Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > But Its Better if You Do

Ladies and gentlemen, we proudly present, a picturesque score of passing fantasy.

by holding_heaven 3 reviews

they meet.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-05-14 - Updated: 2006-05-14 - 1140 words

-1OOC
I squinted as I stared out into the crowd. The lights were so bright that I could scarcely make out tat anyone was actually there, and that made me uneasy. How was I supposed to identify with an audience I couldn't see?
"Can we turn the house lights down please?" I asked into the mic in my right hand. The man in the light booth was happy to oblige and he lowered the lights enough for me to see every face in the front row clearly.
"Thanks, that's much better. I can see you guys. Ok, so. .I just wanted to say.." before I could finish I saw her. Front row, brown hair, and a very petty smile. She looked very excited to be there; she must've been a Fall Out Boy fan. No one got that excited to see Panic! At the Disco. Ryan, panics guitarist, leaned over and whispered to me,
"Dude you planning on finishing up sometime tonight?" it occurred to me then that id probably been standing there for quite some time to prompt this comment from him.
"Sorry. Anyway. Like I was saying I just wanted to say that without you guys, we wouldn't be here. And that'd suck. So thanks. Now I know you guys have been waiting to hear this one so here it is: this is 'I write sins, not tragedies.'" The crowd cheered as the opening chords began and the song was underway.
Some time later we found Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy, or tour mates, riffling through our dressing room.
"Ahem, may we help you Pete?" Ryan asked flopping down on the worn out brown couch just inside the door.
"Yes, yes you may. I was hoping that I could borrow you ipod charger, Brendon, as I seem to have misplaced mine. I would be most appreciative." He said turning to face us.
"Certainly. But its not here, its on the bus. Follow me."
We made our way to "bus world" as peter so often referred to it. The Panic! bus was black with silver and red accents. When wed first gotten it id taken tons of pictures of it because it was out first ever tour bus and I was proud. Now I could hardly stand o look at it. Not that I dint love touring, but after four months in it, give or take a few weeks, I was absolutely elated that this was our last show in panics hometown of Las Vegas. Once we were on the bus, I went straight to the back and unplugged my ipod charger. Handing it to Pete he asked, "Were you ok on stage tonight?"
"Yeah.why?"
"You just seemed.. I dunno...distracted before ' I write sins' is all."
"I know. There was this girl in the front row. I saw her and she was.."I tried to explain but he cut me off.
"Beautiful? So beautiful that she made you forget to breathe?"
"Yeah. Like I know that corny, but I saw her and forgot to exhale ya know?"
"Yeah I do. I know the feeling. its exactly how I felt when I saw Jenae for the first time." He said referring to his fiancé back home. Just this small thought brought an ear to ear grin to his face and for the millionth time I wished I had someone that would invoke such emotion in me.
" I'm happy for you guys dude. Jealous, but happy all the same." I said. Pete laughed at this and put an arm around my shoulder father/son style.
"Lemme tell you something Brendon, it'll happen for you, and when I does she's gonna be ten times better than Anna ever was, I swear. You'll be happy again. The heart does heal. It doesn't forget, but it heals. Remember you can't make it to the top until you've hit rock bottom. You're rock bottom. Now you've got nowhere to go but up." With that little musing he was gone. That's how Pete Wentz gave advice tough' by saying something that had absolutely nothing to do with your situation unless you looked at it from an abstract point of view. Everything with Pete was abstract and still is.
As I walked off of the bus, I heard a crash coming form the dumpsters in the corner.
"Hello?" I inquired into the darkness. Carefully I approached the dumpsters and heard a rattling amongst the garbage bags. A girl's head poked up over the edge and it was her: Ms. Lovely from the front row.
"Hi?" I greeted unsure of what to say.
"Hi." She responded.
" What are you doing?" I questioned.
"Jumping the fence." She said matter-of-factly. I looked up at the fence. It was at least 6 feet tall and she was quite a small girl.
" That's a mighty big fence."
"Nothing I can't handle obviously." she began. "Excuse me." I stepped back a bit and she hopped out of the dumpster backwards. In doing so she lost her footing and fell into me. I set her back on her feet gently.
"Sorry about that." She apologized
"Its nothing I can't handle obviously. So you're a Fall Out Boy fan huh?" I asked
"Yes, actually, but that's not why I jumped the fence."
" Really? May I inquire as you why you id then?"
"You."
" You're a Panic! fan?"
" No. What's a Panic?"
" Panic! At the Disco. It's my band. We played tonight. I saw you in the front row."
"Oh.. well, I've never even heard of you guys until tonight, however I saw you through the bars on your way back to the bus and I just thought you were deliciously adorable and I had to introduce myself."
"Deliciously adorable huh? That'd me the first time I've ever heard that. Thank you."
"You're welcome. I'm Honor." So perfection had a name, and it was Honor.
"That's quite a lovely name. I'm Brendon." I held out a hand and she shook it. At that moment I noticed she had a smudge of dumpster goop on her cheek and I laughed.
"What?" she asked. Without saying a word I lifted my towel from my back pocket to her face and wiped the smudge away gently.
"Oh. Thanks." She grinned a tad embarrassed. In later recollections of this meeting, she would swear she wasn't embarrassed, but I know she was.
"Well Honor, now that you're cleaned up, would you like to go get some coffee or something?" I asked. Later I would find out that she lived a couple of hours away in Ripley, Nevada and that by keeping her out she would inevitably miss work as it was already nearly 1 am.
" Sure. You choose the spot."
" Ok. I know a cute little place about a block from here. Do you mind walking?"
" I don't mind at all."
Sign up to rate and review this story