Categories > Original > Mystery > The Great Library: Prologue

The Great Library: Chapter 5

by miatthas 0 reviews

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-01-30 - Updated: 2011-01-31 - 623 words

0Unrated
5
Emerald is a cold color; everyone knows that. If the flames had been red-orange, then Josh might have worried. The flames neither scorched, nor felt unbearably hot. When he stepped into them, he felt the same tingling sensation as when he had opened the letter from Mr. Tutty. A medieval-age castle loomed into Josh’s vision. He was now a hologram. Josh was pulled through the wall, and into a parlor.
“Welcome to my not-so-humble abode.” It was Ms Izall speaking.
Josh looked around. A fire merely crackled in a fireplace standing against the wall. A semi circle of armchairs and couches spanned the fireplace. The trademark black draping of Ms Izall adorned the walls, along with the usual middle-age art. Every wall that wasn’t covered with draping or art was covered by a books shelf. Josh would have bet that every single one of those books was a text book.
“You’re probably wondering how you got here,” stated Ms Izall. “Am I correct?”
“Yeah,” said Josh.
“I love history,” declared Ms Izall, “so I’m going to give you a history lesson.
“Long ago, the rulers of the world took all the information about magic, and hid it in the great library. You’ve read Harry Potter I presume? Well once, long ago, wizards and witches swarmed the earth. The Garden of Eden’s location was known. All the fairy tales you may have read as a child were true. Unfortunately, as Science progress, magic declines. The little amounts of magic that I’ve discovered, barely amounts to anything that could have been.
“You understand that it’s magic, or social Science, against Science. The Science side is made up of Germans. They respect Science, but they are looking to replace it with magic. You may have guessed that Miss Sterling is a German. She naturally has taken up the post as Science teacher. Is it safe to believe that Science and magic are both looking to live in peace and harmony, with magic as their ally? No it’s not! Science wants to rule the world. They want to be worshipped as gods.”
Josh was wondering where Mrs. Machiavelli was, so he asked. Ms Izall told him that she didn’t know.
“Probably, she was taken hostage by the Science side, because she knew something.”
“I’m going to help the Social Science side.” declared Josh.
“You have a lot of magic,” stated Ms Izall. “You have a natural talent. But you are a fugitive. The world now sees you as a cheater, and will arrest you, and kill you—if they can catch you.
“You are really lucky that you know me. I am your favorite teacher is that not correct?”
Josh stammered. “Umm…”
“It’s ok. You don’t have to admit it right now, but you know it’s true.”
“Ok then,” said Josh, shocked.
“You are lucky to know me though. I told you all this information. Without it, you would be lost. I am a generous person, so I told you all I know. Unfortunately, I cannot help you any further; anyone found with you, will be put to death. I’d rather be enslaved by Science, than die assisting you.”
“Thank you,” said Josh. He was a little irked at MsIzall’s lack of willingness to help, but was thankful nonetheless. After all, she had handed him all the information he needed to bring Science down.
“Do you have any tips as to what I should de first?” Josh Asked.
“Yes. You can leave my house, and go home.” Ms Izall waved her hand, and the emerald-flame-transporter engulfed Josh. When he reopened his eyes, he was standing in his bedroom at his house.
Sign up to rate and review this story