Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cancer

I'm Okay Now

by circusfreak7 0 reviews

"I'm Not Okay."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-04-02 - Updated: 2011-04-03 - 692 words - Complete

0Unrated
~Gerard's POV~

It was 12.04pm. The doctor, Dr Colensburg or something, came in, all solem faced. I knew something was wrong. This guys was in his sixties and the cheeriest guy you'd ever meet. When you see him looking sad, something is deifinetly wrong.
"Mr Way-"
"Call me Gerard Dr C." I said for the umpteenth time that week.
"Uh, Gerard. We recieved your tests results and... We have some bad news..."
What happened in that room continued as a blur of tears, shouts, yells, explanations and phone calls.
I had cancer, and there was nothing I could do about it. I was going to die.
*
I phoned Frankie and left him a voice mail, knowing he was in a press conference so I wouldn't have to hear his sweet voice ask questions I knew I couldn't answer. I told him to meet me under our tree.
After several hours of crying it was nightfall and we lay together under the stars in the warm night air.
"Face it, we've had good times. Every day of my life was worth living, and worth dying for. Even the hard days, because on those days I still had you and Mikey.
I'm in a revolutionary band, my best friend is Frank Iero, I'm married to LynZ and I have a beautiful daughter, My brother is Mikey Way, we have like a billion fans and Ray, Bob, you and Mikey are the best friends I could ask for. Even just one of those days in my life is enough to keep me going forever. And when I die, let fans attened my funeral, cauase they know me as much as they know their friends if they love us like we love them. It's so worth it Frank. SO, so worth it..." I said, looking right into Frankie's warm, hazel eyes.
He smiled, eyes red and puffy.
"You bet." He said groggily. He was still smiling, even as tears ran down his cheeks.
I loved Frank. He was my best friend. I needed him and he needed me. I thought of all our memories.
"Thirty's like the new twenty."
"For Trees..." The Frank in my head laughed. It was when we'd been interviewed by a British comedian. Ricky Gervais I think.

"I LOVE FRANK IERO, WHICH I DO!" I thought back to the live concert, nine years ago. It had been a hell of a ride.
Sadly it was coming to the end.

"Frank," this was the present me, "I really love you, you're my best friend. I'm glad I have you to get me through this." I whispered.
"Gerard, we're all gonna die, Gerard we're all gonna die, stop asking these questions, I'd hate to see you cry.." Frank sang, half smiling underneath all the tears and eyeliner stains.
"Gerard I love you too. I don't want you to die.." He said.
I kissed him on the lips, only as a friend. I had LynZ who was the most amazing wife or partner I could ask for. Any guy could ask for. Frank was only my friend and I was only his. In fact, that's a lie. We're BEST friends.
That night I fell asleep in Frank's arms, and he in mine.
It'd been a good ride, but soon, it would be time to get off. For me, anyway.


[A/N keeping this here-"Face it, we've had good times. Every day of my life was worth living, and worth dying for. Even the hard days, because on those days I still had you and Mikey.
I'm in a revolutionary band, my best friend is Frank Iero, I'm married to LynZ and I have a beautiful daughter, My brother is Mikey Way, we have like a billion fans and Ray, Bob, you and Mikey are the best friends I could ask for. Even just one of those days in my life is enough to keep me going forever. And when I die, let fans attened my funeral, cauase they know me as much as they know their friends if they love us like we love them. It's so worth it Frank. SO, so worth it..."
Sign up to rate and review this story