Categories > Original > Romance > Renewed Chapter 1!

Renewed Chapter 1!

by SasuNaruBabyGirl 0 reviews

The people at The House of Night Find out Jack Twist has a twin brother and Damien Falls for him.

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-03-09 - Updated: 2011-03-10 - 3739 words

-1Illiterate
I entered the House of Night in Tulsa at ten thirty. I got marked and my mom had brought me here. We had got word of what happened to my twin brother Jack three days ago. It broke my heart. I had lost my big brother and nothing I could do would bring him back. I hated it more than anything in the world.
“Jack?” The head mistress asked staring at me.
“No, ma’am, I’m his twin brother Alexander,” I mumbled tears in my eyes. “I can see how you would mistake me for my brother our parents always did. It finally got to the point where they let me get my ear pierced. That’s how they told us apart before he got marked.”
“I’m sorry about your loss. My name is Neferet and it is very nice to meet you little one.”
“Thank you,” I replied not wanting to take her outstretched hand. The feel of her was wrong she had a bad sense to her an evil one that shouted ‘Hey I’m evil and I want people to thank I’m good.’ I didn’t like it.
“Come along I will introduce you to your mentor Professor Lenobia,” she said smiling as she walked me to class.
As I walked in the stables I saw a bunch of beautiful horses. Beside a beautiful black mare was a tall slim woman with waist thick blond hair and slate grey color eyes. She was pure beauty on her own. I can see why Jack always wrote about her. As I approached her, her eyes widened and she caught her breath. Then I noticed someone right behind her a average looking girl with black hair and really pretty eyes with a nearly full .
“Is… that Jack?” Lenobia asked staring at me.
“Umm…Professor Lenobia, Neferet sent me down here. My name is Alexander Twist,” I said stopping beside a creamy brown horse. “You look just like Jack described you Professor. You must be Ms. Zoey Redbird.” I looked at her and tears came to her eyes.
“Just Lenobia will do, Mr. Alexander. It’s nice to meet you. Are you and Jack, perhaps, twins?” She asked close to tears herself.
“Y-yes ma’am,” I mumbled tears streaming down my face. “I’m sorry I’ll talk to later.” I ran out of the stables and into a really cute boy. “I am so very sorry.” I looked up and seen a boy with tousled brown hair and pure brown eyes and a flawless face. This was my brother’s true love Damien Maslin.
“No it’s my fault,” He said taking my shoulders. I had my head down so he didn’t mistake me for my brother as well. “Are you alright?” I nodded making sure my head was down.
“I’ve gotta-”
“Why were you crying?” He cut me off trying to peer at me as I kept my head down.
“Because my twin brother got murdered recently and I remind people too much of him,” I raised my head and looked him in the eye. My blue eyes shown as tears fell from them. My blond hair blew in the wind as he stared at me. “I’m sorry Damien. I’ve gotta go before I make you cry, too.” I turned to run but two pretty girls stopped me. They were more of Jack’s friends, Erin Bates and Shaunee Cole, and just before they got a good look at me I turned back towards Damien and walked right by him.
“Alexander wait,” A female voice called making me stop as soon as I passed Damien.
“Hey Z,” Shaunee and Erin said smiling at Zoey as Damien stared at me.
“Hey,” She said walking right to me. “Alexander, you ran outta there so fast I didn’t get a chance to say ‘Hi’”
“Hi, Zoey, I’m sorry but I nearly made you and Lenobia cry so I had to get outta there before you did. Plus, I just nearly made Damien cry so I can’t take it. He told me so much about you that I could recognize you on site. I finally get marked and I can’t share the good news with HIM.” Tears streaked my face as I talked I couldn’t stand it. “I’ve gotta go.” I took off running as she called after me.
As I ran I saw a pitch black cat that jumped out at me as I ran. She trampled me as I stopped. She pounced on my chest and licked my tears away.
“Hey cutie where did you come from?” I asked leaning up to find Dragon Lankford staring at me. “Hi.”
“Jack?” he asked staring at me.
“No, sir, I’m his twin brother Alexander. Nice to meet you. Are you by any chance Dragon Lankford?” I asked looking him in his sorrow filled eyes. All he did was nod.
“Jack told me a lot about you. In his very last letter he said that you were depressed because of what happened to your mate. He said he knew you were upset, and that he knew that you would somehow find a way to easy your pain. He said that you would find a way to deal with it. He told me that, that was how you were. He said that you were kind and forgiving and that you protect anyone when you’re not protecting yourself. He told me that you were his favorite teacher and that he wanted to grow up to be just like you. I know that if he was still here he would tell me the exact same thing. That’s why I wanted to thank you for protecting him and being kind to him when he truly need it most. I want to thank you for being a really good friend of his.” I picked up the beautiful black cat, that looked more like a kitten, and walked towards class when I saw the first ever Red Vampyre Stevie-Ray. All I was thinking was ‘Oh Damn, why now.’
I walked up to her and made sure I kept my head low. Tears streaked my face as passed her and she caught my arm. Her eyes turned red as she looked at me. I looked her in the eyes and clutched the kitten to my chest.
“Hello, Ms. Stevie-Ray Johnson, my name is Alexander Twist,” Tears streaked my face as she looked at me. “I’ve gotta go.” I tore away from her as I ran down the sidewalk. I was talking to myself when I felt an odd presence. I turned and blacked out.
I looked down on the Tulsa House of Night. I was way above the clouds and I wasn’t breathing. I could feel everything around me, I wasn’t breathing. Everything was different nothing felt the same they were all different.
“You’ve finally changed,” a familiar tenor voice chimed and I turned to see my big brother staring at me. Tears streaked my face as I stared at him. He was just as beautiful as the picture I had in my wallet. His hair was the same as was his tone and voice. The only difference was his eyes weren’t that beautiful blue they were gold.
“Jack!” I rushed towards him and he hugged me back. “I’ve missed you so much. Plus, since I’ve been changed and come to the House of Night, I’ve been stared at called by your name. I’ve nearly made people cry and I’ve met that evil teacher she scared me so much.”
“Calm down, Alexander,” Jack mumbled stroking my hair. “My little brother, you are nothing like me. You’re sweet, cute, adorable, perfect, and the only one who can help Zoey. You can talk to the dead. You are the only one who can talk to Nyx and any person of Nyx’s realm. You must talk to her and stay by her.” I nodded and looked over to the side. I stared down at the Earth and saw Zoey and Damien gathered over my body.
“He really is cute,” I said smiling at Damien as I said that to Jack.
“Yes he is. You have my permission to go after him. It’ll be good for him and for you. You both need each other. Take care of him.” I nodded.
I looked back down at Earth and saw that Damien had taken my hand. The black kitten I was holding was crying to me.
“Nightmare,” I whispered smiling at Jack. “What do you think?”
“I like it. It suits your style, perfectly. I love you, Alexander. You have to tell Everyone I said ‘I love them’ for me. Tell them about your gift from Nyx and if they don’t believe you-”
“I’ll tell them myself,” Nyx’s beautiful voice chimed making my heart pound.
“Merry meet, My Goddess,” I replied smiling at her. “Thank you for taking care of us all and for letting me see my brother at the time I needed him most.”
“Of course, my child, now go you are needed there.” She pointed to Jack’s friends as Damien picked me up. I nodded and closed my eyes. Instantly I was transported back to my body. Nightmare was laying in my lap as Damien carried me to the girls’ dorm.
“What happened?” I asked putting my hand to my head. I had a massive migraine that came from the center of my head.
“Your mark is filled in!” Shaunee shouted looking at me.
“She’s right. Now tell me, why were you laying in the grass NOT BREATHING?” Stevie-Ray asked reaching for the kitten that hissed at her.
“Calm down Nightmare,” I said putting my hand on her head. “I talked to Jack…. And Nyx.” Damien nearly dropped me.
“WHAT?” They all shouted gaping at me.
“He is telling the truth,” Nyx’s beautiful, melodic voice chimed as she appeared in front of us.
“Merry meet my Goddess,” we all said smiling at her.
“Nyx, my Goddess. Why are you here?” Dragon Lankford asked looking at Nyx’s beauty.
“I’m here for Alexander. Have you reconsidered your thought on forgiving Rephaim?” She asked smiling at him.
“Yes, My Goddess, I have. I’ve decided to forgive the child,” he answered. “Thanks to Jack and Alexander. They have shown me that I was being selfish.” Stevie-Ray hugged him.
“Thank you. Rephaim will be so happy that you forgave him, but he’ll wanna make it up to you.” She let him go and smiled.
“He doesn’t have to do anything.” He smiled as tears streaked his cheeks. “My Goddess tell my mate ‘I love her and thank you.”
“Of course my child. Now I must go. I’ll see you soon. Whenever you need me, Alexander.” She disappeared leaving us alone.
“Damien?” I asked looking at him. He was smiling down at me knowing that Jack had given me some kind of advice. “Jack says he loves you all.” I jumped down and was going to walk to class when the strangest thing happened. Well not necessarily strange but painful. I dropped down and stopped breathing AGAIN. This was starting to get on my nerves.
“Are you a friend of Zoey’s?” A woman asked having Zoey’s voice only older. I turned to see an older version of Zoey.
“Yes, Mrs. Montgomery,” I mumbled looking down on the world. Damien was sitting by my body holding my hand again. “Do you want me to tell her something for you?”
“It’s Mrs. Redbird now and please. Just tell her, her momma says ‘I love you and I’m sorry and that I did love her that I’ve always loved her. Tell her that I’m so proud of her. That I never ever want her to give up on anything.’ Thank you.” She disappeared and I returned to my body gasping for air.
“Hey it’s alright,” Damien said stroking my hair as he picked me up. I pointed at Zoey trying to catch y breath. I snapped and waved my hand at her. She came closer and I repeated what her mom said. She smiled and looked up at the clouds. She nodded and kissed my forehead.
“Can I go with you?” I asked Damien and Zoey as I petted Nightmare. “I don’t like it here I feel evil everywhere especially coming from Neferet. I don’t like it there are to many shadows around her. They swirl around her waiting for her command. So please?” I asked shaking even though I wasn’t cold.
Suddenly pain shot through my head and I clutched it with both hands as I grinded my teeth together. Tears streaked my face as they took me to the dorm. Suddenly something hit me in the back. I felt blood soak my shirt as Damien head looked down at me. His eyes were filled with horror.
“DRAGON!” He yelled at Dragon, who rushed to my side. I fell limp in Damien’s arms and he set me on the ground. Something was sticking through my back. It was black and long. It looked like a shadow. My eyes widened when Darius approached us follow by Aphrodite.
Every inch of my body locked up and refused to let go. Dragon held up my body while Darius tried to determine what hit me. My eyes turned pure black then dissolved to white.
“Get him to the infirmary and don’t let Neferet get near him. He has a power she needs. Go. Now,” Lenobia came up behind them shocking them. They nodded and Damien pulled me back into his arms. “It’s all going to be okay, little one.” I nodded as they carried me to the infirmary.
“Are you alright, Alexander?” Damien asked looking down at me. They were all crying even though no one knew me.
“You shouldn’t be crying,” I smiled a lifeless smile as I reached up to Damien’s face and wiped away the tears that fell.
“We’re crying because you’re our friend,” Shaunee said wiping her tears away. “You’re new and your Jack’s brother he would be mad if we weren’t your friends.”
“She’s right,” Erin smiled through her tears as everyone agreed. I smiled through the pain and dropped my hand from Damien’s cheek.
“I can see why Jack loves you all so much,” I sighed blacking out.
I was up above the clouds again. Seeing everything happen below me. People were rushing teachers were trying to keep their kids under control. The nurses rushed to figure out how to help me. I was scared and didn’t know what was happening.
“What’s going on, Jack?” I asked as he appeared beside me.
“Just a set back. Neferet hit you with that thing in your back now,” he sighed putting his arm around me. “Don’t worry it’s not your time to go yet.” I smiled at him. He was the same big brother only he was finally happy for the rest of eternity.
“Do you really mind if I go after Damien? I mean of course after the restricted amount of time of course,” I asked looking at him dead serious. I loved my brother, but I also kind of liked Damien too. He nodded at me and squeezed my hand. I listened in to the conversation they were having on Earth carefully and inventively.
“So, is he gonna be alright?” Damien asked Dragon Lankford as he stepped out of the room with the think, that went through my back, in the palm of his hand.
“He’s breathing, but he’s not waking up,” He mumbled turning the thing over in his palm. “None of the nurses know what to do they wanted to call Neferet, but I told them it’s alright. I’ve got to go Stevie-Ray is going to get he boyfriend and let ME apologize to him.” He exited the room leaving Damien and Zoey alone.
“If he doesn’t wake up tomorrow I wanna take him down to the tunnels with us,” Damien said to Zoey. “I don’t want To leave him here all alone. Especially with Neferet here. I’ll stay with him tonight. You guys go on home.” Zoey smiled at him and stood up to leave. “Can I talk to you for a bit though?”
“Go right ahead you can talk to me about anything,” Zoey said sitting back down beside him. Then caught his expression and looked at Stark who had been following her all day. I was wondering why I hadn’t seen him myself he was yummy. I turned to Jack and smiled.
“You were right in your letters he is yummy.” I pointed to Stark. Jack just laughed as I listened to Damien talk to Zoey.
“I kind of… Zoey I’m falling in love with Alexander and I just met him,” Damien said putting his head in his hands. I looked down at him my eyes wide and mouth gaping. Then I heard Jack giggle.
“I knew sooner or later you would steal him,” He laughed at my blushing face,
“Three days AFTER your first true love dies? Not only that, but his twin?” Shaunee asked walking into the room
“Hey, I feel abashed enough without you ballyhooing it to the world,” Damien groaned laying his head back against the wall.
“Aba what?”
“Bally who?”
“Abashed feeling ashamed, embarrassed, uncomfortable. Ballyhoo loud advertisement,” Stevie-Ray said entering the room. “Leave him alone. He feels bad about it so let him be, yall.”
“H-he feels bad about loving me?” I asked Jack tears in my eyes. Jack looked mad. I guessed since he wasn’t necessarily in Nyx’s realm he could feel anger.
“Can I use your body for like two minutes?” He asked and I nodded. He flew to the Earth and entered my body.
“He’s awake!” A nurse called and they all entered the room.
“Alexander?” Damien asked looking at my body. Jack shook my head and glared at Damien.
“No. It’s me Jack, my brother knows I am using his body. I heard your little conversation and I just wanted to know why you feel bad about loving my brother?” He asked sitting up.
“I feel bad because you died three days ago and I just met him!” He said his eyes widening.
“Damien, sweetie, love him. It’s what you both need. I don’t mind you going after him, just as long as you realize it’s him and not me, Just go after him,” Jack said.
“I can’t do it. He looks too much-”
“Damn it, Damien!” He shouted. “He loves you the same way I do. Don’t worry ‘bout hurting me. I’ll be fine. You need someone other than friends to comfort you. You need someone like, Alexander. There’s nothing to worry ‘bout I understand. Now once I leave this body I want you to take that pretty head of yours and pull it out of your pretty virgin ass and ask out Alexander. I know you like him for him and not for what he looks like. Just try, for me. I love you all, goodbye.” He departed my body and stood beside me. My mouth was gaping and my eyes were wide. My brother had just sat there, in my body, and cussed for the first time. What the hell?
“What, the hell, was that?” I asked looking at him. I was so confused he was the good child the ‘Always do what’s right’ child. Not the ‘Yo, fuck you’ one.
“Jack that was uncalled for,” Nyx scolded when she appeared on the cloud beside us.
“I’m sorry Nyx, but it was my one last stand as Jack Twist,” he said smiling at me. “Besides it was for my little brother, I haven’t seen him in so long and the last time he had a boyfriend he was…” he paused looking at me and the tears in my eyes, “he was raped I went off edge when it happened and my dad nearly shot the dude.” Tears streaked his cheeks as they did mine.
“I’ve gotta go. Love you Jack. Goodbye my Goddess,” I put my hand over my chest and bowed then I closed my eyes and woke up in my body.
“Hey,” Zoey said as Damien stood beside her.
“Damien about what Jack said you don’t have to-” he cut me off by bending down and kissing me. My world exploded and my breathing stopped. I froze and so did everyone in the room. I closed my eyes instantly and kissed him back.
“It’s alright,” he said breaking the kiss. “He was right I had to get my head outta my ass and go after what I wanted and what I want is you.”
“Oh barf,” Erin said making a gagging sound.
“I agree with you, twin.” Shaunee frowned making a face at our little love scene.
“I don’t want to stay here,” I said looking at Zoey. “It’s to dangerous. Neferet hit me with that thing. She’s evil and- and,” I looked at Damien who nodded at me. Gently he put his hand to my forehead and then to my cheek.
“Hey, gay boy, Is twin gay boy alright?” Aphrodite asked walking in the room.
“Jack was right she is gorgeous, beautiful, and-”
“Perfect?” She asked smiling at me.
“No, bitchy,” I corrected and the twins, Damien, and Stevie Ray broke out laughing. She just glared at me. So I turned back to the earlier conversation. “Please I don’t want to stay here.” I looked at Damien.
“The sun rises in thirty minutes. Me, Stark and the Red Fledglings have to go or we die,” Stevie Ray said looking at me. “Bring him with us.” Damien nodded and picked me up. I winced and grinded my teeth together trying to keep from crying.
“Thank you,” I mumbled resting my head on Damien’s shoulder. I drifted to sleep in Damien’s arms as he took me to my new home.
Sign up to rate and review this story