Categories > Movies > Shrek > Forgotten What Life's About

Haunting Nightmares

by 18th_Hole 0 reviews

Fiona had to place Felicia's HDS (Haunted Dreams Syndrome) onto someone else...

Category: Shrek - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-01-11 - Updated: 2011-01-12 - 789 words

0Unrated
"Ahhh! Mommy! Don't!" Felicia cried in the night as Fiona jolted awake and rushed to the guest bedroom where her daughter slept (or at least tried to). Fiona was the only one to hear Felicia. "Mommyyyyy!!"
Fiona reached her and ran to Felicia's side. "Felicia? Honey?! Felicia!!" She took Felicia's head into her hands, shook her a little, and she woke up.
Felicia fell into her mother's arms, "Mommy."
"Oh, honey. You're all sweaty."
-
Fiona took her outside to a hidden pond beside the house. Fiona went a couple feet out into the pond. "Come on. I've got you." Fiona held out her hands and Felicia grabbed them. Slowly, they stopped in the middle of the pond. "Put your head under the water."
And so she did. When she was completely under the water, Fiona went under also, and kissed Felicia's forehead. There was a small glow, and Felicia fell asleep.
Fiona carried her out of the water and back into the guest bedroom, where she layed her back down.
-
Fiona was back in her room, tossing and turning. "Shrek. Shrek! Shrek, please!!" she whimpered.
Shrek woke up and rubbed his eyes. He knew that this would usually only happen when her candle light went out. And that was the problem, it was still lit. "Fiona? Fiona, wake up." He touched her, she jumped out of the bed, ran to a far corner of their room. He stood up and slowly walked over to her with a lantern. "Fiona? Don't be afraid. It's just me." As he got closer, he could see she was rocking back and forth with her knees to her chest. "Fiona, what is it?" He knelt in front of her and set down the lantern. He reached to touch her but she yanked her head away.
"Get away from me!! You're not taking me back! I want to stay here!! With Shrek!"
Shrek hadn't seen her cry like this since they were little and her dad tried to take her away to the tower. "Fiona! Wake up and look at me! It's me! Please, look at me." he cried. He rested his forehead on her knees.
She'd realised this, picked his head up, and threw herself at him. "Oh, Shrek!!"
"I know. I know. I'm here. I always will be."
"Promise?"
"Cross my heart and will die if untrue." he said motioning an "x" over his heart.
"Don't say that."
"Sorry." He looked at her soft, creamy face, and gently moved her bangs to clearly see her sky blue eyes. "I know I'm not missing a thing when I'm with you. You know that, don't you?"
"Yeah." Their eyes connected.
"I love you." They said at the same time and giggled. Then kissed.
-
Later that night, Shrek was asleep, but he didn't dream. It had seemed more like a flashback. It went back to when he'd first met Fiona, when they were just little.

He was curled up in a ball, crying, in an oak tree. He stopped as he heard small thuds outside the tree. "Who goes there?! Come out!" he heard a voice call. He peeked his head out of the tree hole to see if it was a hunter. He then saw a close yellow glow, only getting nearer and his heart beating faster. "If I have to ask again, I will surely find you!" He gulped as he pulled together all of his courage and jumped out of the tree hole into a fighting stance. They both gasped.
"Wh-Who are you?" Shrek asked as he stared as the young ogre girl standing in front of him slowly put the lantern on the ground between the two of them.
"I'm Fiona. I'm a princess, even though I don't very well enjoy being one. And so, I'm alone when I go to school because I have no friends. But, hey, that's life, and life's not fair. By the way, sorry if I scared you. What's your name?"
"It's okay, that you scared me. I'm sure you didn't mean to. As you can see, I'm no prince. I don't go to school, so surely I don't have any friends either. Or family, at that. I'm really, all alone, to tell you the truth. And you're right. Life's not fair. Oh, and," he held his hand out to shake hers as a simple greeting, "I'm Shrek. It's nice to," instead of shaking his hand she leaped onto him and hugged him, "meet you."
She moved her head and they looked at each other, "I wanna be your friend, Shrek...y'know, we're almost the same..."
"Yeah, we almost are."


He woke again to Fiona screaming in her sleep, the first time that night.
Sign up to rate and review this story