Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Laceration Gravity p1

Laceration Gravity p2

by dArDeViL 1 review

Skyler feels way in over her head when she agrees to a pairing up with Frankie. She is forced to confront a part of her past she wants to forget and what will the guys say when they see her and Fra...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-01-07 - Updated: 2011-01-08 - 2660 words

0Unrated
When we made it to Mikey’s house it was beautiful. It was two stories and had a nice lawn.

As the front door opened I felt so included and like I’ve been coming here forever. It was a great feeling. Family.

“Hey, guys, look what we brought home,” Frank announced as we entered the living room.

I was met with the three other pairs of eyes. By the looks of them they were most likely out of high school.

“Guys, this is Skyler- she’s new here,” Mikey stated.
“Nice to meet you, Sklyer,” a guy with black, scruffy hair greeted me.
“You too umm…” I trailed of gently.
“Oh, that’s my brother, Gerard, or Gee,” Mikey retorted.
“Also known as the vocalist of our band that I’m sure my brother has told you about,” Gee replied.
“Yeah, he has,” I confirmed with a nod.

Another guy stood up and he had crazy but awesome looking brown Afro hair.

“It’s nice to meet you Skyler. I’m Ray and also the lead guitarist of the band.”
“Yeah, rub it in,” I heard Frank mutter.
“Nice to meet you too,” I responded timidly. “I like your hair,” I added.
“Thanks,” he said, smiling.
“And I’m Bob,” the last guy replied, “the drummer.”

I nodded and looked at the TV screen and PS3 they were previously huddled around before I came Frank, Mikey, and I arrived.

“Resident Evil Five?” I inquired happily. I loved video games and this was my favorite one.
“What do you know about RE5?” Frank inquired as he put his arm around me.

I shuddered in voluntarily but he didn’t seem to notice. I wasn’t used to physical contact.

“Way too much,” I retorted proudly. “I beat it five times on normal mode and twice on professional.”
The guys all gaped at me.
“No way,” they chorused in awe.
“You’re looking at a video game master,” I informed them with a wide smile.
“Show us your skills, Obi Wan,” Ray said as he handed me a PS3 controller.

The hours flew by and soon it was dark. The guys were so great, and accepting.

Frank, at some point, stood up and began playing music from a stereo.
He sat back down nest to me and I started singing the lyrics to the song that emanated from the stereo.

“You know them?” Frank asked incredulously.
“Hell yeah! The Misfits are amazing!”
Frank stared intently at me for one full second before deciding on something. “I love you,” he said contentedly.
“Yeah, I mean, you’re a video game extraordinaire AND you know about one of our favorite bands as a group,” Gee added cheerfully. “Where did you come from?”
I shrugged and replied, “Newark. We have a reputation for crime and dirty dancing.”

I was slightly joking but Frank didn’t think so.

“Do you want to dance now?” he questioned eagerly.
“Uh,” I stalled, glancing around the room and the rest of the guys, “you mean like here and now?”
No, no, no! my brain screamed. Not alone.
“Yeah,” Frank replied, “you can dance with me as a partner or something.”

This time I glanced even more anxiously around the room and looked at the rest of the guys. From the looks of it, they seemed just as uneasy as I was.

Dancing used to be a part of my life, but that was a long time ago. It wasn’t an aspect I wanted to remember. Yet, it was still something that would stay with me whether I wanted it to or not.

“Frank, uh, I don’t think-,” Gee began.
“You don’t have to, Skeye,” Mikey cut it.

I smiled at Mikey and his wanting to help me out.

“Yeah.” Frank shrugged. ”If you can’t then you don’t have too,” he responded simply.
That did it.
“Who said I can’t?” I inquired angrily. “I could dance circles around you.”
“Or with me,” Frank retorted with a huge smirk.
“Fine. We choose a song from my play list and you follow my lead.”
Frank nodded swiftly.
“Follow me and we’ll come up with a routine.”

Frank smiled and glanced back at the guys expectantly.

“Uh- okay, you two can use the room farthest on the left at the end of the hallway,” Gee stated. “That’s out guest room.”

I nodded and dragged Frank along with me. If he wanted a dance partner then he had one. I never backed down from a challenge.

I pulled my ipod put of my pocket and showed it to Frank whose eyes lit up like an excited kid in a candy store.

My song selection must have surprised him. I did have a varying range of eccentric artists.

“This one!” Frank said showing me a hard-rock metal genre song.
“No,” I retorted simply.
He frowned and asked, “Why not?” He was disappointed.
“We can’t dance to that,” I said sternly.
“But why?” he repeated.
“Because it’s not a dancing song. It’s anger music.”
“Fine, you choose a song then,” Frank muttered as he handed my ipod back to me.

I looked through a different genre and smiled as some familiar titles aught my eyes.

I used to listen to this type of music all the time- fifth grade mostly. It was the trend and at the time I followed them, used to live by the code and follow it to a tee. Other than that, I knew way too many dance moves, some I probably shouldn’t even know but were already engraved inside my head. Overall, I was only worried that Frankie wouldn’t like this type of music.

“Ah! I found it,” I exclaimed, turning up the volume and playing the song.
“What is this?” Frank asked as he heard it.
“It’s your chance to show everyone you can dance.”
“And yours,” he added. I rolled my eyes. “Who’s it by?”
“Nelly Furtado featuring Timbaland,” I stated nonchalantly.
“What’s the name of the song?”
I stalled before I gave it away the title, “Promiscuous.”
“Ooh! I like where this is going,” Frankie said with a huge smile on his too cute face.
“Not even,” I stated firmly, my tone nearly lethal.
“Yes, dance teacher, whatever you say.”

I smiled and hooked the ipod to some speakers and blared the music.

“Get into the beat. Sway to the music,” I instructed while also doing it at the same time.
Frank nodded and followed my rhythm.
“Got it,” he replied as he began moving in beat with the music.
“Alright. Step, step, step,” I said, pushing his body into a new position and dance move.
His face became easily distorted as he observes me.
“Wait, what?” Frank asked, obviously confused.
I said and said, “Okay look” as I placed him into position and instructed him into new steps. “First like this, then like this,” I stated carefully as I did the move with him.
“Are we starting the routine this way?”
“Mhm.”

I restarted the song and made Frankie stand with his hands in his pockets while I put one of my hands on his chest. My plan was to start off with both of together, then freak off to do our own thing- only coming together every song and then- that’s just how the song worked.

“Relax, Frank,” I retorted as we got into our starting positions. “You have to make it look sexy and believable.”
“I’m trying,” he retorted, frustrated.
“Ready?” I asked cautiously.
“You bet,” he replied, sounding more confident.

I nodded and restarted the song once more.

This time we were able to get it done right. “Yay! Now we just need to add a few more steps and different moves.”

We continued practicing for several more minutes and so I was able to make a solid routine. And on top of that, Frank also contributed some cool ideas.

There was a part in the song where Frank actually had to pick me up from the waist while he has behind me and slightly lift me up into the air while spinning me. It was kind of hard to explain straight away but Frank and I were able to make it work without any complications. He was a very strong partner. I, at first, thought he’d complain but he did the exact opposite.

“You’re so light,” he commented when he first picked me up. “Let’s add a lift!” he added excitedly not too long after picking me up.
“Alright, we’re almost sharp enough to perform. One more run through should do it,” I explained professionally, taking my cue from past dance teacher’s.

For this dance routine I had to completely transform my look: appearance, clothing, and attitude, as well as Frank’s. He had the attitude and appearance right. He fit right into character.

All I had to do was ruffle his hair and change his wardrobe.

I made him put on a baggy hoodie with a silver chain. He already on the black bottoms. I just made him sag a little and remove his belt. I then had to un-tuck his white button up shirt so that it was still viewable over the hoodie.

When I was finished with Frank’s attire I took a step back and smiled. All I had to do now was remove his black and red striped tie and wear it with my black button up top. But, that wasn’t the only task I had to take care of for me to be fully done with redoing my appearance.

In order to make the routine more believable, my outfit had to be way more revealing, something I didn’t want to do. In the back of my mind, though, I could hear a voice telling me ‘If you don’t to give all your effort into this performance, don’t even go on stage. It’s all or nothing.’ So with a sigh, I decided I had better just play the role than make a fool of myself.

“Looks like you’re all ready to go, Frank,” I responded, giving him a final run over.
“What about you?”
“Uh- don’t worry about me.”
“You are going to change, right?” he asked cautiously.
“Alright, fine.” I sighed in defeat. “Turn around!” I commanded.
“Okay…” Frank replied skeptically.

I got the process over with as quick as I could. I unbuttoned my shirt’s top few buttons to reveal a little cleavage while loosening the tie so it’d still fir the shirt. And, no, I wasn’t a slut, nor did I go around dressing or doing things like this on a regular basis. I just needed the routine to be a success and actually believable.

My next step of fixing my shirt was to roll the bottom of it a little ways up to show off my stomach and then tie it off to the side.

I glanced in the mirror and was very pleased with myself. Since I was already wearing my faded gray skinny jeans, I was set to go. Too bad I hadn’t worn my red and black skirt today but that thing was lethal to guys’ eyes and today had been a cold one.

“Are you ready yet?” Frank asked curiously with his hands now in his pockets.
“Um, sure,” I retorted timidly, scared how he’d react to my makeup that I redone, hairstyle, and overall appearance.

I was so worried about how I looked in my own mind’s eye and how the guys would react once they saw me that I hadn’t realized Frankie had already turned around and had his eyes glued to me.

“Whoa,” he said in awe, looking me up and down.
I knew the look he was giving me all too well- lust.

When his eyes wandered back to toward my torso I snapped my fingers so he’d be forced to look back into my face instead of my chest.

“What?” he asked completely dazed.
“Do I look okay?” I asked seriously. “Like, do you think the others will freak?”
“No. You look so hot,” he marveled.
At that you had to contain the blush you knew wanted to spread across your cheeks.
“Um- thanks. I guess.”

Frank smiled and put his hands on my shoulders, once again making me shudder. And once again he seemed oblivious to anything.

“It’ll work out fine, Skeye. We can do this. You’re amazing,” he replied sweetly.

Frank’s look told me that he couldn’t wait for this routine so I felt I had to add boundaries and clarifications now- loud and clear.

“Remember, Frankie, we’re only doing this once. This whole dance routine and the partnering of you and me is a one-time only gig.”
“Yeah, yeah, I know,” Frank mumbled, obviously impatient and annoyed.

I smiled and nodded. We were now ready to perform.

Just then, we received a knock on the door.

“Are you two ready yet? It’s been an hour already.”
“Yes, we’re ready!” I called back.
“And we’re bringing sexy!” Frank added excitedly.
“Can I come in?” I recognized the voice as Bob’s and agreed.

He walked in and gaped at us.

“Wow,” he said, looking at me and how I was dressed- at least not so much in the way Frank had earlier, “Uh-umm-wh-what did you want me to introduce you guys as?” he inquired curiously.
“How about the-,”
“Sex Symbols!” Frank exclaimed, cutting me off.
“No!” I counter-argued. “Introduce us as the Dynamic Duo- it sounds better.”
Bob nodded to me before walking out of the room and back into the living room.
“I guess that works too,” Frank mumbled after a few moments of silence.
I then turned to glare at him.
“What?” Frank asked innocently.
I shook my head. “Never mind,” I groaned. “Just please don’t say that again.”

In all seriousness, I was glad Frank listened to me.

“Alright beautiful,” he responded gently, causing all of the blood to rush to my face.



“And now, introducing for the first and last time ever, the Dynamic Duo straight out of Jersey, Skyler and Frank.”
“Show time.” Frank smiled widely.
“Yeah,” I responded, nervous beyond words.

The butterflies in my stomach were flapping and my heart was racing. Once again I began to wonder how I was placed in this predicament- it seemed vaguely familiar to other experiences. I soon had my answer.

Pride. I was way too proud to walk away from a challenge and also peer pressure, for giving into Frank and letting his words get to me. And it was peer pressure that had caused my demise the first time around but after tonight never again would I let it get to me, let anyone else’s influence drive me to extreme measures.

“Hey,” Frank replied, sensing my nerves. “It’ll be okay. The guys are cool. They love you already it’s like we’ve known you forever. We’re going to be awesome and knock their sock off. And if we suck I’ll still love ya, okay? Promise. We can always laugh about it later. What do you say?”
“You’re absolutely right,” I agreed. “I say we give this performance the best we got.”

Frank smiled and kissed my cheek. Something I totally wasn’t expecting.

“For luck and to help your nerves,” he clarified when he saw my befuddled expression.

I smiled and Frank walked out of the room.

Soon after I then followed Frankie and noticed that he had stopped at the end of the hallway without stepping into the living room just yet, he was waiting for me.

“Ready?” he asked softly.
“I was born ready,” I remarked confidently.



[Hope this one was better]
Sign up to rate and review this story