Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Darkness Of Flashbacks

What Happens In Vegas

by AlexandraSweden 2 reviews

What happens in Vegas doesn't always stay there.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2011-01-23 - Updated: 2011-01-23 - 1739 words - Complete

2Ambiance
- Does it seem like it's only just begun? -

May 24th, 2007

"Just say something!" Micha bellowed and tried to stop her hands from shaking. The woman's eyes were about to pop out from their sockets. Micha was stressed as she had a pair of calm eyes resting on her back and watching her every move. "I'm not sure the patient is even listening." the person who watched Micha said and gestured towards the bunk in the middle of the room even if no one could see his movement.
Strapped to the bunk laid Jared inside the ocean of red fabric that was his suit. His body was thinning more for each and every day. The contours of his ribs and sharp hipbones could be seen even when he wore the suit. Now the singer just laid in silence with his eyes closed and listened carefully to the conversation. He didn't know who the person talking to Micha was but he could hear that he had more power than her. The singer enjoyed how stressed and anxious Micha got when he was around.

Micha turned to face the person who was watching her like a hawk. "I can wake him up Garth. It'll only take a few hits or a shock or two..." Micha cackled suppliant. Garth shook his head and adjusted his glasses which had fallen onto the tip of his nose. Garth had decided to pay Micha a visit in the room to see how the sessions actually went. He was really just looking for excuses to ban the psychiatrist from abusing the torture chamber. Seeing how keen Madison was on getting the case back, he had wanted to at least try to help her. Even if Garth hadn't admitted it to anyone he had a soft spot for the kind-hearted young female.

"And how has that helped you so far?" Garth interrupted her dryly. Micha's gaze shifted from Garth's stone cold face and a spot on the ground. In her head she was working out a smart answer. "Jared is just messing with all of us. I'm sure that he will crack some day." she spat.
Garth shot Valentino a quick glance. His eyes found the huge guard quickly as he sat in the corner and smiled widely. Valentino had chills going through his massive body and the hair on his arm stood up. The guard thought to himself how it seemed like Jared's pain was somehow ending today.
Garth pursed his lips. "Some day? With this treatment the patient will die before that day even comes." the authorized man stated.

Jared had to bite his own lip not to smile. It was all sweet music to his ears. His mind then wandered off to Madison. Had she heard him speak? When was she coming back? Jared exhaled and his heart started beating faster.

"He won't die if his selfishness doesn't choke him. There's nothing wrong with that man!" Micha snarled. Sweat had started to pour out of her pores. Garth scoffed loudly. "Are we talking about the same man? Haven't you seen him?"
Garth walked up to the bunk where Jared laid with his eyes peacefully closed. The boss' lips got dry just by looking at the former rock star. "He is sunken-eyed, wretched and gaunt." he said loudly. The sounds echoed from wall to wall.
"I can't let this go on." Garth said slowly. Micha's jaw dropped and she swallowed a scream of terror. The hate towards Jared bubbled up inside of her. He was the one guilty of making her look bad in front of her boss.

"What do you mean?" she asked. Her voice was drenched in disgust and fear. Garth sighed and laid a hand on Jared's bony shoulder. "I want to have the key to the room back. If the patient is dead, he can't tell us the truth." Garth said. "But..." Micha started. "It was an order!" Garth roared and his face was scrunched up in an awful grimace.
The psychiatrist cursed under her breath and threw the key onto the ground. It landed with a soft chinking sound. She then stormed off. She was in rage and even more determined to make Jared talk.

Micha's dramatic exit was followed by total silence in the room. Garth rubbed his temples and clenched his jaw. He hadn't expected himself to go that far but a feeling of pride pierced his heart. Valentino rose from his seat in the corner of the room and cleared his throat loudly. "What should I do with Jared, boss?" he asked. "Take him to his room and get him some food. The man is just skin and bones."

Valentino stared releasing Jared from the tight straps and then picked the limp body up. Jared was afraid that his banging heart would reveal that he was conscious. The singer took a few deeper breaths to calm his racing muscle down. Valentino started walking slowly towards the door while he held the man tightly in his arms. Jared was light as a feather for the muscle-man to carry. "And you should let the nurse check him." Garth shouted as they were on the other side of the door. The lighter and happier side.

Jared thought it felt soothing as he rocked in Valentino's arms. He could feel the guard's steady breathing and his pulsating heart. It was a lucky day.
Jared drifted off into a fog of memories and didn't even feel as he was being put down on his bed.

December 19th, 2006

Jared rolled out of the warmness of the hotel bed where Yolanda was still sleeping. He stroked a lock of her blond hair away and tucked it behind her ear. She winced slightly and furrowed her eyebrows before sighing and falling back to sleep. Jared kissed her cheek sweetly and adjusted the covers for her. Yesterday night, the band had played a huge concert in Las Vegas and they were now resting at a hotel.
Jared and Yolanda had gotten a room for themselves while Matt, Shannon and Tomo had the room right next to them.

Jared shivered as a puff of cold air hit his half naked body. He quickly put a pair of black pants and a plain white t-shirt on. The singer didn't care about finding socks or shoes.
The sun shone into the room and he had to put his hand over his eyes to see clearly. Jared hurried to roll the blinds down and scanned the room. It all seemed fine and safe. He saw his suitcase open on the floor and smiled. It had been a hurry for him to search it through after condoms yesterday when things had gotten heated between him ans Yolanda. When Jared thought about it it seemed like Yolanda had been a lot happier that last night.

Jared found a note pad and tore a page of it out and scribbled down a couple of words on it. 'I'm with the guys. Come when you wake up.'
He put the note down on his pillow right next to his sleeping girlfriend and tip-toed out of the room. The corridor was empty as Jared took the couple of steps which was necessary to reach Shannon's room. The singer banged their door. Tomo opened the door clad in only a red bath robe with the hotel's logo on the chest. His eyes was almost sticking together and he yawned when he saw Jared standing there. Jared pushed past the very sleepy Tomo and entered the guys' room. The first thing he saw was Matt who sat with his eyes glued to a newspaper which he read thoroughly. The next thing was Shannon who was sitting on a sofa and playing PlayStation in his tight black undies.

"God, put some clothes on!" Jared scowled and pretended that he was going blind. Shannon paused the game and smirked. "Why? Don't you like this?" he mocked and dry humped the air. "My eyes are bleeding!" Jared said and chuckled. He sat down next to his brother on the sofa and exhaled. Tomo was pacing the room with a whole jug of black coffee which he sipped on. "Where's that little girl of yours?" Tomo asked and coughed. "She is still sleeping." Jared stated softly. Shannon grinned widely. "I bet she is after that pounding you gave her last night. We heard you through the walls! 'Oh Jared. Oh! Oh!'" Shannon flapped and mimicked the sound of Yolanda's orgasm. Jared felt his cheeks getting bright red and he threw a pillow towards his brother. "Shut up!" he whined.

"Stop arguing and look at this article!" Matt suddenly said and Jared heard something worrying in his voice. The men stopped what they were doing and Jared got up and grabbed the newspaper. He felt cold as he read the headline. "17-year old female murdered on her way home from a concert." Jared read out loud. Shannon's eyes widened with shock. "Our concert?" Shannon asked quietly. "It says Las Vegas here. So, yes." Matt said.

Jared felt like he couldn't breathe. He knew very well that she had been on her way home from their concert. He knew it because he had talked to her. She had just been a normal fan. Jared couldn't remember her name but he recognized the bright pink highlights in her black hair and her lively brown eyes. On the picture in the newspaper she looked very much alive and smiled towards the camera. Jared couldn't believe that she was now gone. That someone had decided to steal her life.

"I talked to her yesterday." Jared explained with a thick voice. The tension in the air got so thick that it would be possible to cut it with a knife. "
Did you see anything? Anyone?" Tomo started. Jared tried to remember everything about the conversation with the murdered girl. "I can't remember... Shit!" Jared mumbled and buried his face into his hands.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jared flashed back to reality by a pair of fingers who caressed his forehead. He opened his eyes to see Madison crouched down beside the bed.
"Hey. You were sleeping so I waited for you." she whispered and bent over him. Her lips came closer and closer to his. Jared could feel her breathing on his mouth. Then she turned into a cloud of smoke.
It had only been a dream.
Sign up to rate and review this story