Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Against My Rules

The Rulebook

by IsisBane 2 reviews

Something she'll always live by...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2011-02-02 - Updated: 2011-02-03 - 506 words

2Original
Well, it seems my stupidity has gotten the best of me yet again. I accidentally dropped my laptop a few days ago, and it seemed fine. But then I noticed the keyboard wasn't working right. I have to hold down a key for like three seconds just to get the letter to show up on the screen. So in order to type a three letter word, I have to wait ten seconds. And I really don't feel like doing that. I still have my desktop to use, but I really don't like it as much. I feel more comfortable being able to sit in my room and write than sit in an office chair for three hours staring at a bright screen with fluorescent lighting above my head. So I'll still try to keep updating as much as I can.


After a few hours of laying in the dark, pondering the true simplicity of everything, I grew restless. I had so many things running through my head that I couldn't keep track. Maybe life would be easier if we had our own set of personalized rules. They would guide us through life as long as we didn't break them. That's what I'd needed all along. Just some stupid rules to push me around more. Unless they catered to my needs and opinions...

I sat up and thought about that for a moment. It was perfect. It was exactly the type of things that could help me keep myself in line. I had so many things that I knew I should sop, and maybe this would motivate me a bit. I pulled my notebook out from underneath my pillow and pulled the pencil out of the spiral spine. I opened it up to a new page and began writing my very own personalized life onto the paper.

Rule 1: Never touch any more strong alcohol.

Rule 2: Shy away from people whom you feel may hurt you.

Rule 3: Never fall in love.

Rule 4: Never get married. This would mean breaking rule 3.

Rule 5: Never have children. Staying single and away from certain people will secure this.

Rule 6: Never dwell on the way things used to be. It will only hurt more.

Rule 7: Guard yourself when it comes to men. It could bring more heartbreak if this rule is ignored.

Rule 8: Never break any of these rules under any circumstances. Things will just get worse if you do.


And there, scrawled in my sloppy and rushed handwriting was the beginning of a new foundation. I wouldn't be hurt ever again. And this would secure that for sure. When I set my mind to something, I won't let it go. This was war on the torturous journey called life that could never be bridled. Until now.


That was officially the shortest thing that I have ever written. Even though my time was limited in the first place, this was meant to be short. It wasn't some long rant or anything. Short and not so sweet. R&R? I'll give you imaginary cookies..... :)
Sign up to rate and review this story