Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > But Its Better if You Do

And isn't this exactly where you'd like me?

by holding_heaven 9 reviews

Coffee?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-05-16 - Updated: 2006-05-16 - 1060 words

-1OOC
The best coffee in Vegas was easily found at Slice of Heaven, a diner about two blocks away from the house I grew up in. They're supposed to be famous for their pie, but the coffee is definitely where its at. "Brendon its good to se you again! I had no idea you were back in town." Our waitress Holly said coming over to take our order.
"Well this is the first place I've been. My first night back." Holly and me went way back.
"I see. Who's this?" she questioned raising an eyebrow.
"This is my, uh, friend Honor. Honor this is Holly." I introduced.
"Holly huh? Nice to meet you." She shook Holly's hand and smiled.
"Likewise. What can I get the two of you?" Honor picked up the menu.
"You don't need that. Its all up here." I said pointing to my head. She raised an eyebrow.
"Do you want pie?" they have lemon, apple, cherry, and blueberry." I told her. She chuckled a bit.
"I'll take a cup of coffee and a slice of lemon pie please." Holly scribbled down the order and looked at me. "Cup of decaf and a slice of blueberry pie la mode?" she asked and I nodded in agreement. Holly left to get our orders.
"How long have you been coming here?" Honor questioned.
"Since.. junior high I guess. I live about 2 blocks away."
"Ah. I've been here a couple of times. I never get pie or coffee though; I always get a tuna sandwich on toasted rye and a diet coke. But I'm not in Vegas often."
"Oh, you're from outta town?" I asked.
"Yeah. I live in Ripley." Because id grown up in Vegas, I knew exactly where she was talking about.
"Ah, a Small Town Girl huh?"
"Something like that Big City Boy." I chuckled. There was just something about her that I couldn't put my finger on. Something that intrigued me in every sense of the word. Holly returned with our coffee." The pie'll be up in a sec." She said.
"Thanks." Honor replied and I couldn't help but crack an "atta-girl" smile. She picked up the sugar ad poured some in followed by a generous amount of creamer from the little pitcher. I watched her stir the coffee slowly, transfixed on here every move. When she was satisfied with the stirring, she picked up the mug and lightly blew on its contents before sipping it cautiously. He placed the mug back down and smiled. "Well aren't you going to drink yours?" she questioned
"Oh yeah." I blurted out. Without taking my eyes off of her I grabbed the cream, poured it, and replaced it on the table. Next I grabbed the sugar-or rather what I thought was the sugar-still without removing my gaze from her. I picked up my mug after stirring and took a gulp. "Eh." I exclaimed sticking my tongue out.
"I thought you recommended the coffee here." She said.
"Usually I do, but I think I just put salt in mine instead of sugar. Bleh." Honor erupted in laughter and even I had to chuckle at my own stupidity.
"I'm sorry. I'm usually not this scatterbrained." I apologized.
"You're fine. Everyone has those days." Holly arrived with our pie just then. "Holls, can I get a new cup of coffee please?" I asked.
"You've got a full cup there, What's wrong with it?" she inquired taking my mug.
"I put.. Um.. Salt in it." I confessed. This produced volumes of laughter from Holly the likes of which I'd never heard before.
"I knew you were nervous when you walked through the door, but salt? Oo.Brendon.You're too much." she said.
"Nervous? Psh. Watchu talking 'bout holls? I am not nervous. What's there to be nervous about?
"Oh, you know. I'll be right back with that coffee Bren."

The rest of our pie was uneventful. We chatted about our friends and about my family. I told her about the tour and then I realized it was nearing 4 am. " We should get going. I still have to walk you to your car at the venue, an you've got quite a drive ahead of you." I said finally. It was the hardest thing I've ever said in my life.
"Yeah you're right." She agreed.

The walk to the venue was so silent it made me nervous. Nervous that I had said or done something wrong. I was always saying or doing something wrong. We reached her car, a periwinkle dodge neon, and she leaned against it. "This is it." She said. I didn't like hearing it. It was as if reaching her car was so final. Like id never see her again.
"Nice car." I said.
"Thanks."
"Look, Ripley is quite a long ay and if you'd like to stay at my house you're more than welcomed to." I offered.
" Thanks, but I have to be at work early. In like three hours." She remarked looking at her watch.
"Ok. Well, you have my number."
" And you have mine."
"And I have yours. So between the two of us, I suppose we should hear from each other tomorrow at least, right?"
"Absolutely."
"Alrighty then."
" I had a wonderful time. Thanks for the pie, I could've paid, but I appreciate it."
" I had fun too. And its no problem, this was a date after all."
"It was?" oh no. She hadn't thought f it as a date and now I looked like an idiot.
" I mean. Was it?" Honor giggled.
"Sure. You know what that means though?"
"What?"
"It means you deserve this." She leaned forward and stood on her tiptoes to kiss my cheek ever so softly. "You were a very good date." She said.
" Oh. Well, thank you. You weren't so bad yourself." I joked.
"Good night Brendon Urie."
"Good night Honor...I don't know your last name Honor."
"Lanciotti. Honor Lanciotti."
"Well, good night Honor Lanciotti. Until we meet again."
"Until we meet again." She got in her car and pulled out of the parking lot. I watched until her car was no longer visible and then decided to call Ryan to give me a ride. As I pulled out my sidekick to call him I couldn't shake the feeling that that night had started something. What it was remained to be seen.
Sign up to rate and review this story