Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Azianeth Soul

Chapter 5

by mellowriterx3 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-04-07 - Updated: 2011-04-08 - 1442 words

0Unrated

            Chapter 5
            2nd period history, still was boring than ever. Nothing happens much, except that we had to sing our Medieval Europe “Billionaire” song. Other than that we didn’t do much.
            Finally the bell rang for 3rd period. For me it was P.E.  Somehow that was my favorite classes. I really don’t know but I think it’s because in P.E. I had all of my closes friends. I walked out of the school building and I saw Stefenie. As like any other day I walk up behind her and scared her. She kind of yells after 3 seconds after I touch her. I laughed and we both headed to the locker rooms.
            Stefenie is one of my closes and bests friends. She is a very quiet and shy kind of person. She’s very funny to be with when I’m plain out bored. She has a Mexican look, but she is an Asian, Filipino. A lot of times, when I have the same class as her, the teacher gets mixed up with Steffine and me. To me it’s ok because she’s like a sister. I always have to deal with her problems and we tell each other just about everything.
            I finally finished changing into my P.E. clothes and I squeezed my way through the crowd of girls changing. I finally reached outside and I saw my childhood friend, Quentin. He was walking by himself. “He’s always lonely,” I thought.
            Quentin is a normal Vietnamese, like me. He has a mysterious look and personality. I can never figure out what’s going on with him. He never really shows his emotions. He’s kind of emo, too.  He has dark wavy kind of long hair.   He had the style of the Japanese hair style. I’ve known him my whole life. I’ve known him since I was in pre-school. He was my backyard neighbor. We went to the same schools, too. We were close friends, but we were once more then friends, too. He was my boyfriend awhile ago, but I broke up with him, for many reasons. And he always wore this skull ring on his finger. He wore it every day. It was special to him. It was like a part of him.
I caught up with him and laid my hand on his shoulder. He looked back and had a little smile on his face. I noticed when touched him I had the same nervous and scared feeling when I was walking down the hallway, this morning. I let go and the feeling was gone. “Weird,” I thought.
            We walked to the blacktop and we talked along the way. Then inexpertly, Kenneth and Klaude came running toward me and they crashed into me. “Happy birthday, Katalin.” yelled Kenneth.  “I already said that this morning,” said Klaude with his light voice.
            Kenneth and Klaude are my two best pals. They are almost like brothers. They’ve known each other since they were babies. They are both Filipino, but mostly they are nothing alike. Klaude is a very skinny guy. He’s skinny as a twig.  But don’t judge him just because he’s skinny. He is in Karate and he doesn’t get hurt as much. He my looks like a weakling, but he has a six pack. Klaude is the nice and shy guy in our group.  There are times that he’s way too much of a nice guy that sometimes we think he’s a girl, but he’s still a good guy/friend. Now Kenneth on the other hand is different. He’s skinny but not as skinny as Klaude, but like a good skinny. Kenneth is an outgoing kind of person. He likes to have a laugh and sometimes he’s a sick minded person. He’s a total guy, but he still has a nice guy part in him, too.
“Thank you!” I replied. We reached the black top and I stood on my number. They all stand by me like in a circle, like always. Then I felt a poke on my arm. I turned around and I saw Melanie.
Melanie is one of my best friends. I’ve only met her this year, but I feel like I’ve known her a long time. Melanie is an emo, Goth, tough, Asian Filipino girl. She wears black eye liner, black clothes and also wears black glasses every day. She really doesn’t care if when people call her “emo”, “goth”, or what we would call her “gothemo”, just for fun. But we always try to watch what we say because she can really explode. But she still has a kind heart.
“Hey, Melanie! Poke!” I said. We poked each other and we laughed. She joined the circle of our “Asian group”. We were all Asians, and Kenneth named us that, so we went with that. We were always together, when it came to group activities, and we were all friends. I felt happy and safe around them, but today something was wrong.
We played wiffle ball, just practicing to swing the bat and hitting the ball. It was Kenneth, Klaude, Quentin, Melanie, Amy, and me. Same as always, we sucked, but we had our laughs. During the game Amy came over to me and put her arm around my shoulder and said, “I feel bad that I didn’t give you anything for your birthday!” “Oh, Amy, it’s ok! You gave me your friendship, that’s all that matter,” I replied. “Oh, I gave you that card, too!” said Amy. “Yeah,” I said.
Quentin hit the ball and I wasn’t paying any attention. It was going straight toward my face! It was like going 100mph. But somehow I had a feeling and without controlling myself I caught the ball. Melanie and Amy came running straight to me. “Are you okay,” asked Melanie. “Did you catch it or did it hit you?” Kenneth, Klaude, and Quentin came running over to me.” DID YOU SEE THAT?! SHE CAUGHT THAT BALL!” yelled Klaude. “How did u do it?! It was going too fast for you to catch that!” said Kenneth. “I have no idea how it happened, I couldn’t control myself,” I responded. “Hey, Kate, what’s up with the designs on your arms?” asked Amy. I looked at my arms and I saw the marks from the morning. I quickly hid my arms behind my arms and said, “It’s nothing.” They all didn’t have a reaction. They were like “ok let’s go back into the game”. I was relieved and I looked at my arms, again. The marks were gone.
  P.E. was finally over.  We all went back to the locker rooms. I quickly changed, as always, and squeezed my way out through the girl’s locker room. I finally reached outside and I sat on one of the table benches. Melanie came out of the locker room and sat done beside me. We were the first people done and it was just the two of us. “So, how’s your birthday so far,” asked Melanie. “It’s great! But there is something wrong with me today,” I replied. “What is it,” Melanie asked. Then I noticed that a lot of people were out already. Kenneth, Klaude, and Quentin came up to us. “You know what we should do for your birthday? We should be all Asian and sing karaoke,” said Kenneth. “Karaoke?” I asked. “Yeah, but not sing karaoke with the family. With the family it’s boring,” he replied. Out of nowhere Melanie was talking about Klaude being a girl for Halloween. The bell rang and we ended talking about Klaude’s house with pink. We were walking and talking together until Kenneth went to tech lab and Melanie went to 2nd floor math. It was just Klaude, Quentin, and me. While we were walking to class Quentin grabbed my hand and held it. I was thinking, “Huh? What?!  He never did that when we were together!” I looked at my hand and I saw the marks, again. But his time it was bright red. I started to feel weaker every step. Then Klaude somehow knew I was weakening, he went between us and separated us. My strength came back to me and I thought, “What just happened?” I looked at my arms again and the marks were back to its normal white silver color. “Why were you holding hands with Katalin,” Klaude asked Quentin. I dashed into the classroom before I could hear his respond.
Sign up to rate and review this story