Categories > Books > Harry Potter > inheirtance

dinner

by wizcollins 0 reviews

Harry and Hermione claims their family seats

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Harry - Published: 2011-03-18 - Updated: 2011-03-19 - 3862 words

0Cliche

Harry meets the Granger's and Remus in the sitting room. "Remus did you take their suitcases to their rooms yet?"
"No Harry I haven't, since I don't know where you want them." said Remus as an elf came into the room.
"Master I am Tipy. What can I's be doing for you?" asked Tipy the house-elf.
"First off, how were the elves treated under my family care?"
"We were treated better than most of our brethren. Where do you want I's to place the Granger's was it?"
"I want the Doctor Granger's in the right room off the stairwell on the second floor, and Hermione is to place in the mistress bedroom."
"But, master, she doesn't wear the betrothal ring."
"I want her there Tipsy and assign her a maid elf, and assign an elf to the Granger's. Now if you will follow Tipsy she will take you to your rooms and Hermione I will be in the office across from the library on the fourth floor if you and your father could meet me there after you get settled in." said Harry.
"Okay see you in a few Harry," said Hermione as she gave him kiss.
Harry headed up to his main office when he thought of something. His grandfather said he passed away back in either his first or second year, maybe the Headmaster set up some wards of his own to let him know when someone enter the manor. Harry entered the office and sat down in his chair.
"Grandfather, Remus said something about me setting the wards to me. Where is the ward stone?"
"Harry it is tradition for the new Lord Potter to find the ward stone on his own or only with the help of his intended. If you would have been living with me at the time of my death I would have had you bind the wards to you then" said the portrait of Henry Potter as Hermione and her father walked in the open door to the open office.
"Hermione in your Ancient Runes and Arithmancy classes did you cover ward stones and how to track them?"
"Yes we spent a month on it. Why do you ask?"
"Well my grandfather won't tell me where it's located. All he would say was I had to find it and the only help I could get is from my intended."
"Call Tipsy and have her bring my Ancient Runes and Arithmancy texts." said Hermione as two thick tombs appeared on the desk in front of her. Hermione quickly leafed through the book on runes. "Here it is Harry. It says to use your magic to find a family ward stone."
Harry straight out with his magic and it lead him to the painting of a griffin in flight. Harry gripped the corner of the painting and it swung open and Harry saw a magical safe.
"Harry the number is twenty- three, four, and six. When you open the safe tap the Potter seal on the inside and then set it to whatever you want.
"Well Hermione you said you want to be my Betrothed. Are you serious about it?"
"Yes I am."
"George and Hermione behind you are the portraits of my parents James and Lily, and my grandparents Henry and Bella. George first stage of betrothal contract is talking."
Henry's portrait said "George, are you the head of house?"
"Yes I am."
"What is your idea on the bridal price?" asked Harry.
"Bridal prices are outlawed in Britain. So are arranged marriages."
"They are in muggle Britain, but in magical Britain they are still allowed."
"Okay since you are going to go through with this. What is the tradition amount?" asked George looking at the portraits.
"Ten thousand galleons is traditionally the legal the amount." said Henry.
"Harry your accountant is here to talk to you, he found something."
"Send him in. Please stay I want your opinion. Welcome Griphook to the Ancient home of the Potter Family. Peace is on you."
"May your gold never run out Milord? After you left my office I took the chance and contacted the Granger Family Accountant Axepick since you said your companions were Granger's. Is Lady Hermione Jane Granger here?
"I am right here."
"Milady myself and your goblin accountant found an illegal betrothal contract on you for the sixth son of the house of Weasley. Is this your signature or house crest?"
"No they are not of mine. And Dumbledore is not my legal magical guardian, and that is who signed it. My parents asked Professor M. McGonagall to be my magical guardian when she came to explain the letter before my first year at Hogwarts. Since they didn't trust someone they hadn't even met to take responsibility of me. Can I annul this contract?"
"Yes you can. I also brought your head of house ring" said Griphook. "Now Lord Potter I went over detail account of your accounts. Since your parents and grandparents death Dumbledore under the reuse of your magical guardian he moved over ten million galleons from the Potter Family Vault."
"Wait my grandfather has only been dead for a year. How was he able to move that much?"
"We believed that he vetted a goblin to help him" said Griphook
"Why is there no bridal price from the Weasley Family?" asked Hermione as she put on the ring.
"Simply they don't have the amount that the ministry requires for the bridal price."
"Then I claim the Betrothal Contract for Hermione Jane Granger and Ronald Bilius Weasley non- involved."
"Lord Potter here is everything that I found." said Griphook handing two thick folders to Harry "Good Day Lord Potter." With that, the goblin left.
"The Bridal price laws were signed into law in the year of eighteen hundred forty- five. The only time the minimum price was ever waived was for the year after your parents were murdered." said the portrait of Henry Potter.
"Then why was the Weasley allowed to ignore the bridal price?" asked Hermione.
"Hermione who signed it?" asked Harry looking over the contract the headmaster signed for him "Wait why did he list one million for the bridal price and the complete family Grimore?"
"Harry the law says that ten thousand is the base price and only if you are getting betrothed to someone of your status or above your status do you add extra if you are the groom. If the bride is in a family over three tiers below the groom then it is just the base price." said Henry.
"The headmaster signed as my magical guardian. Wait it was filled out and signed last year during my stint in the hospital wing the second time. Professor McGonagall is my magical guardian unless she signed it over to the headmaster once she got back to the castle."
"I have an idea. How about we put the Weasley's on notice? We get the Weasley's and McGonagall over for supper and put the fear of Merlin in the Weasley's." said Harry as he grabbed two pieces of parchment and wrote a letter. "Tipsy could you take these letters to the Weasley Family and Professor McGonagall at Hogwarts."
"Yes master."
"Harry what is your plan?"
"I invited both the Weasley's and our head of house at Hogwarts to a formal dinner and then while we are having after dinner drinks we confront them. I know that Mrs. Weasley will try and put Ginny in your spot at the table. This is how the table will be set up. Myself at the head of the table. Beside me, Hermione on my right. Alicia on my left; and George at the foot of the table. Now Tipsy is there any sets of Lady of the house robes?"
"Yes master and there are also sets of Master of the house robes in your room. If you will go to your room I will have your ballet meet you so he can fit them. Mistress I will have Blinky meet you to do your fitting." said Tipsy as she came into the room then she saw the Granger Family ring and the Potter Family Betrothal ring on "Milady I am sorry for my outburst earlier about you being in the mistress' room."
Harry and Hermione walked upstairs to the Master and Mistress bedrooms, and found two elves waiting on them. They then went to their own rooms. Harry walked into his room along with Dibby. Dibby already had a three legged stool in the middle of the room.
"Master please get on the stool and put this robe on." said Dibby handing his master a red and gold robe with a crest on the left breast pocket, and gold Griffins on the sleeves. "Master tomorrow I will fit your Wizengamot Robes. I am done Master."
"Master one of your guests is has arrived. Professor McGonagall and a guest are in the sitting room." said Tipsy.
"Please bring them to my office, I need to talk to her before the Weasley's get here, and have Hermione meet us. Thanks Tipsy." said Harry as he stepped off the stool and headed to the door. Hermione walked out of her room in a burgundy and silver robe. "Did Tipsy tell you that McGonagall is here?"
"Yes she did. She told me you asked for her to be brought up to your office. Let's go." said Hermione taking Harry's hand in her own. Together they went back to the head of house office and sat down as the professors McGonagall and Flitwick were escorted in by Tipsy.
"Mr. Potter what is this about?" asked Professor McGonagall.
"Well Professor, Hermione told me that her parents asked you to be her magical guardian. Did you turn it over to the headmaster?"
"No I did not. Why do you ask Mr. Potter?"
"Because of this Professor." said Harry handing his Hogwarts head of house a piece of parchment.
Professor Minerva McGonagall saw it was a betrothal contract for her ward and Ronald Bilius Weasley.
On this date; March twenty-third nineteen hundred ninety-two. I, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, the Magical Guardian of one Hermione Granger, muggle born into this betrothal contract to one Ronald Bilius Weasley. This contract is to be carried out by her twenty-first birthday. The bride price is none.
Sign: Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore (Magical Guardian)
Sign: Arthur William Weasley, Molly Prewett Weasley (Parents) (Head of House of Weasley)
"This is the one he made for me back when my parents died." said Harry handing his teacher a second piece of parchment
On this date: November Second Nineteen hundred eighty. I, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, the Magical Guardian of one Harry James Potter, half-blood into this betrothal contract to one Ginny Molly Weasley. This contract is to be carried out by his sixteenth birthday. The bride price is to be set at one million galleons and the complete family Grimore.
Sign: Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore (Magical Guardian) (Head of House Dumbledore)
Sign: Arthur William Weasley, Molly Prewett Weasley (Parents) (Head of House of Weasley)
"Well Harry the way that the headmaster wrote yours and Ms. Weasley is between house Dumbledore and house Weasley. Not house Potter and house Weasley. Harry, how are you two handling this?" asked McGonagall, "It's common practice for equal or above tiers to call you by your first name. Mr. Potter another way your betrothal contract is illegal, is because when it is written your head of house was still alive and therefore you did not need a magical guardian. So well we are either here or in private you can address me as Minerva."
"Master your other guest has arrived." said Tipsy, "I placed them in the langue. There are only six red heads."
"Thanks Tipsy tell the cook I want the meal on the table in about ten minutes okay."
"Yes master."
"Let's go down to them. As far as I know they don't know that we know about the contracts so the plan is dinner then afterwards we confront them." said Harry leading the foursome downstairs to the langue.
"Ah Arthur I hope you found the truth about the outburst earlier on the platform."
"I did Milord" said Arthur noticing the Potter head of house ring on Harry's hand. "Molly still believes Ron and Ginny. But I talked to Fred and George and their girlfriends and they all side the same thing that you two got together at Hogwarts and Ron blew up at you. Then I used my authority as head of house on Ron and Ginny and they then told me the truth that they never told you two that they had feelings for you. On behalf of the house Weasley I apologize to the Lord Potter head of house Potter."
"I accept the apology from the house Weasley. Dinner should be on the table now." said Harry taking Hermione by the hand and leading the group to the dining room. Once there Harry pulled out the chair for Hermione right beside the head of house chair at the head of the table. George Granger pulled out a chair for his wife beside his at the foot of the table. Mrs. Weasley tried to put Ginny on Harry's left.
"Ginny take your set in the betrothal seat since you are his betrothed." said Mrs. Weasley.
"Actually she isn't my betrothed. Arthur you are the head of house let me ask you a question. Say Ronald got married and had a son, and something happened to him and his wife and that son lived but went to live with her family. You are still alive, and someone tries to claim magical guardian of that child and enter them into a betrothal contract. Is that contract legal?"
"No it isn't. Why do you ask Harry?"
"Well the headmaster has entered me into a betrothal contract a mere two days after my parents were murdered, while my grandfather was still alive. My grandfather just pasted away last year. So therefore only my father and grandfather could enter me into a contract. So the contract that Molly signed with Dumbledore is at least voided in concern to house Potter. Now let's enjoy this wonderful meal that my elves cooked." said Harry with the authority of head of house. The meal had fried potatoes, grilled chicken, snow peas, bread and butter, and spiced pumpkin juice. After the meal Harry said, "Let's go into my downstairs office, and discuss this and a few more things. Hey, Lupin, why don't you take Fred and George upstairs and introduce them to my father's portrait."
"Are you sure you want to do that, Harry?" asked Lupin.
"Yes Moony, I am."
As the trio headed upstairs the rest of group heard the twins ask their old teacher a bunch of questions.
"Now Mrs. Weasley how did you come up with the price of a million galleons and my family Grimore? The law states that unless the groom is marring someone of his ranking or higher than his ranking, then the bride price is only allowed to be set at ten thousand galleons or a copy of selection of the family Grimore."
"Since the Potter's always gives more than any other family gives."
Harry saw his grandfather in a portrait on the wall. "Grandfather, what is the average bridal price that the Potter gives for the bridal price?"
"Well, Harry my father gave Bella's parents twenty-five thousand. My grandfather gave thirty thousand for my mother. So the average is no more than forty thousand and never a million galleons for a bridal price."
"Another thing we found was a betrothal contract that was between Hermione Granger and Ronald Bilius Weasley, and no bridal price. From what I read the last time the Weasley's were able to sign a betrothal contract for one of your sons was over two hundred years ago. That year the ministry for magic put a pack on the Weasley Family can never put a contract out for their sons after one tried to trap a tier three witch in a contract."
"The Ministry of Magic will accept the contract between a muggle born and a pure blood." said Mrs. Weasley in a tuff.
"Except Hermione Jane Granger is not a muggle born, but a half blood since her father and grandfather are squibs. Hermione is the head of the Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Granger; a tier two house. She even bears the head of house ring. The betrothal contract that you signed with the headmaster has three major things that void the contract. The first thing is the headmaster listed Hermione as a muggle born. The second thing the headmaster was not Hermione's magical guardian but Professor M. McGonagall is. The third thing is there is no bridal price. Now onto the contract at least Molly signed with the headmaster. The first thing, the time frame when it was signed my head of house which was my grandfather who was still alive. The second thing was the bridal price was listed as one million galleons and a copy of my family Grimore. The third thing was the date it was to be carried out was on my sixteenth birthday. As a lord of the Most Ancient and the Most Noble House of Potter I marry when I want. Not when I am told to. We both have claimed our rights as the last magical heirs of these great houses. We both voided the contracts. If I were to inform the ministry of this what do you think they would do?"
"They would fire me, and tell Percy that they won't hire him. Then they would tell the goblins to fire Bill which the goblins would do what they want. Our ministry would tell the dragon handlers to fire Charlie, but he is under the Romania's ministry control. Then they would take everything of ours and give it to you." said Arthur to the group.
"You don't have to say what you think this upstart wants to hear." shouted Molly at her husband.
"Molly that so called 'upstart' is the head of a family that was using magic when your family was selling off their daughter's for a better way of life. His family was owning land, and making laws back when it was only a very select few doing that. Molly your family started using magic right after the witch trial of the third century. The Potter family went through every witch hunting that England has ever had. Molly, since they got off the train all you have done has been trying starting a fight with Lord Potter and Lady Granger. As of right now I am invoking the patriarchal will, and I am ordering you to shut up and listen for a change. I apologize for my wife and for Ronald Bilius, and Ginny Molly."
"Arthur as of right now I am not going to turn this in to the DMLE, because I still have some respect for Fred and George and you. But Molly if I find out that you remove any of the money, I will turn you over to the goblins. Tipsy please tell Misters Weasley that their parents are ready to leave."
"Yes master."
After the Weasley family left through the floo network Professor McGonagall spoke, "You handled that like your grandfather would have."
"Professor last year when my grandfather passed away why was I not notified?"
"The headmaster told us that he would tell you." said Professor McGonagall.
"My parents and grandparents will state that I was to have the heir apparent ring at the age of eleven. The way I understand it I was to start going to Wizengamot with my grandfather to learn the ropes. My grandfather will state that since he passed away I was to get the head of house ring at the age of thirteen. Every other muggle born or raised student was met and introduced to the magical world by a member of the teaching staff. I am a muggle raised and Hagrid was sent to take me shopping and to introduce back into the magical world."
"The day the headmaster told us that he took you to Diagon Alley and told you about your inheritance I was at the Granger's. If I would have known that Hagrid was taking you, I would have met you there and took over the introduction. How did Hagrid tell you about your money?"
"Enough for a couple of terms. We will keep the rest of it safe for you. When you took Hermione and her parents to the alley; did you recommend any books beside what was listed on the book list for the term?"
"Yes I did. I recommend three books, and they were. So you found out you are magical, so what to do with your powers now that you wised up. The second one was; the wizarding world and you. And the final one was a study of wizarding tradition. I have recommended those three books for every first generation witch or wizard since I started teaching. Harry the school charter states that if any of the ancient and noble, or ancient, or noble families ever become only one member, and they are muggle raised, then it falls to the headmaster, headmistress, or deputy headmaster or headmistress to 'collect them' so to speak. When the headmaster sent Hagrid to 'collect you' he broke the charters bylaws."
"What does the charter say about the heirs of the founders?" ask Harry.
"The charter says that if more than one direct heir is in the school together then they supersede the board of governs, and the headmaster over all matters of interest of the school. Why do you ask?"
"I was just wondering. Since I know one in Ravenclaw is a direct and primary heir of a founder. I am the primary and direct heir of Gryffindor."
"May I ask you who in Ravenclaw is the founder heir and which founder are they related to?" ask Filius.
"Her last name is Lovegood, and through her father she is related to Helga Hufflepuff. I know more than likely Hermione is at least the magical heir of Ravenclaw. I am the blood heir of Gryffindor and the heir, by right of conquest, of Slytherin."
"So for in fact we have technically three heirs at Hogwarts at once. This hasn't happened since the founders controlled Hogwarts. So what are you two going to do for your summer?"
"Well I am going to get a crash course in the Wizengamot. Tuesday I make my first speech in front of the Wizengamot. For the rest of the summer I will be working on homework along with my beautiful girlfriend, and learning how to run a house and estate." said Harry, "Can you both come to the Wizengamot meeting that is on Tuesday?"
"If there is no additional security stopping people from entering we will be there. Have a good evening." said Professor McGonagall heading to the fireplace, and they left Potter Manor within green fire.
Sign up to rate and review this story