Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Darkness Of Flashbacks

Nightly Visit

by AlexandraSweden 0 reviews

A visitor comes into Jared's room and gives him hope. Something extraordinary then happens.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2011-01-15 - Updated: 2011-01-15 - 1521 words - Complete

2Ambiance
- Here we are searching for a sign -

May 22th, 2007

The singer laid flat out in his highly uncomfortable bed. He was pale like a corpse and his skin had got a slightly green tone to it. His right leg hung outside the bed's side and dangled above the floor. The mangy blanket was lying in a mess on the dirty floor.
It was late afternoon and Jared was all done for the day. No more pain and no more torture, at least for a couple of hours. The sun was on its way down and painted the sky orange and red. Jared had been dreaming a lot lately. Dreams of being a tiny little bird. An uncomplicated creature with the power of taking off towards freedom anytime. Next stop: freedom and relief, only a couple flaps away.

He also dreamed about singing with his band one last time.
30 Seconds To Mars' final gig. Hundreds of screaming fans. Shannon's sweaty forehead and flexing muscles as he bangs the drums. Tomo and Matt rocking their instruments with an undying amount of passion. And then the microphone. The voice, the beat and the monster.

Jared's stomach was growling. The torn man hadn't eaten anything in two miserable days. Valentino had tried to get Jared to put food in his mouth but hadn't succeeded. Jared was running out of energy.
Jared hadn't taken a shower in what seemed like weeks either. He had dried blood in his face and smelled awful. The whole room had started to get a hint of his odor.
The singer's eyes were closed and he focused on a piece of lyric which he repeated in his head.

The door to his room, or cell, was being opened slowly. Jared automatically assumed that it was Valentino who was checking on him. The tingling smell of food then reached Jared's nostrils. It was a mighty pleasant smell. His stomach growled again and he could almost feel the acids turning inside of him.
Jared listened carefully when the steps from the newly opened door came closer to him. The steps were not as stomping and heavy as Valentino's steps. It was hard to pick out the sounds from the silence.
The person stopped beside the bed which Jared laid in. He could feel something pressing against the leg he had hanging outside the bed. The person breathed loudly.

Then the door creaked again. It was someone closing it. Jared's senses were on edge. "I'll tell you when it's safe to get out." Valentino said from the door before he shut it. If Valentino wasn't the one standing next to him, then who was it? Jared figured that it couldn't be Micha. She wouldn't just stand peacefully next to the bed. She would scream insults and force him to stand up.
Jared's muscles tensed, expecting the worst, and then he opened his eyes to look at the person who had brought food.

At first Jared couldn't believe his eyes. He blinked a couple of times, every time expecting her to be gone when his eyes fluttered open. To his delight, she stayed intact. It was confirmed. Madison was finally back.
All sorts of happy feelings rushed through Jared Leto. Relief, excitement, trust and plain joy. The first smile in days escaped his lips. Madison answered it briefly before looking at him with worry. She scowled and her grey eyes were sad. "Oh Jared..." she whispered and crouched down to pick Jared's right leg up. She placed it neatly next to his left leg on the hard and filthy mattress. Her touch sent chills along the singer's spine. "What have they done to you?"

Madison helped Jared into a sitting position and put the food on his lap. It was a bowl with smoking hot soup in it. "Please eat." she said and stared into Jared's thankful blue eyes. He grabbed the spoon and brought it to his mouth. He put the spoon against his lips and removed it again. The contents were too hot to just put into a mouth. It would burn him. Madison watched him and shook her head. "Give me it." she huffed and yanked the spoon out of Jared's hand. The psychiatrist blew cold air on the spoon until the soup on it was cold enough to eat. She put the spoon towards the man's lips. He reluctantly let her spoon feed him the whole bowl of soup. To show his disapproval, he furrowed his eyebrows. "Don't give me that look. Let me take care of you." Madison hushed and smiled. The soup tasted like wild mushrooms and parsley. It was a good meal and Jared's stomach wasn't growling anymore.

Madison put the empty bowl on the floor and sighed before she turned to face Jared. "I'm so sorry that I let you down. I shouldn't have left." she apologized and stroked the hair out of her face. Jared shot Madison a glance that she took as a ' It's okay now that you're here again.'
She bit her lip. "Jared, I have to tell you what's going on. Micha is still the one on your case."
Jared looked horrified. He felt like throwing the soup right back up again. It wasn't the news that he was hoping for at all. "Don't worry. I'm working on it. Just give me some time." Madison said quickly when she watched his reaction. To soothe him, she put her hands on his cheeks. The warmth coming from Madison, both mental and physical, was relaxing. Jared sighed in delight. Madison pierced her hazel eyes into Jared's blue ones. "Don't worry." she said again to let the message complete sink in.

There was a knock on the door and Madison's head turned towards the sounds. "The corridor is empty! Madison, you need to get out now." Valentino howled. The psychiatrist picked up the bowl and spoon and stood up. Madison bent down and placed a soft kiss on Jared's temple as a goodbye before she started walking towards the door. "I'll be back." she said to the patient and put her hand on the door handle. Jared put his hand up in the air. He opened his mouth and closed it back up again.
That moment he decided to do something unthinkable.

"Hurry." Jared said. It came out like a raspy whisper and sounded like his throat was made of sand paper. Then he sunk down from his sitting position until he was lying down again.

Madison panted. She thought it was a hallucination. He couldn't possibly have spoken. She backed out of the room and closed the door. Her body was shaking like mad. "How did it go?" Valentino asked when he escorted Madison out of the building. "Good." Madison panted. She didn't dare to tell anyone about the word. She was afraid that it hadn't been true. The more she thought about it the moment got clearer. Until the moment in her car when she realized the truth. "Fuck Jared. You actually said something." she breathed and raced back to her apartment.

Jared had hit another flashback as soon as he laid down again.

December 8th, 2006
The moment Jared got back to his house he ran towards Yolanda and kissed her passionately. "Ah, I've missed you so much." he murmured and buried his head into her golden hair. She smelled like honey and home. The band had just gotten home from their long tour in both Europe and Asia. "Hope you haven't had too much fun with your fangirls." Yolanda replied bitterly. Jared jerked back and stared at his girlfriend. She was beautiful and clearly angry. Her full lips curved downwards and her eyebrows were furrowed. "What? Are you insane?" Jared started. The singer had no idea of what she was talking about as he hadn't done anything to a fan on the tour, not even flirted. His arms dropped to his sides and his mouth hung open. "You are the only girl for me."

Yolanda shook her head. The golden locks of hair danced on her shoulders and her back. "Prove it Jared." she said quietly and looked down at her feet. The singer tilted her chin up with his fingers and caressed her jaw with his thumb. He looked at her in her eyes. "I'll do anything for you. I love you. I fucking want to marry you." Jared rambled and pressed his lips to hers desperately. "See?" he asked and grabbed her hand and pointed towards her engagement ring. It had three big diamonds on it and hugged her ring finger tightly. "Prove it." Yolanda repeated with more confidence.

Jared sighed and rolled his eyes. Sometimes he just couldn't get women and their way of thinking. "I will. On the US tour that starts tomorrow." the singer said. "If I even want to follow you." Yolanda huffed. Jared groaned. "Please?" he pleaded. Yolanda looked reluctant as she pulled her boyfriend into her arms and gave him a brief hug. "Fine. Don't fuck up." she said softly and dug her nails into Jared's back as a small punishment.
Sign up to rate and review this story