Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Darkness Of Flashbacks

Hopeless Hope

by AlexandraSweden 2 reviews

Madison is back on Martha's with a mission.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2011-01-10 - Updated: 2011-01-10 - 1028 words - Complete

2Ambiance
- A silent song that's in your words -

May 22th, 2007

Madison swept her coat closer to her body as she stomped towards the plated and supervised outside of Martha's. She got closer to the the gate and was met by a smile from the concierge. He was a matronly man with bare spots on his head where his hair had started to fail him. "Welcome back Madison! Where have you been this past week?" he asked from his booth with a large window of plexi-glass. She smiled briefly and looked down upon the ground where the gravel had many different shades of grey and brown. "I've been sick. The flu." she lied. The concierge nodded and pushed the button which opened the gate. It slid open without a sound and Madison started to march towards the huge and pale pink building. "I have a runny nose. Maybe I'm also getting sick. What do you think?" the man asked before he realized that he was literally talking to the air. He turned his head to see a part of Madison's boot as she walked away. The tubby man shook his head and closed the gate again.

Madison stroked her hair in front of her face as she entered Martha's with her staff PIN-code. She held a low profile as her legs were headed towards Garth's, the boss', office. There were no signs of her being a part of the staff. She wore a plain black shirt, skinny blue jeans, black boots of smooth leather and a waist long jacket. The hair on her head was a dark mess and her face was blank. On Madison's way through the corridors she passed some of her colleagues. They didn't recognize the psychiatrist as her hair was blocking her face and just kept on going in their everyday hurry. Madison was just pleased that she hadn't had the misfortune of colliding with Micha.
Suddenly she saw something that caught her eye. It was the bald and absurdly tall guard Valentino who was guarding the corridor where Jared slept. He moved like a gorilla because of his swelling muscles. Madison noticed that they would pass each other in a matter of seconds, she also saw that they were all alone. She exhaled loudly and got ready to make a move which could possibly end in disaster.

The guard was just on his way to the canteen when he saw the shady girl with hair covering her face. Unsuspecting, he just continued walking. Valentino thought that she was probably a visitor who had got lost.

Madison jumped him when he got close enough. Normally, she wouldn't have a chance to even move the enormous guy an inch but the moment of surprise was in her favor. Madison had him with his back to the wall. Her hair had fallen away from her face to reveal her piercing hazel eyes. "Madison." Valentino breathed as his eyes got big as saucers. "Yeah. It's me. Can we go somewhere and talk?" the psychiatrist whispered barely audible. The guard walked a few steps to the side and opened a door which led to an old stairwell. The two humans got inside of it quickly and closed the door. The corridor was now completely empty.

Valentino sat down on the stair's landing and watched Madison pace the small space. "Where have you been?" the guard asked. She shrugged and sighed before she too sat down on the landing. "Here and there. I needed a break." she answered truthfully.
"How's Jared?" she then asked after a moment of silence. The coolness of the useless stair got through her jeans and gave her chills. Valentino looked at the ceiling and then back at Madison. "Not good at all." he stated. Madison jerked and her mouth hung slightly open. "What do you mean? Tell me everything!" she hissed with pain soaking her voice. Valentino huffed out a puff of air and started telling Madison about how Micha had been torturing him for three whole days.

"I can't believe it. I'm a monster." Madison said slowly after hearing Valentino's story. "You? A monster? I'm the monster here. It was me who landed those punches." Valentino interrupted before she had time to finish what she was trying to say. The psychatrist shook her head violently. It made her auburn hair look more like a total mess. "I gave up on him. If I would have stayed with him, he wouldn't be in this trouble."


"You have to get back on his case, Madison. The poor guy can only take that much. He is in a bad condition." the guard admitted and got up to his feet and went for the door. "I will do everything in my power to get him back." she replied and got up too. They exited the stairwell and went different directions. Valentino towards the canteen and Madison towards Garth's office.

When the jeans-clad female reached the door unseen, she gave it a light knock. "Come in!" Garth called. Madison opened the door. The man with thick rimmed glasses and thinning hair was staring down at his desk and his never-ending pile of paperwork. She coughed and his head snapped up. "Ivory!" he grinned and looked quite surprised as well. "I was wondering when you would come back."

Madison didn't even smile. She took a seat in front of the desk and crossed her legs. "Garth... I need the Leto-case back." Madison said coolly and stroked a strand of her messy hair behind her ear. The man smiled sadly and took his glasses off and polished them thoroughly with the sleeve of his shirt. "Micha is on the case now." he said shortly and put the clean glasses back on. Madison snorted and slammed her fist down at the desk. "That's insane! She doesn't even treat him like a human!" she growled loudly. Garth nodded slowly.
"I know she isn't. Are you free tonight?" he then asked. Madison was flummoxed by that question. "Yes, sure I am. But what does that matter?" she asked curiosly.

The boss licked his dry lips and grinned cheapishly. "I have an idea, Ivory."
Sign up to rate and review this story