floor.
Harry said “Potter family head house elf, meet me in the main sitting room.”
Sign up to rate and review this story