Categories > Original > Romance > Intoxicating

Intoxicating

by AlexandraSweden 1 review

:.Vampire Diaries.: Damon's existing without a clear purpose. He is used to being second best after his brother but he wants to change that by taking what means the world to Stefan.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-02-25 - Updated: 2011-02-25 - 1055 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters. If I did, I would be making them hot chocolate - not writing fan fictions. Okay?
Author's Note: English isn't my first language so excuse me for the mistakes you might find in my writing. If you liked, or maybe even disliked, this chapter please tell me. Feedback is a writer's heroine. Enjoy this little piece of fiction!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He could hear her coming even before her petite feet had met the gravel path leading to his house.
He could inhale her sweet scent before anyone else could hint it.
He could, if he wanted to, name the brand of her medium price perfume from the local department store even if she was one hundred meters away.
The benefit with being a vampire was the enhanced senses.

All he could do now was to wait. Wait for her to just barge in.
He grabbed his crystal whiskey glass and took a careful sip of its strengthening contents.
With a sigh he then sunk down into his favorite chair. The one he always sat on when he needed to breathe and relax.

The fire in the fireplace crackled and spewed ashes and red sparks. It had been more than a century since he had been as alive as the fire.
As flaming and passionate in the struggle to stay alive. Felt the happiness of succeeding second after rotten second.
Maybe he had lost his life even before he actually died. It wasn't something he wanted to be thinking about, but a hundred years alone with only his mind to accompany him made him question a lot of things.

He had already found out years ago that his existence didn't have a purpose. Solely because he had nobody who really cared about him. The loneliness was eating him up from within.

He heard her opening the door carelessly. It slammed into the wall with a loud sound. He licked the insides of his cheek's clean from the lingering taste of alcohol. She would soon be standing there, looking at him with those deep eyes who were so damn hard to read. Hands to her sides. Judging him.

He tried to figure out what it was that made her so alluring. The first thing that he had noticed was how much she looked like her. But she wasn't Katherine. Even if they looked identical they were complete opposites on the inside.
Katherine wasn't able to feel empathy, compassion and devotion. Her doppelganger on the other hand didn't have an evil bone in her body. She was kindness personified.

Unfortunately for him, she and Katherine did share one thing except for their looks. They both chose Stefan over him.
Beaten by his younger brother twice. That certainly rocked his confidence.

He heard her footsteps coming closer. The sound getting louder by the seconds. He closed his eyes and furrowed his dark eyebrows.
She was in the room. He could feel her presence. Her heartbeats making rhythmical, thumping sounds which his sensitive ears caught and saved.

"Damon?" she asked. He opened his eyes slowly.
And there she stood in all her glory. Long dark hair as a flawless sky around her face. Plump lips and batting eyelashes.
Dressed in something as simple as blue jeans and a black top she still looked heaven-sent.

He smiled deviously. "That's my name." he answered.
She grimaced and looked around the room. Her fragile neck was stretched, bare and revealed. Warm delicious blood was pumping and hiding under the creamy skin.
"Where's Stefan?" she asked after realizing that she couldn't see her boyfriend anywhere in the room.

Now it was his turn to grimace. His younger brother had said that he was going somewhere. Somewhere could be anywhere in the world. Stefan wouldn't bother to tell his evil older brother about anything anyways.
He shrugged as an answer to her question.

She shook her head and smelled the air. "Have you been drinking?" she asked coldly. He rolled his eyes like a little child being lectured by his mother. "Why?" he asked and grinned.
Messing with her mind was one of his amusing little games. One day he hoped that the games would lead to him being with her.
It was meant to be, according to him.

She exhaled loudly. "Damon, the place reeks of alcohol." she stated.
"I'm old enough to know some things about responsible drinking." he stated coolly and licked his lips slowly from corner to corner. She once again shook her head.
"I'll leave now. Tell Stefan I was here."

"Isn't my company good enough for you?" he asked curiously. She froze. He watched her open and close her mouth multiple times without making a single sound.

The reaction gave him hope. Maybe she would stay a bit longer. Maybe he could get another interesting reaction. Maybe this was the night when he would finally beat Stefan.

"Damon..." she started with a shaky voice.
"Elena..." he said mockingly. He could hear the speed of her heartbeats increasing.

"We're friends." she practically spat the words out one by one. He decided to take the discussion a bit further. "But you want me, Elena."

"And why wouldn't you? I mean, I'm handsome, smart and experienced." he continued and smiled cockily. She stood in silence. Avoiding making eye contact with him. He put his arm on the backboard of his chair. Making himself look more inviting and approachable.
She shook her head slowly.

"Come on! Admit it!" he almost yelled and smiled widely.
"I love Stefan. Not you." she finally said. His mood immediately dropped. He hated to be reminded of his own failures. How he was never good enough.

"Leave." he said sternly. Her eyes grew bigger and she looked surprised. "What?" she asked quietly and removed some silky wisps of hair away from her delicate face.

"Get out of here!" he roared. Her face dropped and she mumbled something soundlessly before turning around and walking out of the house.

Now he was all alone again.
He could hear her steps walking into a space where the vibrations didn't reach his eardrum.
Her scent got harder and harder to sense.

He opened a new bottle of whiskey and poured his crystal glass full.
Then he swallowed the intoxicating liquid in one big gulp.
Sign up to rate and review this story