Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Forgotten

I remember now

by colorpophater 2 reviews

Part 2!

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Miroku, Sango, Shippo - Published: 2006-05-16 - Updated: 2006-05-16 - 1086 words

0Unrated
Inuyasha looked at the gang and saw that they heard what she said too. Apparently something did go wrong when she was dropped.

Inuyasha took off in a fast run into the forest. Kagome watched him go and wondered what he was. She looked at the group to her left and walked towards them. "What's up with him?"

Sango had a look of uncertainty. "What can you remember Kagome?"

"I know my name, I have a brother named Souta, and I'm 15 and I live with my grandpa and mom. Hey? Can you tell me who you are and where I am?"

Miroku stepped up and entered the conversation then. "I'm Miroku, this is Sango, Kirara, that kitsune over there is Shippo, and the guy with the dog ears is Inuyasha. This may be hard to believe but you're 500 in the past from your time."

Sango took Kirara and Shippo inside the hut. Miroku could take it from there. Besides, she needed to ask Kaede about Kagome's condition.

Miroku sat down against a tree and Kagome sat next to him. He knew the hanyou was in a tree close by watching so he made his mind aware of not touching Kagome. Plus, since she didn't have her memory, he didn't want to scare her make her get the wrong ideas.

"What do you mean I'm 500 years in the past from my time?"

"Well, over in the forest there is a well. You see, there is the same exact well in your time. You fell through it one day and came to the feudal era. Inuyasha was pinned to a tree, the Goshinboku to be precise, and he was under a spell from a miko that resided in this village."

Miroku went on and on about the story of Naraku, Kikyo and Inuyasha, his family curse, Sango and her village, so on the whole reincarnation thing, about 'demons', and so on and so forth.

"And that leaves us at the present where we are searching for the jewel shards and when we collect them all, we'll find Naraku and we'll kill him and everything will be at peace. Understand now?"

Kagome nodded. She looks interested during the whole story. "I have one question though."

"Shoot."

"What's Inuyasha like?"

Miroku scratched his head. He really didn't explain much about the hanyou at all. He stood up and dusted himself off. He lent Kagome a hand and helped her up. "That my darling, you should learn on first hand."

With that Miroku turned around and walked towards the hut to see how Sango and everyone else was doing.

'Huh?' She thought.

Suddenly, a wing gushed past and Inuyasha stood in front of her. He turned around and she looked at him with a look of confusion. He then said, "Hop on." He thought she wasn't going to do it, but right before he was going to straighten up and turn around she got on. She held onto him like usual. He was still mystified on how she always trusted him, even when she didn't know who the hell he was. He got a firm but gentle grip on her to make sure she wouldn't fall off and took to the treetops. He went to the hill on the empty side off the village where they wouldn't be disturbed and landed there. He sat down and took Kagome down with him. She sat in his lap, sideways, and he held her with one arm across her waist and the other around her back.

She looked down and fiddled with the hem of her shirt. "Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead." His voice was low and caring, making her like him even more. A breeze blew past and made the scenery even more calming.

"What are we?" At the look he gave her, she elaborated. "Are we together like that, are we just friends...?"

He watched her hands and held them with his own. "We're really close friends."

She knew it. She thought about it when the monk told her the story about her incarnate. She knew by the way he describe it, that the hanyou would always like 'Kikyo'. She also found from the monk's story that she was in love with this guy. She could tell. I mean who wouldn't be? And the way he treated her, you'd think he liked her too.

She looked into his eyes, which she found to be the coolest color ever, that were following her moves. She could see the love and protection in them. She settled for being friends though. As long as she was around him she was fine.

She picked up one of his hands and examined them. They were calloused and rough. Probably from fighting. She knew he had to do a lot of fighting and stuff to protect them. She moved her fingertip down his fingers and felt the palm of his hand. She then did the same along his claws. It amazed her for some reason. All of him did.

His eye still followed everything she did. He watched her examine his hand. He sighed quietly, not to perturb her. He wished that when she asked that one question, he could tell her that they were something more than just really close friends. He wondered when she'd get her memory back. If she even did get it back.

He didn't know when she started to massage his ear, but he finally realized when she giggled at his 'purring'. He felt content and he didn't care what she called it. It felt so good. He wanted it so that she could do it all the time, but normally they were this close. They didn't really have time alone like this at all. She stopped and tugged his hair on his shoulder gently. He opened his eyes that he didn't know he closed and sighed. "Hm?"

She closed her eyes and pulled the two dragon tails down so that his lips met hers. His eyes closed and he rolled over so he was on top of her and straddling her waist. He deepened the kiss and they fought tongues. The kiss lasted until he pulled back for air. He took about two deep breaths and kissed her. Her arms went around his neck and pulled him closer. His hands went down her sides and rested behind her back where she was lifted to him.

When they parted again, she leaned up to his ear and whispered, "I remember now."
Sign up to rate and review this story