Categories > Original > Drama > Vampires Of The Past

Vampires Of The Past

by _Kira_ 0 reviews

The First Book To My 'Into The Dark' series.I hope you all like it...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2011-01-29 - Updated: 2011-01-29 - 1592 words

0Unrated
Prologue

She closed her eyes and breathed in the new,but familiar air.
Jacqueline Swan lived in Charlestown,Boston.She moved when she was 13 due to her father's new job.But she is back.
Now 17,she is a senior and transferring to Charlestown High School.
A brunette,with long,wavy hair.Eyes the color of rich chocolate.Tall and fit.Goes by the name Jackie.
She turned and looked around.
Her new room.
It was empty,white,boring.That would change.
"Jackie,start unpacking.We got more boxes coming on the other moving truck.",her mother called.She called okay back and went downstairs to bring up all of her things.
As she unpacked,she couldn't help but smile to herself.
A few more days and she would be in school finishing her last year of high school.
But how many more days until something exciting actually happens to her?

Chapter One

Jackie yawned as her alarm clock went off.It had been four days since she had moved in.Just a couple boxes left to unpack.
She sat up rubbing her eyes.
She reached for her alarm clock to turn off,but without touching it,it turned off.
She yawned once more getting off of the bed,too tired to notice she didn't even touch it.
Stepping into her bathroom,she quickly got into the shower.Once she was done cleaning herself up,she got dressed.
Wearing her favorite skinny jeans,a graffiti shirt,and some black converse,she threw her hair ito a ponytail.
As she made her way to get her bag,she could've sworn she saw somebody.A small person.
She quickly turned but saw not on person in the room.Well,except her.
She scratched her head and shrugged turning to grab her bag.
She made her way downstairs to get something quick to eat.
After a few minutes,she heard the bus honk the horn.She grabbed an apple and ran out to the bus.
As she sat on the bus,she watched the houses and parts of other neighborhoods pass by.
How she remembered the place so clearly.How she missed this place immensely.
All the memories she had to leave behind.All the friends she had to leave behind.
Especially a specific one.
His name,she could not remember.But she remembered what he looked like.He had dark hair,with matching dark eyes.She was tall and had his own muscles.Just a year older than her.
He lived beside her and would always come over to hang out.
Jackie became 13,and formed hormones.She liked him,but unfortunately,she had to move away.
She never forgot his face.Never...
"Hello!"
Jackie jumped almost dropping her apple,but caught it quickly with both hands.She looked up to see a girl with a perky smile.
"Umm,hi...person.",Jackie said.The girl laughed and sat down beside Jackie.
"Are you new?Never seen you before.",the girl said.
"Yeah.I just transferred.My first day.",Jackie explained.
"But it can't be your first time in Charlestown.You look pretty familiar."
"Well,yeah.I was born here.I moved away a couple years ago and now I'm back."
"What's your name?",the girl asked.
"Jackie Swan.",she answered.
"Jackie,huh?I knew it...",the girl trailed off.
Jackie began to ask what she knew,but the girl broke off into squeals and claps.
"I knew it was you!Nobody can mistake that awesome hair and huge eyes!",the girl yelled.
"I have huge eyes?",Jackie whispered letting a hand go to her left eye.
"Don't you remember me?",the girl asked.Jackie turned towards her and tried to remember the face.But nothing came to her.
"Sorry,but I can't say I do.Maybe your name can help.",Jackie said.
"I'm Kristina!Kristina Walker!We were,like,best friends forever.",she introduced herself.
Minutes passed as Jackie stared down the girl trying to remember.Until finally,she remembered the perky voice.
"Oh,Kristy!",Jackie said in shock pointing.The blonde hair,blue eyes.Girly style.Huge smile.Kristina Walker,indeed.
"You do remember!Oh,I have missed you!",Kristina squealed sudding pulling Jackie into a hug.
"Umm,yeah.",Jackie murmured hugging the girl back a bit awkwardly.
Once they pulled away,Kristina broke out into a babble of what's happened in Charlestown since she's been gone.
When they got to school,Jackie quickly escaped Kristina with the excuse of having to go to the office.
Which turned out to be true.
Jackie entered the office with a sigh of relief.She finally got away from Kristina,The Babbler.
She clearly remembered who the chick was.
"May I help you?",the front desk lady asked.
Jackie smiled and walked up to her.
"I'm Jacqueline Swan.The new student.",Jackie introduced.The woman nodded and told her to wait while she went to get her schedule and books.
Jackie stood by the desk waiting,when she caught glimpse of a little girl sitting on the row of chairs.
The little girl wore a pretty pink dress,with white socks,and pink sneakers.Her hair was in high pigtails,that came down in dark curls.Her eyes a hazel color.Her skin the color of moccha.
The little girl smiled and waved towards Jackie.
Jackie gave a smile and a wave back.
"Here you go."
Jackie looked back and grabbed her papers and books.She looked back to the gil,but she was gone.
Jackie spun around looking all over the office,but no girl.
"Ummm,is there a girl in here?",Jackie asked the lady.The lady shook her head and then went back to typing on the computer.
Jackie looked once more around the room,but still no girl.She gave up and left the office to her first class.
While trying to find it,the bell rang and all students disappeared as fast as cotton candy in your mouth.
She stood in the hall looking around.No one to help.
"Jackie!"
Jackie jumped at the perky voice and turned to see Kristina running over to her.
"Oh,hey,Kristina.",Jackie said balacing all the boks in her hands.
"Oh,you must need help.",Kristina said and grabbed the paper from Jackie's hand making her almost drop a book.
"Alright,your first class is not with me.Not your second.Not your third.Yes to the fouth.Yes to the fifth.No to the sixth.No to the seventh.Yes to the eighth!",Kristina announced.
"Great.So,can you help me find my first class?",Jackie asked.
"Sure.You need help with those books?",Kristina said.
"Kinda.",Jackie said with relief.
"You'll manage.",Kristina said and placed the paper on the books.Jackie broke down and dropped to the floor with the books.

Jackie entered the classroom,the books now in her bag,the paper in her hand.
As soon as she introduced herself,she sat down in a free seat in the back earning a few stares from studenters here and there.
As soon as she sat down,she heard a call.Someone was calling her name.
Could it be Kristina?!
Jackie looked around,but everybody's eyes were either on a magazine,the teacher,or their phone.
Jackie narrowed her eyes in both suspicion and confusion.She shrugged and started to take out her book,but once again,someone called her name.
She looked up,but still nobody even glanced at her.
"Jackie!"
Jackie looked to the window in a bit annoyance,for it seemed the noise was coming from the direction.
There,she saw the girl from before standing on a trunk of a tree.
Her eyes widened,and her mouth fell open to the scene.
A helpless girl ona tree,waving at her.
She looked forward and gulped loudly.After blinking a few times,she looked back to the window.
She still sat there waving at her.
Jackie jumped out of her seat making a huge noise and earning the stares of the students and teacher.She pointed out to the tree.
"The girl!Somebody has to help that girl!",Jackie yelled.The litte girk waved bye,and when Jackie blinked her eyes,there wasn o girl.
Everybody looked out to the tree that carried no girl.
"Miss Swan,are you feeling alright?",the teacher asked.Jackie looked to him in question,still pointing.
"I'm fine!The girl!She was there!",Jackie cried.
"Miss Swan,please sit down.And do not cause a distraction like that again.I'll have to excuse you to the principal's office.",the teacher told her.
Jackie stared at him in disbelief.
But she silently and carefully sat back down in her chair.She looked at the students who stared at her like she was from another universe.
"Such a freak."
"What girl?Is she insane?"
"Chick is hot,but her brain is fried."
Jackie's face got red with all the comments around her.Did that really happen her first day?
But she looked out the window to the tree.
Could she really have been imagining the girl?

Jackie entered her room and threw her bag aside,which landed with a large thump.She walked over to her bed and fell on it,her face connecting with the pillow.
She flipped over after a while of holding her breath,and stared at the ceiling.
"I think I'm going crazy.",Jackie murmured.
First day at school,and she got the name,'Delusional Freak'.
Just what exactly did she see?
Sign up to rate and review this story