Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Naruto: Hells Way of Thanks

Naruto: Hells Way of Thanks

by ShadowWriter_XD 3 reviews

25 year old Naruto returns to the past after Sasuke and Sakura band together resulting in the destruction of Konoha. Slight Eyeshield21 crossover. Rated R for no reason. Full summary inside.

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Humor - Characters: Kakashi,Naruto - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2011-02-13 - Updated: 2011-02-13 - 4885 words

5Exciting
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto, not now not ever, because it would be too troublesome if I did own it.

XD ം०҆'˚'҅०౦ംഠ०◦∙ Šħĩķä­­­­Ķūņ ∙◦०ഠം౦०҆'˚'҅०ം XD

Summary:
25 year old Naruto returns to the past after Sasuke and Sakura band together resulting in the destruction of Konoha. Desperate to set things straight and to stop the inevitable, Naruto must go through blood sweat and tears to make it happen. But what happens when a stranger enters Naruto's life, messing Naruto's plans for the future, what happens when the seal starts to weaken? What will happen when Naruto has to make the most difficult decision in all the years he has lived? Will he be able to reach his dreams and stop this madness, or will he get lost in the game and perish in hell.
(crappy summary I know)

XD ം०҆'˚'҅०౦ംഠ०◦∙ Šħĩķä­­­­Ķūņ ∙◦०ഠം౦०҆'˚'҅०ം XD

Prologue:

Are you sure kit?

“Yeah, I’m sure”

A blond 25 year old male stood looking down upon the ruins of what was once the greatest of the five shinobi nations in the world. Naruto let a clear diamond of liquid slip down his cheek and fall to the ground, as he remembered all the smiling faces of his precious people the people who despised him the people who he loved and cherished no matter what. They were all gone, and he was at fault for it. Kyubi nodded and started chanting in an unknown language, it was then that everything went black for our blond hero.

XD ം०҆'˚'҅०౦ംഠ०◦∙ Šħĩķä­­­­Ķūņ ∙◦०ഠം౦०҆'˚'҅०ം XD
Chapter 1:
XD ം०҆'˚'҅०౦ംഠ०◦∙ Šħĩķä­­­­Ķūņ ∙◦०ഠം౦०҆'˚'҅०ം XD


Naruto woke up finding himself in an apartment he hadn’t been in, in at least 10 years, ‘Kyu-kun? How far back did you send us?’ Naruto waited a few seconds before his tenant replied. ‘12 years, kit’ Naruto pondered for a moment, ‘That means today is the day we get sorted out into our teams…’ Naruto sighed before glancing at his alarm clock.

“…5 am sigh, better get up” Naruto moved towards the familiar bathroom and got ready to take a shower, his mind wondered on the ‘recent’ events that played in his mind. Sighing again Naruto shut off the water and stepped out of the shower drying himself off, and moved towards his closet to meet a sea of orange.

Naruto groaned and shuddered, Kyuubi rolled around in his cage laughing, “I forgot about these, oh man…damn villagers, trying to get me killed”

Naruto sighed for the millionth time this morning and put on a simple black t-shirt and the orange pants of his attire. Leaving his jacket Naruto grabbed his frog wallet and stepped out of the apartment, walking down the streets of Konoha, which were empty.

Naruto went around searching for some decent clothing, having found out a ‘long’ time ago that the villagers were still asleep in the mornings and didn’t pay attention to what they were doing or who exactly came in and out of their shop. The blonde entered shops with ease and without worry of being cursed at or having things thrown at him.

He strolled around the shop looking for simple yet comfortable and effective shinobi clothing, in the end he got a pair of ANBU pants, a sleeveless plain red top; Gathering five more of the same type of clothing. He paid for the clothing and continued his way down the road towards (in his opinion) one of the best weaponry shops in Konoha.

Upon entering the store he was bombarded by Konoha’s finest pieces of weaponry, all sorts of kunai’s, hand-less and twin bladed as well as Fuma shuriken, Dai shuriken and the standard academy shuriken. Trench knives and metal wires filled the shelves, as well as exploding notes, smoke bombs, weapon scrolls, weights of all sizes, soldier pills and makibishi (senbon needles).

The walls were practically painted with swords and katana of all sizes and styles and that was only a quarter of what was in the shop. Naruto smiled to himself and went around the shop gathering new weaponry, gathering all he needed he paid for the items and left the shop and headed back to his apartment with a smile on his face.

Naruto unlocked the apartment door and moved towards his dressing table and pulled out a needle and some gold thread, he picked through the bags of new items and pulled out all of his red shirts, grabbing one he quickly set to work glancing at the clock every now and then.

Finishing he set the red shirt down on his bed and admired his work. Naruto smirked, the plain red shirt now had gold embroidering around the sides and edges, and right in the middle was a golden shadow of a fox, its nine tails flying freely behind it. The creatures body low as if ready to pounce and one front leg in front of the other, growling at an unknown predator.

Naruto pulled the shirt on then the pants, he gathered his weapons and set them in the many, many pockets he had, he put a genjutsu on the pockets so that all the weapons appeared not to be their.

He put his forehead protector around his neck, pulled his now black shinobi sandals on and moved towards his wardrobe, gathering all his orange jumpsuits and dumping them on the floor before using a simple katon jutsu to incinerate them all. Moving back towards the closet he pulled out a long white cloak with red flames coming out of the bottom,

“I remember oji-san gave me this” Naruto sighed and pulled it on.

Taking another glance at the clock he found it was still early, shrugging Naruto made his way across rooftops towards the academy slowly taking his time and taking in the soft breeze that made its way through his hair and made his cloak fly behind him. Landing at the entrance he moved towards his classroom and took his usual seat at the classroom being the first one here he put his feet up on the table leaned back on his chair and closed his eye’s falling into a light sleep, what seemed like seconds later he woke up by a chakra signature coming towards the room.

Closing his eye’s again Naruto heard the sound of a door sliding open and then a crash almost immediately followed, Naruto opened a lazy eye and saw Iruka standing their shocked and a little flustered. Naruto grinned his usual flashy grin

“Ohaiyo, Iruka-sensei!” Naruto said in his unusually loud voice, Iruka regaining composure smiled back a Naruto and returned the greeting.

“Ohaiyo, Naruto-kun” Iruka’s eye’s wandered over Naruto’s new wardrobe and fixed his eye’s on the golden nine-tailed fox that Naruto engraved into the shirt. His eyes widened then softened, he let a small smile creep over his features, Naruto gave him a grin and then went back to relaxing, leaving Iruka to do whatever it was he did.

It wasn’t long before the whole class was filled with students, (Iruka stepped out of the class again to tend to some business he had). Many were looking at Naruto wandering why he was there, others wandering about his new wardrobe, Naruto was getting a little annoyed at being the centre of attention and hearing the whispers that went around the room. It was not until Shikamaru approached him that the whispers stopped and everyone listened, “Oi, Naruto, what the hell are you doing here? Only those who have passed are supposed to be here.”

Naruto opened an eye and looked up at the Nara, “Look at the forehead protector genius.” Shikamaru resumed his usual ‘can’t be bothered’ stance “Tch, troublesome” and walked away.

Just then the door burst open and two girls fought to get through the door, both entering the pink haired kunouchi exclaimed “HA! I beat you Ino-pig”

The blonde girl turned to face her ‘rival’ and ex-best friend, “No way forehead girl my toe entered before you and your forehead did!” Naruto scowled upon the arrival of the pink haired girl, suppressing a strong amount of killer intent intended for the girl and went back to resting, that is until said girl came rushing towards him

“Oi, Naruto baka, move your ass I want to sit next to Sasuke-kun!” Naruto looked next to him and indeed their was Sasuke brooding as usual, raising an eye-brow, Naruto closed his eye’s and went back to his daydreaming ignoring the fact that nearly every girl in the class was in front of both him and Sasuke fighting over who was going to sit down next to ‘their’ Sasuke-kun.

That is they were until Sakura sent out a killer intent that could scare the Hokage away, all the girls scattered and Sakura turned to claim her prize only to find Naruto in the way. “Naruto, move I want to sit next to Sasuke-kun” She screamed, Naruto cringed at the level of her voice, but made no sign that he was moving any time soon.

This unfortunately did not sit too well with Sakura “Naruto baka! MOVE!” Naruto continued to ignore her until she snapped, Sakura moved to punch Naruto, Naruto lifted his arm lazily and caught the punch.

He got a good hold on her hand almost crushing it, he opened his eye’s to reveal the coldest blue eye’s in the world “Don’t touch me” His voice dripped with hate and anger it sounded almost demonic.

“If your oversized forehead hasn’t deterred your capability of seeing then you wouldn’t have trouble seeing an empty chair on the other side of the brooding teme-” Sasuke scowled at the comment “Also if you don’t quiet down I’m pretty sure that everyone present will go deaf because of your unnatural banshee-like voice” He said in a teasing tone.

Sakura looked about to be on the verge of tears, everyone was quiet and now staring at Naruto in shock, Naruto by now had let go of Sakura and had gone back to daydreaming and reminiscing. It wasn’t until Iruka came in and tolled Sakura to sit down that everything went back to normal, Iruka congratulated everyone for graduating and started setting them into their teams,

“Team one-” Naruto tuned out after that knowing what Iruka was going to say, he went back into a sitting position and laid his head down on the desk. “Team seven Haruno Sakura (Sakura lifted her head), Uchiha Sasuke (Sasuke didn’t care, Sakura went into her fan-girl mode), and Uzamaki Naruto…”

Everyone looked over to Naruto to see how he would react, Sakura looked over at Naruto in anger, Naruto however didn’t show any sign that he had heard, that was probably because he was asleep.

The class sweat-dropped “NARUTO! Pay attention!” Naruto opened his eyes and looked his sensei sleepily “did you say something Iruka-sensei?” everyone fell of their chairs and then regained their composure just as quickly. “NARUTO! Pay attention when I’m talking to you!” Iruka screamed, only to find that Naruto….had fallen asleep…again?

Iruka turned red from anger and threw a chalk duster at Naruto, upon instinct Naruto dodged the duster without effort, shocking many. “ne, ne, I’m up, I’m up” Naruto mumbled something the rest of the class couldn’t hear and went back to his seat.

“Now as I was saying, Naruto you’re on team seven and your teammates will be Haruno Sakura and Uchiha Sasuke” Everybody was ready for a reaction from the blonde male but were surprised when none came, many thinking that the blonde had fallen asleep again turned to look at him but were surprised when they saw he was still awake.

After a minute of silence, Iruka moved on with the other teams, Naruto still having everyone’s attention, “All right everyone wait here for your jounin instructors” Iruka said as he left the class room, not long after every student had been taken by their instructors, except team seven, an hour passed and still their sensei hadn’t shown, not that Naruto had expected any better.

Getting fed up of waiting Naruto exited the classroom from the window and jumped, Sasuke and Sakura running to the window wondering what the hell the blonde was thinking only to see him running down the side of the building and soon jumping over the rooftops out of sight.

‘Damn that stupid sensei of mine! What the hell is it with him and keeping a reputation of coming late of all things’ Naruto headed for the cemetery where he knew his sensei was, when Naruto arrived at the cemetery he indeed found his sensei there.

The silvered-haired man was looking over a tombstone, Naruto sighed making his presence known, he walked over to his sensei who looked up, Naruto kept walking knowing his sensei would recognize him immediately, he grabbed Kakashi by the back of his shirt and began dragging him back towards the academy.

Kakashi being confused as to how his student found him shrugged and pulled out a little orange book, which made him giggle a perverted giggle, it was like that the whole way through the village, they entered the academy and then opened the classroom door to find a still brooding Sasuke and a fan-girlish Sakura.

Both looked up when they heard the door open, Naruto came in dragging Kakashi behind him, Naruto let go of Kakashi who dropped to the floor, still giggling. Kakashi got off of the floor and put the book away. He turned to face his students; he set his eyes on a fuming Sakura, brooding, but equally fuming Sasuke and a bored looking Naruto.

Kakashi studied his students with an up-turned ‘U’ of an eye indicating hat he was smiling, “Hmm, how can I say this. My first impression of you is…” both Sasuke and Sakura waited to hear what he was going to say, but immediately fell face first when they heard it. ‘….I don’t like you’.

Naruto just snorted and gave a huge grin, Kakashi smiled back a Naruto. “Meet me up on the roof” with that Kakashi ‘poofed’ away, Naruto walked out of the door towards the door, taking the stairs up he heard Sasuke and Sakura behind him. Once they were all settled down, Kakashi was sitting down in front of his students, Sasuke was sitting in between Naruto and Sakura, Naruto was on Sasuke’s right and Sakura was on his left.

“Okay…let’s begin with some introductions.” Sakura, with great effort, tore her eye’s away from Sasuke and faced her teacher “What do you want to know?” she asked
“How about…your likes, dislikes, dreams for the future, hobbies stuff like that”

“How about you go first sensei and show us” Sakura said in her oh so innocent voice. “Ohh….me? My name is Hatake Kakashi. I have many likes and dislikes. Dreams for the future…? Well, I have a lot of hobbies”

All we learnt was his name

Ran through Sasuke’s and Sakura’s heads, Naruto’s was along the lines of ‘I wonder if I still have my ramen coupons....mmm, ramenChibi Naruto Drools

“Okay, pinky you first” Sakura ignored the comment and introduced herself “My name is Hanuro Sakura the thing I like is (Glances at Sasuke)…Well the person I like is (Glances at Sasuke again)….Umm, my dream for the future is.… (looks at Sasuke again and squeals like a fan-girl), I hate Naruto baka!”

Naruto ignored her, “My hobby...” she went on….and never finished since she looked at Sasuke and squealed a squeal that ruled all others. The rest of team 7 had massive raindrops appear on the back of their heads, as Sakura went into her fan-girl mode.

'Yay! I get a fan-girl, next thing you know we’re all dead on our first mission' Kakashi thought dully.

“Alright….you the brooding one next” Sasuke glared at Kakshi but went on to introduce himself “My name is Uchiha Sasuke. There are tons of things I dislike but I don’t really like anything, and….I don’t really want to use the word dream, but more of an ambition, the resurrection of my clan…..and to kill a certain man”


‘I thought as much’

‘Cool…’

‘Idiot’


“Okay you next blondie” Kakashi had been looking forward to Naruto’s introduction ever since Naruto had found him.

“ My name is Uzamaki Naruto, my likes are ramen, my dislikes are the three minutes you have to wait for ramen to cook, my hobbies are training, reading, cooking, and pranks. My dream…is also sort of an ambition…”now having Kakashi’s attention Naruto continued “I need to stop a certain snake from blowing out a precious light, kill the same certain snake with the help of a certain frog, slug and monkey, also save a cherry blossom, raven and leaf from its own darkness and….become the best Hokage ever!”

Kakashi’s visible eye narrowed and the three ‘genin’ didn’t miss it, but they said nothing on the matter ‘No way, he couldn’t mean what I think he means….how does he even know of them? And who could he want to save from Orochimaru he said precious so that means someone close to him….also….cherry blossom(glances at Sakura)…. Raven (glances at Sasuke) ….and….leaf….I need to talk to Hokage-sama about this…’ Kakashi tore away from his musing and turned his attention to the three ‘genins’.

“Okay that’s enough introductions, we start our duties tomorrow, but before that we are going to do something just the four of us…Survival training”

“What?! Didn’t we do enough training in the Academy already?” Sakura said peeved Kakashi started laughing,

“Why are you laughing all of a sudden” Sakura said starting to get confused, had she missed something?....Kakashi started laughing a bit harder… a tick appeared above her brow...apparently so.

“No…well…it’s just that…When you hear this you’re probably going to flip. Of the 29 graduates only 9 will be chosen to be genin, the rest will go back to the Academy. This training is super difficult exam with a failure rate of over 66%”

Sakura went frozen in shock and disbelief, Sasuke got out of his brooding state and looked at his sensei for any signs that he was joking….and was sorely disappointed. And Naruto…he was asleep and snoring.

Kakashi sweat-dropped as did the others “NARUTO-BAKA WAKE UP!” Sakura went to hit Naruto when Naruto stopped it nearly crushing it, again, in the process Sakura winced trying to pull her hand away “I told you before Hanuro, don’t touch me again, or I will kill you” Naruto said in the same tone he used in the class room,

Kakashi’s eye’s narrowed so much that they were almost slits. Naruto was releasing a lot of killer intent for a mere fresh genin, Sasuke found himself…jealous? Of the dobes….power?!

Sakura was frozen in fear she nodded as best she could, shaking uncontrollably, Naruto let go of her and stood up walking away. Kakashi shook himself from his shock and called after Naruto who kept walking

“Meet us at the training grounds tomorrow and don’t eat breakfast, you’ll throw-up!” Naruto kept walking but put up a hand saying that he heard what his sensei had said. Kakashi turned to his other students who were still a bit shaken

“That goes for you guys too” He said then left jumping over rooftops and out of sight, Sasuke got up and walked away before Sakura knew it she was alone, she got up and ran away, probably to find Sasuke.

Naruto and Kakashi came into view as soon as Sakura was out of sight. “Mind telling me what’s going on?” Kakashi asked Naruto eyed Kakashi

“You’re probably one of the few people I can trust so, yes I will tell you, but not here” Kakashi raised a brow,

“Okay, where?” Naruto motioned for the older man to follow him, Naruto led him through the streets of Konoha to his apartment, Kakashi noticed that the apartment wasn’t anywhere near where a child should live, but noticed that Naruto didn’t mind so he didn’t say anything.

Naruto led the way upstairs’ and towards a door on the third floor at the end of the hallway, Kakashi took in his surroundings and found that the apartment and found that the room was anything but in good condition. The paint on the walls were peeling and their were cracks in certain places of the ceiling that made you think that it was going to come down on them. Their were signs that the apartment had been on fire at some point, the ceiling was leaking water, it was small and cramped the ‘living room’, ‘bedroom’ and ‘kitchen’ were all linked in one very cramped ‘L’ shaped room and their was a small hallway that lead to the bathroom. Kakashi winced at the bad living conditions and wondered what it was like to live in these living conditions for as long as you can remember.


Kakashi shuddered at the thought, however pushed the thoughts away and looked at Naruto who was looking at him smirking.

“Not pretty, is it” he said Kakashi opened his mouth to apologize but Naruto waved him off “Don’t worry Kakashi-sensei anyone else who came through that door would say the same” Kakashi nodded and walked in following Naruto. The time-traveler closed the door all the windows did a couple of hand seals but the ‘genin’ did it too fast for even Kakashi to see.

Naruto turned back to Kakashi and motioned him to sit down which he did, “alright…What do you want to know?”

Kakashi cocked his head to the side, then straitened up a bit and said “Everything…” Naruto simply nodded, and began explaining everything, from being Hokage, to Sakura and Sasuke betraying the village resulting in its downfall.

Kakashi absorbed all his information. “So let me get this straight, you are really the 25 year old Hokage, Naruto, and you know already know about Kyuubi.” Naruto nodded, so Kakashi continued

“Orochimaru is going to put a seal on Sasuke, that will make him power hungry and want to seek out Orochimaru to gain that power and betray the village, during the up-coming chunin exams” Naruto nodded again.

“When that happens Hokage-sama is going to die by the hands of his student, Orochimaru, who is now in charge of the village of the sound and allied with the sand that are both going to attack the village. But due to you having ‘connections’ Suna and Konoha are going to be allied in the future.” Naruto nodded.

“You go with Jirayia for a couple of weeks to seek out the new Hokage who turns out to be Tsunade, you manage to convince her to come and be Hokage” Naruto nodded

“Almost immediately after that Sasuke betrays the village and you go on a two and a half year training trip with Jirayia the toad sanin, during that time you find out that the Kyubi’s chakra is slowly killing you, and that a group called Akatsuki is after you and all biju containers.” Naruto nodded,

“When Orochimaru tried to take over Sasuke’s body Sasuke killed him and sought out a group of people to help him kill Itachi. Sasuke succeeded in doing that but still didn’t return to Konoha, instead he took over sound and declared war on Konoha, Konoha was winning when Sakura betrayed Konoha and gave out vital information to Sasuke. Which resulted in Konoha’s downfall and everyone’s except yours death, and due to this Kyuubi sent you back in time to fix things….”

Naruto nodded “Yeah pretty much” They sat their in silence for a moment or two when Kakashi finally opened his mouth to speak “You know that’s a whole lot to take in and not even remotely possible to believe” Naruto nodded again not saying a word.

“Then do you expect me to believe this?” Naruto sighed “I don’t expect you to do anything Kakashi-san, but you can’t deny the fact that I know things about this village no teenager should, also my knowledge of jutsu’s is far beyond what any genin could even hope to surpass, not only that but I can show you that I have in fact met Jiraiya in the….well that I’ve met him” Naruto said confused a little, Kakashi cocked his head to the side in confusion

“Oh, and what can you possibly do to make me believe that you are actually 25 years old and Hokage?” Naruto smirked and got out of his chair and stood in front of Kakashi, Naruto stuck his hand out in front of Kakashi and formed a perfect blue spinning orb.

Kakashi’s eyes widened he pulled his fore-head protector up and used his sharingan to see if it was actually real or not. Kakashi, after a few minutes(hours) of examining the perfectly shaped rasengan in Naruto’s hand slipped his fore-head protector down covering his eye again and nodded, Kakashi sighed and took in all the information again replaying what Naruto had said.

“Does Hokage-sama know about this?” he asked still processing the information, Naruto nodded. Kakashi sighed and rubbed his face maybe in hope that all his new worries about the future will just disappear and he would wake up in his bed late for work….again.

Kakashi pulled his hand away from his face and saw Naruto was still their looking at him, he sighed again. “So given that your current team mates both betrayed you and the village for their own selfish deeds which resulted in the destruction of Konoha. I suppose your teamwork with them will plummet so low that it would go where even demons wouldn’t go.” Kakashi said, Naruto looked at him amused,

“I guess you would be right in supposing that, but…” Kakashi looked at Naruto with a glint hope in his eyes

“…what would be the point in coming back and trying to fix things?” Naruto said, a small smile graced Kakashi’s face, even though covered by the mask on his face Naruto still saw through it and gave him a smile of his own in return

“But that doesn’t mean I don’t have to make their lives a living hell.” Naruto’s face split into a massive grin only he and a certain other blonde could manage.

Both males stayed like that talking for hours about Naruto's experiences and past(?)/future(?)until Kakashi sighed a tired smile and looked outside, they had stayed up way into the night and eventually till sunrise.

Naruto looked outside with Kakashi “Ne, Kakashi-san, if I’m not careful I might inherit your habit of being late” Kakashi chuckled a bit, Naruto joining in. They both settled down a bit Naruto’s face soon turned serious Kakashi gave Naruto his full attention, Naruto turned towards him, his piercing blue eye’s staring directly in his eye’s and seemed to go further, looking into his very soul. Kakashi summoned all his might NOT to let a shiver escape his spine.

“But you know Kakashi,” He said still looking at him; his voice was deep, soothing, yet strict and commanding. It unnerved Kakashi to see his student so serious, not once in his life has he seen anyone so serious

“You have to be able to move on sometime, Obito-san, Rin-san and otou-san are all gone and I’m pretty sure they’ll want you to focus on the present and not the past.” Kakashi’s eye’s widened then reverted back to its normal state, he looked down and said nothing he stood still, when he looked back up, his uncovered eye was in an upturned ‘U’ shape; he nodded to

Naruto who smiled and reverted back to his happy-go-lucky state and “YOSH! Let’s go before Sakura beats the shit out of both of us!” Naruto shouted, pumping his hand in the air.

Kakashi sweatdropped at the thought and nodded. Naruto was about to leave when “Naruto” Naruto turned to face his sensei “How strong are you?” Kakashi asked once he had the blond’s attention. Naruto’s face blew up into a full grown grin

“I surpassed my father” was all he said. Kakashi’s eye widened but softened before saying “Guess that’s why I gave you the nick-name the most unpredictable ninja ever, ne?” Kakashi said with his own grin, which Naruto happily returned.

“Go easy on me with the exam?” Kakashi asked hopefully but was shot down when Naruto gave a cheeky smile before simply poofing out of existence, Kakashi sighed before following the others lead.


End of chapter 1

:D hope you liked it, cause if you didn’t….(shakes fist angrily)

But in all seriousness this is my first time writing so umm…go easy on me, please
Review!

Disclaimer: once again…Do. Not. Own…
Sign up to rate and review this story