Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

As We Go On, We Remember

by XxLiveyourlifExX 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-03-22 - Updated: 2011-03-22 - 874 words - Complete

0Unrated
As We Go On, We Remember

The next morning, Chris’ alarm went off at ten. She woke up to find herself wrapped in Pete’s arms, her head still on his chest. She untangled herself from his hold. She went to the kitchen for coffee and a bagel. There she found Sara and Becca. They looked how Chris felt.

“I can’t believe it’s over,” Sara said.

“We’re adults now,” Chris added.

“Ya,” Becca sighed.

They ate and drank then went off to their bedrooms to get ready for the biggest day of their lives so far. Chris took a shower and put on athletic shorts and a button up shirt. She had her hair twisted up in a towel and started doing her make up. It was eleven thirty and she needed to dry her hair, but Pete was asleep. She felt bad waking him up, but he probably should have been up anyway.

She touched his shoulder, “Pete you should probably get up.”

“But I’m sleepinggggg.” He moaned.

“I know. I’m just warning you. I’m about to turn on my hair dryer and it’s really loud.”

He just rolled over.

“Fine, have it you way.” She skipped to the bathroom. She dried her hair and curled it. She put on her burnt orange dress and finished her makeup. Then she put on her cap. Her hair looked weird. All poofy.

“BECCA! SARA!” she shouted. They came running. They were already dressed too. Becca’s hair was in a mess of bobby pins and Sara’s makeup was only half done.

“What?”

“What are you doing with your hair?” Chris asked.

“I don’t know,” Becca said, “I can’t figure it out.”

“Don’t even talk to me about hair. We have thirty minutes and my hair’s not even brushed.” Sara was panicking.

“Ok, everyone calm down.” It was Stacy. “Sara go finish your make up and style your hair, then come see me, we’ll get you cap to look right. Becca go get your brush, pins, and cap. Chris, sit down. Let me fix it.”

Chris sat down. Stacy began pulling pieces of hair off her face and into bobby pins. Within a few minutes, she replaced Chris’ cap. With a few more pins she secured it against the crazy Texas wind. “Take a look.”

Chris stood up and looked in the mirror. “Oh thanks Stacy, that looks great!” She hugged her.

“No problem. No go into the living room. You mother left the boys strict instructions of what pictures they were to take before you left.”

Chris passed Becca on the way out. “That looks great, Tina.”

“Thanks!”

Out in the living room Chris had to take several pictures. And by several, I mean thousands.
A picture with her cap and gown on, a picture with her cap on but her gown off, a picture with both the cap and gown off (Stacy assistance was required), a picture of her with the gown on and no cap, a picture with Stacy, a picture with Pete, a picture with Joe, a picture with Patrick, a picture with Andy, a picture with the boys all together, a picture with all of the kids from Chicago, a picture with Becca, a picture with Sara, a picture with Becca and Sara. Becca and Sara also took individual pictures.

Chris was doing touch ups in a mirror. She caught a glimpse of the necklace Matt gave her.
She smiled into the mirror. For the first time, the thought of Matt didn’t make her tear up.

Then it was time for the girls to go. They lined up, marched into the arena, sat through the speeches, then it was time. They walked down the stairs. They waited patiently.

“Rebecca Alison Rhodes.”

Becca walked forward. There was a large cheer from the section right across from where they had been sitting. Being from Texas she had a large amount of family there making noise.

“Sara Marie Williams.”

Her cheer, while smaller, was still raucous. She stepped forward, shook the dean’s hand, smiled for the camera, and then did a cartwheel as she walked away.

“Christina Leah Henry.”

“HEY CHRIS! WE LOVE YOU BACK!”

She smiled and waved at her section. She held back tears as she shook the dean’s hand, smiled, and got her diploma.

After it was all over, they found their families. We were shepherded by Mr. Rhodes into waiting limos to take us to the hotel. The kids were in one limo, the parents in another. The kids were excited to find a fully stocked bar in their limo. There was a bottle of Cristal with a note that said: “Congratulations girls! We are so proud of you! Love, The Rhodes, The Williams, and The Henrys”

The popped open the bottle and filled up glasses. They took pictures on the way to the resort their parents were staying at. In twenty minutes they were there.

A/N:Ten magically inconsequential points to whoever can figure out where the title's from lol. hope you like it...this story gets pretty fluffy from here on out, but sometimes you need fluff, right? right. Love, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story