Categories > Original > Romance > Intoxicating

Lethal

by AlexandraSweden 0 reviews

Damon gets his mind cleared.

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2011-02-26 - Updated: 2011-02-26 - 1133 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters. If I did, I would be making them hot chocolate - not writing fan fictions. Okay?
Author's Note: English isn't my first language so excuse me for the mistakes you might find in my writing. If you liked, or maybe even disliked, this chapter please tell me. Feedback is a writer's heroine.

Today is my birthday!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't move." he ordered with his blue eyes glued to hers. Her pupils dilated and pushed the brown iris away. She was forced to obey his compulsion.
Another good thing with being a vampire - people will do what you tell them to do.

He had accidentally found her as he was taking a stroll in the forest to clear his mind. A jogger who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.
He had heard her speedy breaths and the sticks breaking underneath her brand new running shoes. The music blasting through her mp3-player and the sound of her joints cracking.
Like a vulture drawn to a reeking corpse, he hovered around his quarry. He watched her from a distance and waited for the perfect moment to strike.
Then, when she came closer, he stopped hiding. He jumped out of the bushes, smiling like a true gentleman, and picked sticks out of his disheveled hair.
She had no idea about how dangerous it was.
But she did it.
She stopped running and greeted the stranger.

If she would have chosen to run another route she would have never met Damon.
If she hadn't decided to postpone the run until after dinner she would have never met Damon.
If she didn't enjoy running so much she would have never met Damon.
But now she stood involuntarily paralyzed in the middle of the forest without having a single soul to save her.

She tried to lift her foot above the ground but failed. Her body was like a massive block of cement.
Her already sweaty forehead started producing more of the salty fluids.
"What's happening to me? I can't move." she breathed and looked at the tall, dark stranger with panic-struck brown eyes.

He laughed shortly and raised his eyebrows. "You have to take me to a hospital. This is freaking me out!" she wailed.
He pretended like he was actually considering helping her. Then he shook his head violently. "Nope." he grinned.
Her heart was beating faster and the blood pumped through her veins and arteries like liquid red gold.
She gasped for air and looked interrogatively at the man dressed in black jeans, black boots, a black shirt and a black leather jacket.

"You see, I am a vampire. And you..." he started and tilted his head to the side. "Are going to help me."

She wrinkled her forehead. "Vampires aren't real." her voice shook like an aspen leaf. Tears started to break out of the corners of her eyes.
He sighed dramatically and walked closer to the female jogger. To be so close to a source of running and highly inviting blood triggered his bad sides.
Veins popped from underneath his eyes and the female could see his two pearl-shell white fangs as he opened his mouth.

"Say that again." he hissed and brushed his fangs against her bare neck. She quivered and started crying hysterically. Tears and snot mixed as it ran down her face.
He had to fight against his natural urges to not kill her right away.

"Young... die... shit... mom!" the young female managed to choke out between her hysteric sobs. He rolled his eyes and felt that he was growing tired of her frightened reaction.
He placed his right hand on her face and forced her to look at him. The ring on his ring finger was glowing in the dim lights. They locked eye contact.
"Calm down." he ordered coolly. Her pupils dilated once again and she immediately stopped crying. She tried to regain a cool and steady breathing rhythm after the intense bawling.

"Now, let's try this again." he said and backed away from the jogger. He eyed her from top to toe. She was wearing a white tank top and a pair of black tights. Ideal clothes to jog in. "I need some help." he then continued.
"If I do help you, will you let me go then?" she asked with a new-found calmness lingering over her being.

He crossed his fingers behind his back. "Sure." he lied. She inhaled loudly. The forest was so peaceful. Birds were singing and leaves wallowed on the ground.
"So this is the case. I'm in love with a girl." he started and snapped a branch off of a tree with his fingers. "The problem is that she loves my brother. Not me."
He let the leaves on the tip of the branch stroke away a couple of tears on her face.

"There are plenty of fish in the sea." she said and closed her eyes briefly to evade getting poked by the leaves. "Please, spare me." she quietly added.
He pretended like he hadn't heard the last things which came out of her mouth.

"Not for me! You don't understand. I've lost to my brother twice now." he muttered and dropped the branch to the ground.
"First Katherine and now Elena. I deserve them just as much as he do!" it came out like a haunting scream.

He walked around in a circle with his hands on his back. The thoughts and memories invaded his head.
"But of course I always lose to my little brother. Only because he acts like an angel." he muttered.

"I don't think you're evil. And if you want to win the girl, maybe you should reveal you brother's evil side to her?" the jogger blurted out.
He snapped out of his own little bubble of thoughts and stared at the compelled female.
It wasn't a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all.

"You're right." he said slowly and mostly to himself. "Please, let me go now. My family is probably wondering where I'm at." she pleaded.

He shook his head and grinned viciously. "What?" she asked and got cold within.
"I promised to let you go. I never promised not to kill you." he stated and heaved the compulsion.
She could now move her legs again. They were stiff as pieces of wood. She exhaled loudly and turned around to make a sad attempt of running away.

She ran for two seconds before he caught up with her. He sunk his teeth into her neck's pulsating veins and drained her dry of blood. Making brutish sounds as the life left her body.
Her corpse was hid in a thicket.
It would take several days before anyone would find her.
Sign up to rate and review this story