Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Against My Rules

If You'd Stay Right Here...

by IsisBane 3 reviews

yep. i'm a bitch. u have to read it and trust me that it's gonna be AWESOME!!! xD

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-03-16 - Updated: 2011-03-17 - 1197 words

3Original
Ahem... in case you didn't notice, I want you to look up ant that little bar under the chapter summary. See the genres? Yes, that's right. ROMANCE. I've been waiting for ten fucking chapters to click that one, and goddamnit, I am not waiting any longer (plus it's in the plot anyway... THANK GOD). So... here. Enjoy. And if you bitch about it, I will not hesitate to bite you ;)



I stayed in the bunk for the next half hour before I started to get restless. I knew it was late at night, so most of the band was probably sleeping... emphasis on 'most'. I could distinctly hear Gerard and Kyrsten talking in the main area next to us. Oddly enough, my first thought was wondering if Frank was still awake. I felt like talking to someone, and he's the only person I've really talked to at all. And he wasn't exactly the worst person in the world. I mean, he's kind of fun to be around. Plus he is able to be serious when he needs to. And it was kind funny that he was set on pissing me off in any way possible.

I guess he wasn't as annoying as I thought. He made me feel so different about Adam giving me that makeover. When Frank told me I didn't need it after all, I almost believed him. I probably misjudged him at first. I wondered why he said I didn't understand what he was saying that night. He was just trying to contradict everything that I had just been told.

I sat up tiredly. I just wished that this wasn't so complicated. When I first talked to Frank, he was sweet. And then he just enjoyed being as annoying as possible. Next he was acting all serious and almost... jealous around Jay. But no matter what, I was still kind of smiling on the inside. Frank made me feel like I was worth paying attention to. I didn't really matter how I looked. It was all the same to him.

I heard someone quietly sneak into the small room. I froze subconsciously. I felt my heart pound as they approached my bunk. It was quiet for a moment until my curtain moved slightly. I stared intently, waiting for it to be opened. The person slowly pulled it open a few inches. I stared up at Frank expectantly. "Well? Do you mind to tell me why you're trying to watch me sleep again?" I asked sarcastically.

Frank seemed surprised. "I've been checking on you for a few days. You're always sleeping when I check, so I didn't think you'd be awake."

I pulled my knees up to my chest, as I usually did when I was guarding myself. I glanced at the foot of the bunk and then at Frank. I looked up at him with cautious eyes. "Do you think you could possibly..." I paused, wondering what his reaction would be when I finished. "Could you sit with me for a while?" I asked almost timidly.

He smiled and nodded, pulling the curtain open just enough to climb in my bunk. He tried to keep as much space between us as possible, not sure what I might do. I did the same. This resulted in five agonizing minutes of the most awkward silence I had ever experienced.

Frank looked up suddenly. "Why did you do it?" he asked quietly.

"Do what?" I asked, completely confused.

He sighed and scooted a little closer. He reached out his hand and gently brushed my hair with it. "This", he whispered. My heart stopped at the split second of contact. "You didn’t have to be so insecure. Maybe people were looking at you for different reasons.”

I chuckled in disbelief. “Why the hell would they be staring at me?”

Frank shrugged slightly. “I guess I don’t know you that well, but I already see that you have a great personality. That’s enough reason to make someone look at you.”

I rolled my eyes. “I know a lot of people who have a great personality. It doesn’t mean much”, I said.

He smiled lightly. "And to be honest, you looked perfect in the first place."

I stared at him, completely shocked. What the hell did I say to that when I hadn't heard an actual compliment in so long? I felt my face get hot. "Thank you", I said quietly. "That means a lot to know you thought that."

“Well its true”, he said, chuckling.

I shook my head. “I’m serious. Nobody’s really said anything like that to me since I was a teenager. I never really expected it, and especially not from you.”

Frank raised an eyebrow. “And just why not?”

I giggled. “You know we didn’t exactly get along that first day.”

He grinned. “I was just testing your tolerance.”

I rolled my eyes and shifted positions. Things weren’t so awkward now. I didn’t actually mind being in close proximity to him. He sighed quietly. “Well, I guess I’ll leave you alone now. I’m guessing you’re still kind of tired.”

Frank moved over and opened the curtain. Just as he was about to slide off of my bunk, I grabbed his arm lightly. “You don’t have to go. I’m awake, really.” I paused for a moment, afraid to ask something else of him. “Would you please stay with me?” I asked quietly, trying not to look into his hazel eyes as I did so. He was silent. I couldn’t even face him directly now. I turned my head and stared at the wall.

“You want to talk about it, don’t you?” he asked.

I bit my lip and nodded. “I need to talk about it at some point. I’d rather spill out these stupid emotions to you than anyone else right now.”

Frank chuckled quietly. “I’m glad I have the honor of giving you my shoulder to cry on.”

I looked up at him and smiled. “I never said I would cry. You just think I will.”

He gave me a ‘you know you will… you’re just denying it’ look.

I giggled. “Okay… it’s a definite possibility. And you’d better not hold it against me if I do.”

He smiled and closed the curtain. He scooted over closer to me than before, not quite as nervous that I might possibly injure him if he did. I gently laid my head on his shoulder, needing a feeling of security. “Would it be alright if we just sat here for a while? I’m not really sure how to even explain right about now”, I said.

Frank nodded. “That’s fine”, he said. After a few minutes of silence, he warily put his arm around me. I smiled and snuggled closer to him. That was all I had wanted. Just to feel safe. Please… stay here with me and never let go…


Yes, I know that wasn't the awesomest thing ever. But I personally loved it. It was just a hint of romance... but it's far from over ;)
Sign up to rate and review this story