Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Forgotten

What the fuck is going on?

by colorpophater 0 reviews

A sorta sketchy, fluffy two~shot about how Kagome loses her memory briefly.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Miroku, Sango, Shippo - Published: 2006-05-16 - Updated: 2006-05-16 - 1508 words

0Unrated
Today was a very peaceful day in Feudal Japan. The sun was shining, birds were singing, everyone was having a good day and was cheerful, and the atmosphere was one of calm serenity. You really couldn't believe that something could go wrong on a day like this. That is until...

"Sit!" Kagome screamed as the hanyou went facedown into the ground, leaving a 3-foot deep crater.

Kagome looked down at him and anger boiled through her. She could not believe how arrogant, self-centered, egocentric, and cruel he could be. She stared for a minute and turned on her heel. She went to the hut and grabbed her bow and arrows in a flash. She walked right back out and took off in the opposite direction in which the hanyou was.

She sighed. Why could he just leave Kikyo out of their lives? Everyone knows that when he'd always bring her up, they'd always get into an argument or someone got hurt. She kept walking unaware of her surroundings. 'Why does he always have to bring her up?' She thought. 'He knows what it'll do, but he still does it. I just don't understand.' She then felt a presence of a youkai. It was a lower kind but she felt like letting out some stress.

She pulled out an arrow and notched it. When she locked it, she raised her bow and shot. It hit and she could tell it was gone. She sighed and kept walking. She stopped and turned around. There were more. Ten or twenty maybe. She notched and shot most of them but they closed in on her and she found it rather difficult. She got all but one youkai, which was a giant snake. She always hated those.

As she made a movement to get another arrow, she didn't have the chance to even get it out. The snake wrapped its tail around her and she dropped the bow and arrows. 'Oh man. I'm in it deep this time.' She thought.

The snake pulled her up more from the ground and hissed at her. "My, what a niccce looking maiden. You'd make a good lunchtime meal. And look. You have ssshardss too." She struggled against the hold of the snake but it wouldn't loosen at all. She felt it getting tighter and tighter. She found it harder to breathe as it was, so she did what she knew she had to do to even have a chance. She used her last ounce of breath to scream for Inuyasha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inuyasha lay there even after the spell wore off. He knew he shouldn't have said anything about Kikyo. He knew the consequences. Somehow he didn't even want to say it, yet he did anyway. He got up and ducted himself off and walked towards the hut. Once he arrived, he passed it following Kagome scent. He knew what she did after sitting him and he wanted to make sure she wouldn't get hurt. A girl like Kagome can't just walk out in the woods with some flimsy bow and arrows and expect demons not to want to eat her. And sadly he meant it both ways. A lot of young maidens have been forced to bare demons' pups because they were in heat.

Kagome doesn't know every time she or Sango for instance, goes into their cycle, it drives every demon crazy. The only one unaffected is Shippo. He's about 8, so he's like...um... He stopped walking and thought about it for a moment. Shippo was only about 44 or so. He was about 18 and he was around 71. Around the age of maybe 60, when he's 10, he'll hit puberty.

And the sad part was even when Shippo won't want to, his senses would drive him crazy and totally mess him up. He'd have to teach him control.

He reached the Goshinboku and jumped into it. He could still track Kagome as long as she stayed in the general area she was in now, so he didn't have to follow her. He didn't want to catch at a bad time and make anything worst, so he'd stay at a good distance. He sat in his usual position with is head slightly lowered, eyes closed, and senses alert.

He sat there for a good 20 minutes and he figured he should go talk to her. That's when he heard it.

"INUYASHA! INUYASHA!"

He recognized it to be Kagome and no more than a second after the second time he heard his name, he was gone. He was out of the tree and there in less than 20 seconds.

He arrived just in time to see a snake youkai squeezing her and suddenly it dropped her. He was at her side I a second and fund nothing broken or any blood, so he picked her up and laid her against a tree. He then turned around and drew Tetsusaiga. He quickly got rid of the snake with his Wind Scar. He walked over to Kagome slowly and picked her up and maneuvered her onto his back. He then made sure not to drop her and got back to Kaede's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inuyasha worried greatly about her. It was 2 days since the accident and she hasn't moved more than an inch. He was right though. There was nothing wrong with her except she was knocked unconscious. It was amazing after that 10-foot fall. He sat in her room, a foot away from her at all times. He'd watch her constantly. Shippo was the only one allowed in the room so far.

He then noticed out of the corner of his eye, that it was getting dark.

Shippo walked into the room and sat next to Inuyasha, in the same position too. Shippo was there most of the time, except when he felt like giving Inuyasha private time with Kagome.

Inuyasha sighed. "Hey kid."

"Hi. How's she doing?"

"Same."

"Inuyasha?"

"Yeah?"

Shippo looked at Kagome and back at Inuyasha. His eyes were still closed but he could tell they were slightly cracked looking at him. He stared hard at the floor and got his question out in the open.

"Inuyasha, I want to ask you something. You love Kagome right?"

"Of course."

"Well. Seeing as how Kagome is like a mom to me, I was thinking. When you guys ever mate, would you want to adopt me?"

Inuyasha open one eye and look at the kitsune. He considered Shippo his son already. He always has. Except he felt closer now since they've been talking a lot more. "Yeah."

Shippo looked at him sharply. "Really?"

"Really." He picked up the kitsune and ruffled his hair.

"Come on Inuyasha! Stop!" Inuyasha put him down he fixed his hair.

Inuyasha still had a smirk on his face and Shippo looked him. By the way he did, Inuyasha looked at him puzzled. "What?"

Shippo sat back down and watched Kagome. "You better go."

Inuyasha still had no idea what the fuck Shippo was talking about. Shippo didn't say anything else after that, so he just stood up and picked up the fur ball as well. "What are you talking about runt?"

Shippo looked away and pointed out the window. Inuyasha saw soul-stealers and immediately got what Shippo was saying.

He sat down in his previous spot and closed his eyes and got comfortable again. "She's been here before. I'm not going anywhere though."

Shippo didn't move or stop watching Kagome and then expression of keen worry never left his face. But in his mind he was congratulating Inuyasha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Sango and Miroku came into Kagome room while Inuyasha was outside with Shippo. They all knew how much closer they were and they knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

Sango checked on Kagome's body to make sure for the umpteenth time absolutely nothing was wrong. Miroku waited for Sango to be done. When she was, he escorted her out the door, getting a smack on the way for copping a feel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome opened her eyes. She sat up and stretched. She stood up and did the same. She felt like she slept for days (ha ha). She walked outside and was greeted with a sight that almost mad her faint. A boy with dog-ears was with a fox looking child. As soon as the dog-earred boy caught sight of her, she had no time to react, for she was caught in his embrace.

He pulled away and smirked. "Welcome back Kagome."

She looked at him and had to smile. This boy had a look of complete joy on his face and seemed to be glowing.

"Um, Hi." She looked around and saw a woman and man along with a catlike animal next to them. She looked back at the guy holding her and then at the ground.

Inuyasha hooked a finger and brought her head back up the look him in the eye. "What's wrong?"

She pulled out of his arms and stepped back a few steps. "Um...could you please tell me who you guys are?"
Sign up to rate and review this story