Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Once upon a White Day...

Who is this 'prince'?

by shakespeare_lozza 0 reviews

An open journal can reveal many things... What will Kyo do when confronted by one? He is in for the shock of his life!

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Kyo, Tohru, Yuki - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-05-19 - Updated: 2006-05-20 - 830 words

1Funny
Kyo raced straight up to his room. That walk with Tohru had to one of the most awkward encounters he had ever had in his entire life! And let's not forget that he had been involved in quite a few, seeing as Kagura had been his close childhood 'companion' for many years now. How could I have told her the truth? When she asked me what was wrong, I could have sworn my heart dropped out of the soles of my feet and got hit by a passing bus! How could I have told her that my problem was of her doing... My problem was HER!

Kyo furtively walked into the bathroom and gently splashed his face with water, in a futile attempt to control his burning cheeks. Tohru... How that name brought emotion in a myriad of means...

It was then that Kyo glanced at his reflection in the mirror. Laughing, he ridiculed his own lovelorn expression. He looked like a bewildered moon calf, dumbstruck by cupid's misguided arrow. Oh man, now I'm becoming as fanciful as AYAME! Now that's when you know something is severely wrong. He never would have believed that one day the mighty Kyo Sohma, infamous tough guy, was laid low by a tiny slip of a girl. He who had trained in the mountains along side his beloved master. No.. father. He is my father... Would be brought to such a pitiful level...

It's like she wrenched my heart out of my chest while I stood their watching.
No... I did more than watch... If anything I helped her rip it out.


Kyo looked into his own face, and as he watched his gestures turn from mocking to bone-deep sadness... he realised a very potent fact.

... She's ripped out my heart... But I don't even think she knows she has it.

Exiting the bathroom, he strolled back to his room. Glancing here and there, he decided to visit Tohru. It is just to check up on her...yes... that's all it is...Looking into her room, he called her name softly. To his disappointment, she was not there.

Is it perverted to enter a girl's room uninvited? ... probably... but she might be trapped in the closet or something, the ironing board might have smashed her over the head!

Convinced, Kyo slowly crept into Tohru's room. Her presence was everywhere, her hairbrush and pins lay scattered on the vanity, and her school books were thrown all over the floor. However, it was one book that attracted his attention like no other. It lay quietly on her study desk, open to all eyes. He didn't know what it was that drew him to this book, for it certainly it was not its appearance. It was covered with finely made white and gold leather. Its pages were of a pinkish hue, and if Kyo knew his stuff, he would have bet his life it was probably scented. However the book just held an aura. /An aura that radiates of her.../Even Kyo had learnt that much after training with Master Kuzuma. He glanced furtively to the doorway, to make sure he was still alone. He then moved over to read the open page;

... I have never felt this way before... How can I simply put it in words? I fear there is no true way to justify my feelings in mere characters... Could this be- no. It is impossible. How can I know he feels the same about me? He's so perfect, that I am positive that mum would have approved. How can I describe him? He's handsome, brave, kind and generous to a fault! When I am with him, I always find myself in tune to what he's feeling.

And when I look into his eyes, I know he cares about me... but I fear that it is not to the same extent that I care about him... How can I tell him I love him so much that my heart could burst....? He is my prince... Tomorrow is St White's day, and it is my dire hope that he will tie a white ribbon in my hair...

Stay calm Tohru, let us not get our hopes up...


/Tohru was in love? With who? /The book mentioned no names. She deemed her 'phantom' love to be 'handsome, brave, kind and generous to a fault.'

THAT'S NOT ME AT ALL!

Kyo stepped back from the journal, and managed to stumble to his own room. His heart felt bruised at the idea that she could already be in love. There had been nothing that related to him at all... Kyo frowned. She had mentioned something about loving her prince.

Kyo scowled, and then his mind formed an idea so foul to him, that he thought that he could just fall down and die. Prince equates to Yuki, Yuki equates to Tohru's close friend, Prince equates to Tohru's mysterious love...

"NO! OVER MY DEAD BODY YOU GOD DAMN RAT!"
Sign up to rate and review this story