Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Watch The World

by XxLiveyourlifExX 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-04-27 - Updated: 2011-04-28 - 1016 words - Complete

0Unrated
Watch the World

The party started out with just the families and the boys and Stacy, taking pictures and doing presents. Then the limos began arriving. Mr. Rhodes had arranged a pick up point from campus with a limo shuttle service so all their friends could come. Their whole sorority came along with their brother fraternity. Friends that they just graduated with, people they had been in class with, just a ridiculous amount of people.

The only way to describe this party would be to equate it with a wedding reception. There was a big sit down dinner, an open bar, cakes for each of the girls, tables heaped with presents, and dancing. After dinner and cake the girls had decided they would speak. Sara went first, thanking all of their parents, their sisters, a few individuals and then the girls she lived with. Then it was Becca’s turn. She did the same as Sara. Then it was Chris’ turn to speak. She stood and took the mic.

“So, hi everyone. Some of you know me as Tina, or Christina, and others call me Chris. To me, the different names are different people and I want to thank everyone who allows me to be whichever one it is that I need to be. Christina and the earliest incarnation of Tina was my family. To my aunts and uncles and my grandparents. Thank you for all that you’ve done for me. You have kept me grounded even when I dyed my hair bright green and took that very brief vow of silence in the ninth grade. The second incarnation of Tina was my family here at UT. To my Gamma Deltas, you are crazy, you are beautiful, you gave me a home here when I was lost. You are my sisters and I love you. Thank you. To Sigma Alpha, you boys are responsible for some of my favorite memories here. You were always good for a laugh. Thanks. To my Genetics major friends, look, we made it. We survived Polsky’s eight AM lectures when he yelled at us about DNA, we all managed to survive a ridiculous course load, crazy finals, and have a social life. Yay us. The people who call me Chris are a group of people I hold close to my heart. The first person to call me Chris was my brother Matt,” she tried not to choke up when she said his name. “For those of you who don’t know, Matt passed away three years ago from a brain tumor. Matt influenced me in so many ways when I was young. To lose him was devastating. It’s why I left Chicago and everything and everyone there behind and came here. While coming to Austin was an awesome idea, not speaking to my dearest friends at home was a very stupid one. But thankfully they are better people than I am. Pete, Stacy, Patrick, Joe and Andy, thank you for forgiving me for leaving. Thank you for taking a chance and showing up in Austin. Thank you for keeping your promise to Matt. Thank you for keeping his memory alive. I love you more than anything else. To Becca and Sara, since we’ve lived together, it’s been two and a half years, can you believe it? Since we’ve lived together, you two have inspired me to be like the happy, hard working, and driven young ladies that you are. I’m impressed with us. This morning I told you that we were adults, then two hours later proceeded to shriek through the house because I couldn’t fix my hair right. Becca said ‘I can’t believe it’s over.’ But it isn’t over. There is no way that we could ever be over. This is just our beginning. To Mr. and Mrs. Williams and Mr. and Mrs. Rhodes, thank you for all your generosity over the years. You helped give me an exceptional college experience. I am truly thankful. And finally to my parents, I love you so much. Thank you for supporting me. I know it wasn’t easy for me to go so far away so soon after Matt’s passing. Thank you for letting me be myself as a kid. Thank you for letting me hang out with Matt and Pete and cause trouble. Thank you for everything. I love you.”

Everyone clapped. “Ok, enough of this. Let’s dance!”

The DJ started the music. Chris went and got a drink. Pete found her and took her to the dance floor with her friends. After a few songs, the music stopped.

“I know, I know,” Mr. Rhodes voice came over the PA, “You want to dance. I just have a few more things. Becca, Sara, Tina, come up here please?”

The three girls clasped hands and went up on stage.

“I know we already did presents from us, but I have a few more to give out. You three girls continually impress me. I’m so proud of you, not only for having completed your undergraduate education, but also in the initiative you took to become gainfully employed after graduation. Sara and Tina, your jobs are here in Austin so I would like to pay the rent on your current apartment for the next two years.” The two girls gasped. “And Becca, I know you will be going away for Teach for America, but when you get your assignment, I will also pay for your housing for two years. I also think that you girls deserve a treat, you’ve worked so hard. So Mrs. Rhodes and I would like to offer you the lake house for the next week. Mr and Mrs. Williams and Mr. and Mrs. Henry have agreed, and together we will be paying for all your expenses. So happy graduation girls, we love you!”

A/N: So I know it's been awhile (sorry) but I finally got back to writing when I had a bout of insomnia last week. So here's some more. Enjoy. Love, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story